Zero patience for NFL QBs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zero patience for NFL QBs

raving

Active Roster
Reaction score
In today’s NFL their is far TOO little patience with QB development.

Rosen is best kept out of the live action for as long as possible and here’s why:

We mostly think we know what we have in a poor offensive line - but we do not know how bad or good they will perform. Better to see what are the our strengths and weaknesses -

This sets the stage to put together as much as possible to protect Rosen from getting very badly pummeled.

Rosen is an asset. Draft Tua - and keep Rosen as a backup - of trade Rosen for a 2 or better (2 2nd rounders - or a 2nd and a third or 4th).

Rosen will likely show enough to get him some buyers. If not keep him as insurance.

Please see Jim Plunkett, Doug Williams, Steve Young, Joe Flacco, John Elway...all Super Bowl winning QBs where it took a bit for the picture to come together more...

Rosen might need some time - although the Ravens defense will likely put Fitzpatrick out of business by half time...

In today’s NFL their is far TOO little patience with QB development.

Rosen is best kept out of the live action for as long as possible and here’s why:

We mostly think we know what we have in a poor offensive line - but we do not know how bad or good they will perform. Better to see what are the our strengths and weaknesses -

This sets the stage to put together as much as possible to protect Rosen from getting very badly pummeled.

Rosen is an asset. Draft Tua - and keep Rosen as a backup - of trade Rosen for a 2 or better (2 2nd rounders - or a 2nd and a third or 4th).

Rosen will likely show enough to get him some buyers. If not keep him as insurance.

Please see Jim Plunkett, Doug Williams, Steve Young, Joe Flacco, John Elway...all Super Bowl winning QBs where it took a bit for the picture to come together more...

Rosen might need some time - although the Ravens defense will likely put Fitzpatrick out of business by half time...

I disagree. From '08 thru '17, 12 QBs have been picked in the top 5. Only two of those were selected as All Pro. Apparently 10 teams had a lot of patience. Now, I'll agree most of those QBs were starters their 1st year, but teams who drafted QBs like Bortles and Ponder had quite a bit of patience. And a number of low round picks stick around on PS for a few years or as backups. Patience. The Rosen/Murray adventure is rare.

The bears can't have enough impatience for trub

We had to much patience with Tanny...

I don't think that is what OP is suggested. If i'm understanding him right, he wants to hold Rosen out til 1) we have solid protection 2) he has a better understanding of reading defenses pre snap. Even if this means seeing very little of Rosen this year and having him compete with [insert 2020 1st round QB here]. That makes a lot of sense, even if it's just showcasing him in 2020 preseason ala Garoppolo or early in the season next year as "competition". This would be our best bet for redeeming the 2nd round pick (and possibly more), providing there is development in Rosen and our OL between now and then. In a disaster scenario where we bomb on a QB next year, Rosen would benefit from the extra time and have the best shot to succeed in Miami.

I am totally on board with this. The only way this bombs is if Fitzmagic comes out and wins us 5-6 games this year. That would ruin any scenario this season, in all fairness.

I don't think that is what OP is suggested. If i'm understanding him right, he wants to hold Rosen out til 1) we have solid protection 2) he has a better understanding of reading defenses pre snap. Even if this means seeing very little of Rosen this year and having him compete with [insert 2020 1st round QB here]. That makes a lot of sense, even if it's just showcasing him in 2020 preseason ala Garoppolo or early in the season next year as "competition". This would be our best bet for redeeming the 2nd round pick (and possibly more), providing there is development in Rosen and our OL between now and then. In a disaster scenario where we bomb on a QB next year, Rosen would benefit from the extra time and have the best shot to succeed in Miami.

I am totally on board with this. The only way this bombs is if Fitzmagic comes out and wins us 5-6 games this year. That would ruin any scenario this season, in all fairness.
he just wanted to take a shot at RT while it's still 'cool'.

he just wanted to take a shot at RT while it's still 'cool'.

Haa.. I mean, yeah, we ALL know at this point that Ryan was given too much time. He is gone. By all indications, the new regime is treating quarterbacks the complete opposite.

Time to let it gooooooo :dead:

Trub has regressed tremendously from last season. That INT he threw into triple coverage, there was a WR wide open. He has issues reading defenses, blitzes, scanning the field to see the open man and not sure he is better than Rosen.

A stable organization should be drafting QB every year or two, and sit them as backups to learn for a year or two. Then plug them while you draft another QB to sit. And you do that until you find your franchise guy.

And then you do what the Pats have done. Continue to draft and sit them so you have a viable backup if your starter goes down. When the time is right, you trade your backup for more
Draft capital.

The bears can't have enough impatience for trub
I have been wondering just how much the Bears would send us for Rosen. They are literally just short of a QB from a possible SuperBowl.

Zero patience for NFL QBs

Yo Ryan, how long were you in Miami?

In my opinion I think it’s foolish to get rid of Rosen after this year unless he completely blows which in that case he won’t have much value. You have to hedge your bet here. Can you imagine if we draft a top QB next yr and he busts we trade Rosen and he’s a solid nfl starter elsewhere?

Trub has regressed tremendously from last season. That INT he threw into triple coverage, there was a WR wide open. He has issues reading defenses, blitzes, scanning the field to see the open man and not sure he is better than Rosen.

I'm not sure he's better than Tannehill (I was going to avoid this comparison, but seeing as though RT has already been brought up ad nauseam). Trubisky should have had 4 picks. The one in the first half was right in the bread basket of the DB, it could have been taken to the house. PFF counted it as an INT. He is really going to handicap that team, which is a shame considering their insane defense and skill players. I like Cohen, Montgomery, and Allen Robinson looked good despite taking on too big of a role.

I hope really hope Nagy doesn't tie his self to Trub & realizes he needs to make a change at QB before it's too late. That guy is not the answer. He's painful to watch.

The NFL stands for "Not For Long" And it applies to EVERY position. If a player isn't performing at a high enough level they get benched and replaced.

Others have mentioned how the Patriots are quick to cut their loses on a player and move on rather than keeping them around for years only to barely contribute.

Look at the noteable QBs who were cut just this year. Some were just drafted this year and looked at as "development" QBs like Tyree Jackson, Logan Woodside, and other previous high draft pick QBs like Paxton Lynch and Geno Smith and Kyle lauletta.

That's just the QB position. There are tons of examples of high draft pick guys who get cut after only a season or two because you either get it/have it or you don't in the NFL. Teams don't have the luxury to be patient with players who are constantly under performing. That's just how the NFL works today.

So Rosen needs to step up his game and prove to the staff he has what it takes because this staff isn't going to be patient just like the rest of the league, hence why Rosen was traded to us to begin with.

Players have a small window of opportunity in the NFL to make a good impression which is why Rosen needs to be out on the field to show he belongs. Otherwise he will be out of the league like EJ Manuel and many others.

Back
Top Bottom