Zach Thomas Overlooked | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas Overlooked

finfan187

Starter
Reaction score
I am sure this has been brought up a number of times but to me it seems like #54 gets overlooked all the time when the great linebackers get brought up. Now I'm not talking about all-time but currently. You always hear about Ray Lew, Urlacher, even Merriman (cheater) but never Zach...heck you can throw Derrick Brooks in the overlooked category too. Why do you think that is? Personally I think it's b/c Zach's sack numbers are low for a MLB.

I think it's because they're all jealous of Zach. He got the most tackles in the NFL last year and he just went to his 7th Pro Bowl. They might as well go ahead and reserve Zach a hotel room in Hawaii for this year's Pro Bowl. He'll probably be back. He's a tackling machine. He's like the Terminator or something ... he probably drives running backs nuts. He also reminds me a little of that actor Patrick Swayze in that old movie "Road House" about a bouncer in a rough Texas saloon. :chuckle:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_House_(1989_film)

Check out all the awards and honors that Zach has received. He must have a huge trophy case. Nearly as big as his brother in law JT's probably. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zach_Thomas

I don't care what everyone else thinks. I know how great a player he is and how valuable he is to our team. Hearing sportscenter or a newspaper say that he's great is just them telling me something I already know.

I don't care what everyone else thinks. I know how great a player he is and how valuable he is to our team. Hearing sportscenter or a newspaper say that he's great is just them telling me something I already know.

Oh I agree I just feel bad for the guy. I mean it must suck to bust your hump and never get the recognition you deserve...I mean that's how I feel at my job at least

:cooldude: Its true Thomas does gets overlooked but sometimes going under the radar is good because stats do speak for themselves I mean look at one of the greatest recievers in the game today Marvin Harrison when was the last time you heard something about him in the media he maintains himself under the radar but he is assured a spot in canton in the future thats for sure Thomas is the same way we'll see where he stands at the end of his carreer but will be noted as one of the elite in the future partly because he has proven alot of analyst wrong specially because of his height.

the media might overlook him a bit, but I know opposing offenses don't.
They always want to know where ZT and JT are.

I am sure this has been brought up a number of times but to me it seems like #54 gets overlooked all the time when the great linebackers get brought up. Now I'm not talking about all-time but currently. You always hear about Ray Lew, Urlacher, even Merriman (cheater) but never Zach...heck you can throw Derrick Brooks in the overlooked category too. Why do you think that is? Personally I think it's b/c Zach's sack numbers are low for a MLB.

I think Zach gets overlooked for a couple reasons:

1. The Dolphins have not won any Superbowls or even made it that far into the playoffs while Zach has been here. Urlacher has been to a SB and been on pretty dominant teams as far as the NFC goes. Chicago has also had great defenses and he is the leader of the D. Ray Lewis has a SB ring and so does Brooks. If Zach gets one then I think he will be talked about in the same category.

2. Zach just goes out and does his job. He is not controversial and doesn't have to do a sack dance like Merriman and Ray. He hasn't killed anyone or been suspended for steroids or illegal drugs. I think this make Zach kind of plain vanilla to some, but to me Zach is the best and most consistent MLB year in and year out. I think Zach and JT will both be Hall of Famers...a SB ring would solidify their chances. :)

Zach is a good linebacker. The difference is those other guys are game changers. If you recall 2 years ago when Zach went down Derrick Pope came in and got alot of tackles in his spot. Our defense doesn't give a running back many options if there is a hole in the d line a lb will fill it. Zach is a blue color guy. Really good, but not great !

Zach is a good linebacker. The difference is those other guys are game changers. If you recall 2 years ago when Zach went down Derrick Pope came in and got alot of tackles in his spot. Our defense doesn't give a running back many options if there is a hole in the d line a lb will fill it. Zach is a blue color guy. Really good, but not great !

How can you not be great after being a 7 time Pro Bowler? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Zach's not a flashy guy who beats his chest and jumps up and down for the cameras like Ray Lewis ... that's just his style. He's kind of an old fashioned Texas good ole boy tough guy. I like guys like that myself. Kind of like Clint Eastwood or something. Clint wasn't too flashy in his cowboy movies either. He just gunned em down and rode off in the sunset. :chuckle:

Zach used to get more credit when we were making the playoffs in his early years...I remember in 2000 I think when we played the Ravens that was the showdown between Ray Lewis and ZT...they talked about him alot that game and gave him alot of credit. Ever since we quit making the playoffs they lost interest in him...which is just sad.

[mod]Please do not circumvent the profanity filter[/mod]

The Only ones that overlook Zach are the media and bias haters. You can bet your *** the competition doesn't overlook Zach. He's in every teams game plan the week before a Dolphins game, guaranteed.

I think it's mostly because Zach just plays the game and doesn't toot his own horn all the time. No showing off, dances, funky hairdos, etc. Just plays hard all the time, and that doesn't make news.

Back
Top Bottom