Zach Thomas vs. Brian Urlacher | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas vs. Brian Urlacher

Who would you rather have and/or the best player?

• Zach Thomas

Votes: 65 46.1%
  • Brian Urlacher

Votes: 76 53.9%

• Total voters

HULKFish

Obsessed
Reaction score
I was told not to do this because even everyone on this website would surely think Urlacher was the better player!!:eek:

Here is the stats according to NFL.com, Zach is CLEARLY the best overall player and Urlacher is better at getting to the qb. Who would you rather have?

clear.gif

They are both beasts and very comparable in skill and statistics. Considering that neither one is better than the other, they are a couple of the elite LBs in the league, i'll of course take the hometown boy. The Zach Attack Jack.

Its funny though what Zach does each and every year, and nobody cares. They'd rather hang on Urlacher and Ray Lewis.

It's two different questions. ZT has been the better overall player thruoughout their respective careers, but I would rather have the younger Urlacher now and going forward.

Well Zach is older now, it's a tough call though. Surprisingly Zach has a lot more interceptions and 4 TDs compared to 0. That might give him the edge if they were both in their primes.

Well...
Urlacher is good against the run, excellent in coverage, and good at getting to the QB.

Zach is good against the run.

Seems pretty obvious to me.

...and in no way is that a knock on Zach, but Urlacher can seemingly do it all.

DePhinistr8 said:
Well...
Urlacher is good against the run, excellent in coverage, and good at getting to the QB.

Zach is good against the run.

Seems pretty obvious to me.

...and in no way is that a knock on Zach, but Urlacher can seemingly do it all.

But Zach has been better in coverage than we give him credit for. Look at his number of ints. It's over twice as high with only four extra seasons. More deflected passes too. Zach is probably not better than him now but in his prime I think he probably was.

muscle979 said:
But Zach has been better in coverage than we give him credit for. Look at his number of ints. It's over twice as high with only four extra seasons. More deflected passes too. Zach is probably not better than him now but in his prime I think he probably was.

I think Zach excels in zone schemes, but when it comes to man to man coverage I think he may be a bit suspect, even in his younger years. He is probably the smartest linebacker I've ever seen. Urlacher seems to have all the physical tools you could ask for, if he ever becomes as studious as Zach, look out...

PhinsRock said:
Urlacher seems to be more of an impact LB, no disrespect to Zach.

Based on what??? Zach is the better in pass coverage and had many years in man to man coverage... He is easily better against the run NOW too.

This a dumb post. Take 4 years of stats out of Zachs career and clearly Urlacher is the better player. Before i forget name me another LB other than Urlacher that can go from sideline to sideline in a heart beat and lay you out? Ray Lewis use to be able to do it but not anymore. The years have past Zach by and it is time for Fin fans to realize it. Time to go Zach, and if you are let go this year i won't be suprised if he ends up a Patriot to try and get what he never got here a ring.

I think they are both different MLBs.

Who would I rather have? Tuff call.

I live in Chicago, so I seen Urlacher every Sunday. Being a huge Dolphins and Bears fan this one would be difficult.

Numbers wise, Zach is probably a step up. But there are somethings that you can't put numbers on.

After the Arizona game and the bears were down 20 points in the 4th Qter and came back to win without an offensive touchdown, that sold me on Urlacher. I have never seen a MLB take over a game like that before.
Urlcaher basically TOOK OVER the game in the 4th Qter when everyone else quit and dominated.
It was like back in the day when Michael Jordan would just take over a basketball game.
Those types of things don't really show up on paper.

another reason why Urlcacher doesn't have as many tackles, is because of Lance Briggs and the other probably 6 pro bowl defensive players who make tackels.

I think if you were to compare them to QBs, I think

Urlacher would be more of a Tom Brady not HUGE numbers, but a winner and great in the lockeroom.

Thomas would be more of a McNabb. Bigger numbers, also a winner.

It would be really hard to say who is BETTER than who. Urlacher is SUPER fast and HUGE. I'm a big fan of speed, your not going to our run him.

It would be a tuff call, I guess it would depend on what type of defense you are running.

HULKFish said:
Based on what??? Zach is the better in pass coverage and had many years in man to man coverage... He is easily better against the run NOW too.

Well I don't see Urlacher letting a TE go 60+ yards for a TD that shouldn't have gone for more than 5 yards, and I don't see the Bears letting a run play from scrimmage go 90+ yards for a TD. It's all about results. I mean NO disrespect to Zach, I admire him and he is my favorite Fin, but Urlacher's more of an impact player IMHO.

Zach has 58 more games played. We would need to check their stats after an equal number of games.

Back
Top Bottom