Zach's comment... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach's comment...

ALTOONA

I grew up in PA watching DAN the MAN for PITT light some people up, but I ALWAYS hated the STILLERS!! PHINS RULE!!!! PITT should give MIAMI a TEST for the BIG EAST CHAMPIONSHIP if RUTHERFORD plays well!!

I don't doubt that Lucas has all the heart in the world. I doubt that he has any brains. I think when he wa smade good gave him two scoops of heart and must have had the brain on back order or something. The ONE AND ONLY thing he has over Fiedler is this: He takes the blame all on himself when it is his fault while Jay seemed to push it away and ignore his faults.

However, this could also be the bigger problem. Since he is taking all the blame, it might be causing his self-esteem to drop. This compounded with more mistakes makes him doubt his abilities and make him feel like he isn't worthy to be out there. Jay shrugged off al blame even some times placing it on other players which looks selfish and mean. However, he is able to brush off his mostakes and poor performances and go onto the next play without hesitation or reservation. This allows him to play with confidence and that breeds positive output.

Therefore since Ray has lost his confidence as well as this team, we need to bench him and go elsewhere. This won't do anything good to his self esteem, but it will allow the rest of the team to maybe fire up around the new qb and perhaps to a few wins in Jay's place. Then if they get on a roll and have success, maybe Ray can see that it was best for the team to move on without him. Just my thought

Originally posted by Muck
You couldn't be more wrong.....or out of touch with what he's going through.

It's easy to sit here in our armchairs and label somebody. But never in your life have you experienced the amount of pressure that Ray Lucas has experienced in the last three weeks.

Pressure?!?! He's the one that said he could handle it. He's the one that talked up how he can do just as good a job as Fiedler has done. He's had 3 chances in a row and failed. Last Night he did have a QB rating of 103.5 or something like that, but when the game was on the line he choked. Throwing 2 balls to the ground and getting sacked on the last drive. If I am Baltimore I blitz every single play because Ray Lucas sucks.

PLEASE!!
You guys who are so Rah-rah no matter what the tema does kill me. How can you support Ray and give all this "OOh Ray is under pressure" BULLSH*T! He know what he is doing when he cashes those big checks. He know whats at stake. Ray is not capable, he is now officially finished in the NFl. Has nothing to do with if he is a good guy. We are not looking for buddies, we are looking foir leaders and champions. Ray is a let down.

Ok, someone mentioned that Ray did great in preseason. Um...what does that have to do with winning the SB? Nothing. Ray looked good because he was playing rookies and vanillia defenses. His record with the Jets and his record in preseason do not mean squat right now. Fact of the matter is, his record with the Dolphins is 0-3. He has turned the ball over 9 times in those 3 games.
He is getting paid to win football games in which he is not. I'd religate him back to 2nd string and put Sage in. Sage can use the experience more then Lucas can, and the worse he could do would be the same that Lucas has given us.
I'm not the coach, but I'd give Ray 1 quarter of the next game. If he fails to move the ball, or is the cause of a turn over, he's gone. Let Sage come in and get popped a few times and learn the NFL some. I mean, if you're going to lose you might as well get some good out of it.

And some will say to give Ray a chance. Ray has had 12 quarters (thats 180 minutes) of chance. Lets give Sage the same and be fair about it all. Hey, what could it hurt?

Originally posted by Muck
You couldn't be more wrong.....or out of touch with what he's going through.

It's easy to sit here in our armchairs and label somebody. But never in your life have you experienced the amount of pressure that Ray Lucas has experienced in the last three weeks.

Oh Please! I would gladly make a fool out of myself and cry like a baby on National TV for the $$$$$$ that he is getting.

Fin-atic and Chambers.......

Just like some of the others, you completely missed my point. As I said before, my post WAS NOT about Ray Lucas' play or talent or whatever. This was about ONE moment AFTER the game. This was about somebody calling him a HEAD CASE and calling him a CRYBABY.

Stop twisting up my posts.

Originally posted by fin-atic
PLEASE!!
You guys who are so Rah-rah no matter what the tema does kill me.

Sorry for not being a gloom-and-doomer. But I support the Phins no matter what. But if you want to be happy, just get me started on Jim Bates. :(

Ray Lucas has been terrible, but the fact that he showed emotion does not make him a loser or crybaby. It just shows he cares. If RW cried after a game we'd just say he's emotional and cares alot. I hate the job Lucas has done and is quite possibly the worst NFL QB I've ever seen outside of Spergen Wynn.

I hoped he'd do well, but it's becoming painfully obvious his NFL career is done after this year. I have said for the longest time arm strength is way overrated and accuracy is much more important.

This is a bad situation. I can endure Ray Lucas’s mistakes, INT’s and overall bad performances, but unfortunately, there is a lot more going on here. When a QB loses his confidence, he loses his ability to run an NFL offense. Period. It doesn’t matter if he’s a pro bowler, a second stringer or a practice squad player – when he loses his confidence, he is done. Playing QB requires the player to react to what goes on the field - quickly, without thinking. The game is far too fast for anyone to second guess themselves on the field. And that’s what seems to be happening to Ray Lucas.

To compensate, I would like to see the DEF and Special teams find other ways to generate points since the offense isn’t getting it done. Its not enough to simply say “our defense played well enough, we just have to fix the offenseâ€Â. While I agree that the Defesne played very well, Bates still needs to take more chances and create some turnovers. Yes Ray is playing piss poor, but he was not helped by good field position on Sunday. We had zero sacks and zero turnovers. Our conservative defensive scheme is effective when our offense is clicking, but now the defense needs to make some changes – take some chances - in order to help Ray and the offense out. Dr Z reiterated this point in his power rankings last week.

Again, I’m not blaming the defense, who played as well as one could ask according to the scheme that was designed for the game. Im suggesting that the scheme itself has to be more aggressive to compensate for our offenses inability to move the ball and score points.

We can'tr afford to take chances because if you lose that chance and give up a big play, the game might be over right then.

Originally posted by Samphin
I don't doubt that Lucas has all the heart in the world. I doubt that he has any brains. I think when he wa smade good gave him two scoops of heart and must have had the brain on back order or something. The ONE AND ONLY thing he has over Fiedler is this: He takes the blame all on himself when it is his fault while Jay seemed to push it away and ignore his faults...

When does Jay ignore his faults. Jay just doesn't do a whole lot of talking period. He knows people for the most part are going to knit pick whatever he says and think he is evading blame or some bs like that. Jay has been a stand up guy ever since coming to the dolphins. A lot of people are just now figuring out what a fighter Jay is. Lets hope the season is not too far gone when he gets back.

Back
Top Bottom