Zach Thomas left off TSN's top 100 NFL players list | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas left off TSN's top 100 NFL players list

Ronnie Bass

R.I.P. - Nick is God
Reaction score
The Sporting News just released their top 100 NFL players of 2005 and only one Dolphin made it - Jason Taylor #17 - meaning Zach Thomas in the eyes of this magazine is not worthy of being in the top 100 of today's players.

Here are some notables who were put ahead of him:

100 - Dre' Bly, CB, Lions
96 - Mark Bulger, QB, Rams
95 - Ty Law, CB, Jets (one of five Jets on the list)
94 - Donovin Darius, S, Jaguars
90 - Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, DE, Packers
89 - Shawn Springs, S, Redskins
86 - Brian Westbrook, RB, Eagles
84 - Al Wilson, LB, Broncos (where in the hell was he this past Sunday? :shakeno: )
83 - Rudi Johnson, RB, Bengals
81 - Charles Grant, LB, Saints
80 - Leonard Little, LB, Rams
73 - Charles Tillman, CB, Bears
66 - Michael Lewis, S, Eagles
64 - Cornelius Griffin, DT, Redskins
63 - Jonathan Vilma, LB, Jets
62 - Shaun Ellis, DE, Jets
50 - Patrick Surtain, CB, Chiefs

And I'm not trying to suggest that Thomas is better than all these players, but it's hard to believe that he doesn't deserved to be at least ranked with them.

I guess heart, leadership and hard work doesn't count for nothing with it comes to the Sporting News.

That is a bunch of BS. ZT cleary doesn't get the respect that he deserves.

Nick is God said:
The Sporting News just released their top 100 NFL players of 2005 and only one Dolphin made it - Jason Taylor #17 - meaning Zach Thomas in the eyes of this magazine is not worthy of being in the top 100 of today's players.

Here are some notables who were put ahead of him:

100 - Dre' Bly, CB, Lions
96 - Mark Bulger, QB, Rams
95 - Ty Law, CB, Jets (one of five Jets on the list)
94 - Donovin Darius, S, Jaguars
90 - Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, DE, Packers
89 - Shawn Springs, S, Redskins
86 - Brian Westbrook, RB, Eagles
84 - Al Wilson, LB, Broncos (where in the hell was he this past Sunday? :shakeno: )
83 - Rudi Johnson, RB, Bengals
81 - Charles Grant, LB, Saints
80 - Leonard Little, LB, Rams
73 - Charles Tillman, CB, Bears
66 - Michael Lewis, S, Eagles
64 - Cornelius Griffin, DT, Redskins
63 - Jonathan Vilma, LB, Jets
62 - Shaun Ellis, DE, Jets
50 - Patrick Surtain, CB, Chiefs

And I'm not trying to suggest that Thomas is better than all these players, but it's hard to believe that he doesn't deserved to be at least ranked with them.

I guess heart, leadership and hard work doesn't count for nothing with it comes to the Sporting News.

"The Sporting News" is not exactly the industry leader when determining quality NFL opinions. I don't know anyone that uses their information at all to place quality bets.

You guys really care about these dumb-*** writers on their team & player rankings.

It's just one persons opinion......who cares?!?!?

yeah, i'm sure zach has lived with this kind of disrespect for his entire football career, having always been told he was too slow and too small...how the f*** zach isn't ahead of all those lbs you pointed out in the bottom 50 is a mystery to me. The guy who came up with this list obviously didn't take much time to make sure it was accurate...totally ridiculous...

Back
Top Bottom