Zach's Numbers Are Killing Him | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach's Numbers Are Killing Him

ErroneousFlint said:
Sooner or later ZT is not gonna be of any use to us; no play value, no trade value.

Soon he'll begin avoiding contact for fear of re-injury, merely existing out on the field.

Pro-active thinking ......
what makes this statement even funnier is that your completly serous...LOL :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

top 3 LB in the league. "avoiding contact". yeah, i can see Thomas doing that...:roflmao: i think he would rather get injured than let up on a tackle.

ch19079 said:
what makes this statement even funnier is that your completly serous...LOL :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

top 3 LB in the league. "avoiding contact". yeah, i can see Thomas doing that...:roflmao: i think he would rather get injured than let up on a tackle.
the more players get hurt, and i mean players who wanna stay on the field no matter if theyre hurt or not (ZT vs SF) esp. when theyre getting up there in age, especially when they have a pope on their tail, yeah, im serious.

again, this has nothing to do with his productivity. again, this floats over many heads. i hope that one of us gets our wish here. i can live with mine.

Oboy said:
Hate to tell you, I don't think he has much trade value now. Like you said if the average career of a LB is 10 years and he has played 9... who would trade for one year?

Put yourself in the other position. Would you want to trade anything for a good, but old middle linebacker that only has one maybe two good years left?

we traded for seau, there has to be another team who feels they have immediate needs to fill

ErroneousFlint said:
the more players get hurt, and i mean players who wanna stay on the field no matter if theyre hurt or not (ZT vs SF) esp. when theyre getting up there, especially when they have a pope on their tail, yeah, im serious.

yeah I agree, poor decision by Zach, have to think part of it at least was that he heard Pope's footsteps catching up to him

Finfan80 said:
we traded for seau, there has to be another team who feels they have immediate needs to fill
and wasnt there a cap issue there as well?

touborg said:
ZT retires a Dolphin.

Him being on this team has nothing to do us not winning a super bowl.

icon14.gif

ch19079 said:

I hate to do this, but I'm 100% behind this Bills fan on this one!

A big reason Zach has little trade value to other teams is his age and size. The big reason ZT has little trade value for Miami is the salary cap. While not in salary cap hell next year we're tight enough against the cap to make an additional 4 million unaffordable.

However, all veteran players status will depend on the new coaching staff.

ErroneousFlint said:
some of us root for teams others for players.

The funny thing is how clueless you are about the cap situation and how trading Zach would effect the team. Trade him and knock 10% off the cap for next year..... His production is not the only thing keeping Zach in Miami for the rest of his career.

The Dolphins have played 2 full games in 2 years w/o Zach:

2004 against Buffalo - 362 yds, 42pts
2003 against Tennessee - 324 - 31pts.

Now they may not be THE 2 worst performances by our defense overall, but look how our defense averages out without him in the lineup.

So how is getting rid of Zach actually going to help us?

Fine his salary is off the books......but by numbers, it's at too big of an expense? Can Pope play in this league? Looks like he can? But can he be one of the best LB's in the game and the HEART of the D?? :rolleyes:

And trade Zach?? For what exactly a 4th round pick. If his value has fallen so far in the Phin's eyes that they were willing to trade him......what would another team be willing to give? Someone brought up Seau.....what did we give up for him a 5th (I'm not taking the time to verify)?? Is that worth losing Zach for??

I think that we'd immediately go from a top 10 D, to one that gives up 30 per game........just look at the numbers.

ErroneousFlint said:
Sooner or later ZT is not gonna be of any use to us; no play value, no trade value.

He's in his ninth year, puts up phenomenal numbers, therefore, now is the time to get something for him.

Linebackers these days have an average career span of what? 10 years?

He has never missed this many games and as you get older, you're not gonna heal any faster.

Do you really think that we will win a Superbowl by retaining him in his final years?

Soon he'll begin avoiding contact for fear of re-injury, merely existing out on the field.

I say that 10 years is the average career span of linebackers. It's more like 8 productive ones and ZT's 2004 numbers prove that he's more than just average.

Coakley - 8
Butkus - 9
Offerdahl - 9
Singletary - 11
Lambert - 11 and after year 8 productivity declined.

Sure, there are the exceptions:
LT - 13 (altogether different defense and how they used him)
Jack Ham - 12

But in three more years, what will be more important:

ZT retires a Dolphin
or
The Dolphins reach The Superbowl !!!

???

Pro-active thinking ......
Did you see how the Bills carved up our defense and scored over 40 points on us without Zach. I'm sorry but I don't want to deal away the leader of our team.

:fire:

Roman529 said:
Did you see how the Bills carved up our defense and scored over 40 points on us without Zach. I'm sorry but I don't want to deal away the leader of our team.

:fire:
exactly Zack retires a Dolphin no doubt about it

Zach stay a Fin unless he wants to go. If his play is declining and we can see it then im sure every other team can to. You trade someone before the decline. Once they start its to late.

Im not stating Zach is declining by the way.

i would way rather see zach retire a dolphin than getting a mid round draft pick for him...

people on this site sicken me......

Back
Top Bottom