zack thomas? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

zack thomas?

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
do to his age and high salary do you think he might be traded/cut if the new general manager decides to rebuild? i hope not (even though he sucked last night) honestly would you take a 1st rounder for him next year?

I want Zach in Miami. I already lost a Jersey (#34) Please don't make me lose another!!!

1st rounder? I don't know. I think Zach has plenty left in the tank. I think he wants to play for a winner too. Out of all of our defensive payers, he is the most likely to retire a lifetime fin imo. I have always felt that Madison's tenure here would end badly and I could see Taylor an dSurtain on different teams in the future.

I only trade Zach if he demands it and even still, it would break my heart. Besides, you just create another hole needed to be filled when we have at a minimum 8 spots needing to be replaced already.

No, he and JT are the face of this franchise. Zach has heart and passion, and is still playing awesome. He is a leader, and worth holding on to for the rest of his career.

rickysux said:
do to his age and high salary do you think he might be traded/cut if the new general manager decides to rebuild? i hope not (even though he sucked last night) honestly would you take a 1st rounder for him next year?

No and get off his back.

Zach Thomas is the leader of this defense. Look at the way we've performed in the past when he was out. We go from one of the NFL's best defenses to mediocre at best if we get rid of Zach.

rickysux said:
Its becoming more and more obvious that there are more Miami Dolphin fans in here than there are Football fans. By that I mean that some of you just don't undertstand Football at all!!!

First off, Zach did not suck last night, our defensive Tackles sucked last night. Kevin Mawae is the best center in the league, and its the DT's job to tie him up so that the Middle Linebacker can move around and make tackles. That didn't happen last night. Mawae was free all night and right in Zach's face. There really isn't a whole lot Zach could have done. Thats what Larry Chester and TimBo did so well. They allowed Zach to have the room to move around and make plays. Aside form the DT's, our Safties sucked hard last night. Its becoming more and more obvious each game that Arturo Freeman is a much better player than Atuan Edwards and should be starting. I think teh battle should have been between Knight and Edwards for the other spot. Seau was bad last night too but he was hurt.
The biggest disapointment was Jason Taylor. I think if anyone has lost what they had its him. No more crying that he gets doubled, John Abraham made Taylor look like a practise squad guy. If all these other DE's can overcome doubles and Jason can't, then its Jason who has lost a step.

Secondly, the only linebackers in the league that would get a first rounder in a trade are Ray Lewis, Keith Bullock and maybe Julian Peterson. we'd have a hard time getting a second rounder for a 30 year old Zack Thomas. As a Miami fan I love Zach, but thats just a FOOTBALL reality.

I would walk around with signs galore if we got rid of Zach. Let the little man do his work, get his $ and go about his little way......

Halifax said:
Its becoming more and more obvious that there are more Miami Dolphin fans in here than there are Football fans. By that I mean that some of you just don't undertstand Football at all!!!

First off, Zach did not suck last night, our defensive Tackles sucked last night. Kevin Mawae is the best center in the league, and its the DT's job to tie him up so that the Middle Linebacker can move around and make tackles. That didn't happen last night. Mawae was free all night and right in Zach's face. There really isn't a whole lot Zach could have done. Thats what Larry Chester and TimBo did so well. They allowed Zach to have the room to move around and make plays. Aside form the DT's, our Safties sucked hard last night. Its becoming more and more obvious each game that Arturo Freeman is a much better player than Atuan Edwards and should be starting. I think teh battle should have been between Knight and Edwards for the other spot. Seau was bad last night too but he was hurt.
The biggest disapointment was Jason Taylor. I think if anyone has lost what they had its him. No more crying that he gets doubled, John Abraham made Taylor look like a practise squad guy. If all these other DE's can overcome doubles and Jason can't, then its Jason who has lost a step.

Secondly, the only linebackers in the league that would get a first rounder in a trade are Ray Lewis, Keith Bullock and maybe Julian Peterson. we'd have a hard time getting a second rounder for a 30 year old Zack Thomas. As a Miami fan I love Zach, but thats just a FOOTBALL reality.

Did ya watch the game??...Zach overan bout 10 plays and was on his back on atleast 6 plays maybe more.....OVERATED and OVERPAYED....We cant let him go...His DEAD CAP would be mindboggling...We missed our chance last year to send him down the road.

Zach Thomas has a sense for the ball. Every play he's somewhere around lurking. He's in on practically every play and losing him would hurt this team tremendously. We get healthy on the Defense both physcially and mentally next year (our defense is mentally worn down right now), and our defense will not put on an effort like the one last night!!

musphinzfan said:
Did ya watch the game??...Zach overan bout 10 plays and was on his back on atleast 6 plays maybe more.....OVERATED and OVERPAYED....We cant let him go...His DEAD CAP would be mindboggling...We missed our chance last year to send him down the road.
I watched the game and what Halifax said is exactly right. Without our big DTs keeping the blockers off of Thomas, he is pretty much a non-factor. This defense was built around him. Kevin M. is one of the best C in the league....add to that both of our starting DTs are out and it is not surprising that Thomas was tied up all night. I will say though that there were A LOT of missed tackles on defense last night. This is something that killed us last season as well. As for Zach overrunning the plays, this is nothing new. Teams have been working to exploit our speed for years. They often design plays to make our defense overpursue. Fortunately we usually have good enough speed to minimize the gains on the cutbacks and misdirections. Having said this, Zach is NOT overrated OR overpayed. He is the heart of the defense and he is the leader. I'm sure if you ask ANY player in the NFL who knows the guy they will tell you the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom