Zim’s Grades For The Game: Bye Week Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Bye Week Edition

I am not grading or re-grading just explaining our frustrations. As to why we are 6-7.

QB - What I am pissed about is Brissett did nothing as a back-up. 1-4 (Winning the Texans game). (Bills, Raiders, Colts, Buccaneers) What was his purpose? Not 1 win in this stretch after the broken ribs on Tua in 2 series of Week 2. Tua comes back versus the Jaguars in London puts us ahead 20-17 in the 4th Quarter and the Defense can't stop 2 FG's and lose 23-20. Falcons game Tua throws 4 TD's and still lose 30-28. He put us in position to win in the 4th Quarter 28-27 and defense could not stop Ryan and Pitts from getting into FG range to win the game. Bills game, Tua got hurt breaking his middle finger in a losing cause but, something was changed defensively and we held the score to 10-3 going into 4th (but it was not as aggressive as we are now in these last 5 weeks) we loss 26-11. Since entering the Ravens game in the 3rd Quarter, Tua till now he has played amazingly great stellar elite QB play in my eyes. He looks healthy now and he is playing with extreme confidence. Jacoby Brissett did nothing for this team 1-4 is unacceptable as a BU. He is gone next year thanks for nothing. As for FA BU's I would go get Marcus Mariota steal him away the Raiders. Or go get Colt McCoy (he has won games) or Nick Foles (wins games and a SB winner). We need a VET who can win some games if need be next season. 5-3 for Tua as our starter and Brissett is 1-4. There is the 6-7. If JB could of beaten the Raiders and Colts (we'd be 8-5 right now) but, we are given what we could not get done. Now going back to Tua put us both times in position to win and both times the defense failed to hold the lead (Jags and Falcons). That's the frustration I feel and most of us feel.

RB - All of our backs are not hitting holes and their vision has been lacking for some reason but, the OL is not making anything happen to gain yardage. So to me, this unit needs to turn to Phillip Lindsay as the starter and see what he can do. If we still get the same results, then now you know its the OL and we just need better backs period. Frustrating.

WR - This unit is a MASH squad. The only WR who has played all 13 games is a rookie go figure. Jaylen Waddle is STUD and will be for many years to come. Just think if we had all these WR's on this unit healthy who the fvck is going to stop us? That's what's frustrating.

TE - PAY THE MAN!!!! We need Gesicki and I will give him a 4 year 48MM extension. He deserves it. He is a TOP 5 TE/WR. The unit has been up and down this year. But, there are some solid pieces which you can build on. Frustrating.

OL - This unit was a mess from day one of TC. They should of kept Flowers and should of gotten 2 bookend Tackles in FA. Because are interior OL men are average to okay but the tackles are not very good or even average. JD needs to be a rotational BU not a starter. Rookie LT is not a good option we need VET bookends and with rookies behind them as rotational BU's. They have some of them player better now and they need cohesion for continuity. Can these next 4 games make or break this OL? Major frustrating as why we are 6-7.

DEFENSE (DL, LB, CB, FS, SS)
What makes me understand more about this entire defensive unit is there are ton of rookies on this side and maybe they were not getting it at first. The defense was simplified and it just did not work. Josh Boyer and Brian Flores were trying a different style and the vets were frustrated. In Week 8 versus the Bills something changed and you saw the old 2020 defense in spurts and it did well but, it was not as aggressive. On the trip home the defensive players asked for a players only meeting and they wanted to revert back to 2020 defense the rookies had to buy in. They all voted for it to return. They ask Boyer and Flores to change it. So in Week 9 till now they have kept it which is all they needed, as you can all see the defense is now 13th in PASS DEFENSE they were last and 13th in RUN DEFENSE they last or near there. They are 11th Overall. What a fvcking change right? They have talented players and are now excelling. Yeah, frustrating. Why? They did feel teams would figure them out but, risk versus reward in our 0 blitz packages fvck it keep doing what you're doing.

ST's - Sanders has missed 6 FG's. Why? To me it seems its Palardy. He was gold with Haack. But, he is still a damn good kicker.
Punt Returns are scary and to put JW or JH back there is sorta ridiculous. I understand there good at it but, why risk it. Use someone else. Frustrating.

Coaching / FO - To me they are a huge part of our 6-7 record. By not doing the necessary things to start the season fast. By not getting a better BU QB. FOr not doing the things needed for a better OL. Coaching in beginning was not good. Now it getting better. Maybe they are starting to gel too. Frustrating.
Front Office entertaining a mediocre QB who is a alleged sexual predator. When your Franshise QB is already here. Frustrating.

That's why were 6-7. But, they take care of business and become the first team to ever accomplish this feat which is in front of them. It will be history in the making.

Thanks Zim for your grades just had to vent my frustrations.

PASQUALE
Great post. Win just one of those three versus Las Vegas, Jacksonville or Atlanta and we're looking at an entirely different season.

Win two and Miami is 8-5, one game behind New England and ahead of Buffalo. That's how close things are in the NFL.

I don't know what the rest of the season holds, but Miami clearly has some good, young talent.

I know a lot of us have been saying this for several years, but get the run game going and it's exciting to dream on what this team can do.

Its basically Waddle, Tua, Gesicki on Offense.
Defense is balling... where where they after 8 games? Holland, Phillips get special mentions as they are rookies but that whole unit is now supporting each other.

As you clearly point out, except for Waddle and Gesicki, Tua is pretty much surrounded by a lot of bottom dwelling talent on offense. Yet he continues to improve and deals with the overall lack of talent on the OL and in the RB unit.

For much of the year he has had Waddle and WR’s who started the year as 5th or below on the depth chart. Any other QB having the success and showing the vast improvement he has over the 17 games he has played would be getting rave reviews around the league and from the FO of the team he plays for.

Unfortunately with Tua there continues to be questions if he is the long term answer at QB by the doubters. The question of whether they will trade for Watson or another veteran QB after this season still isn’t resolved in the view of some individuals.

As for me, I hope Tua is the starting QB for the Dolphins for years to come and I have zero interest in wanting the Dolphins to trade for any QB after this season is over unless they are trading for a veteran QB to come in and backup Tua.

I am not grading or re-grading just explaining our frustrations. As to why we are 6-7.

QB - What I am pissed about is Brissett did nothing as a back-up. 1-4 (Winning the Texans game). (Bills, Raiders, Colts, Buccaneers) What was his purpose? Not 1 win in this stretch after the broken ribs on Tua in 2 series of Week 2. Tua comes back versus the Jaguars in London puts us ahead 20-17 in the 4th Quarter and the Defense can't stop 2 FG's and lose 23-20. Falcons game Tua throws 4 TD's and still lose 30-28. He put us in position to win in the 4th Quarter 28-27 and defense could not stop Ryan and Pitts from getting into FG range to win the game. Bills game, Tua got hurt breaking his middle finger in a losing cause but, something was changed defensively and we held the score to 10-3 going into 4th (but it was not as aggressive as we are now in these last 5 weeks) we loss 26-11. Since entering the Ravens game in the 3rd Quarter, Tua till now he has played amazingly great stellar elite QB play in my eyes. He looks healthy now and he is playing with extreme confidence. Jacoby Brissett did nothing for this team 1-4 is unacceptable as a BU. He is gone next year thanks for nothing. As for FA BU's I would go get Marcus Mariota steal him away the Raiders. Or go get Colt McCoy (he has won games) or Nick Foles (wins games and a SB winner). We need a VET who can win some games if need be next season. 5-3 for Tua as our starter and Brissett is 1-4. There is the 6-7. If JB could of beaten the Raiders and Colts (we'd be 8-5 right now) but, we are given what we could not get done. Now going back to Tua put us both times in position to win and both times the defense failed to hold the lead (Jags and Falcons). That's the frustration I feel and most of us feel.

RB - All of our backs are not hitting holes and their vision has been lacking for some reason but, the OL is not making anything happen to gain yardage. So to me, this unit needs to turn to Phillip Lindsay as the starter and see what he can do. If we still get the same results, then now you know its the OL and we just need better backs period. Frustrating.

WR - This unit is a MASH squad. The only WR who has played all 13 games is a rookie go figure. Jaylen Waddle is STUD and will be for many years to come. Just think if we had all these WR's on this unit healthy who the fvck is going to stop us? That's what's frustrating.

TE - PAY THE MAN!!!! We need Gesicki and I will give him a 4 year 48MM extension. He deserves it. He is a TOP 5 TE/WR. The unit has been up and down this year. But, there are some solid pieces which you can build on. Frustrating.

OL - This unit was a mess from day one of TC. They should of kept Flowers and should of gotten 2 bookend Tackles in FA. Because are interior OL men are average to okay but the tackles are not very good or even average. JD needs to be a rotational BU not a starter. Rookie LT is not a good option we need VET bookends and with rookies behind them as rotational BU's. They have some of them player better now and they need cohesion for continuity. Can these next 4 games make or break this OL? Major frustrating as why we are 6-7.

DEFENSE (DL, LB, CB, FS, SS)
What makes me understand more about this entire defensive unit is there are ton of rookies on this side and maybe they were not getting it at first. The defense was simplified and it just did not work. Josh Boyer and Brian Flores were trying a different style and the vets were frustrated. In Week 8 versus the Bills something changed and you saw the old 2020 defense in spurts and it did well but, it was not as aggressive. On the trip home the defensive players asked for a players only meeting and they wanted to revert back to 2020 defense the rookies had to buy in. They all voted for it to return. They ask Boyer and Flores to change it. So in Week 9 till now they have kept it which is all they needed, as you can all see the defense is now 13th in PASS DEFENSE they were last and 13th in RUN DEFENSE they last or near there. They are 11th Overall. What a fvcking change right? They have talented players and are now excelling. Yeah, frustrating. Why? They did feel teams would figure them out but, risk versus reward in our 0 blitz packages fvck it keep doing what you're doing.

ST's - Sanders has missed 6 FG's. Why? To me it seems its Palardy. He was gold with Haack. But, he is still a damn good kicker.
Punt Returns are scary and to put JW or JH back there is sorta ridiculous. I understand there good at it but, why risk it. Use someone else. Frustrating.

Coaching / FO - To me they are a huge part of our 6-7 record. By not doing the necessary things to start the season fast. By not getting a better BU QB. FOr not doing the things needed for a better OL. Coaching in beginning was not good. Now it getting better. Maybe they are starting to gel too. Frustrating.
Front Office entertaining a mediocre QB who is a alleged sexual predator. When your Franshise QB is already here. Frustrating.

That's why were 6-7. But, they take care of business and become the first team to ever accomplish this feat which is in front of them. It will be history in the making.

Thanks Zim for your grades just had to vent my frustrations.

PASQUALE
Brilliant. I can’t say there’s a lot there I disagree with.

Waddle wasn't worth the investment? He's on pace to break the receptions record for a rookie. It's your opinion but what else could he have done to show he was worth the investment?
I’m not blaming waddle for what the FO did. I just think 2 firsts including a top 10 invested in a small wr is bad use of resources. I also think he is being forced fed a bit because there’s isn’t much around him but like you said jmo

RB should be an F. When you pick up a RB in week 12 and he's suddenly the hope of the fanbase you have a real problem. The entire rb room should be pressure washed with bleach after the year to get the dumpster juice out of it. Yes, RB performance when you're dealing with a group of untalented cooler of trash fish like this is tied to a crappy OL. Our mindset needs to be to spend money to fix OL with vets and draft a top-notch in round two. Depending on how he does over the next few weeks keep Lindsay and maybe Gaskin though I loathe how he falls down literally two steps after the ball is in his hand but the rest should be dismissed unless it hurts our $$
I just wanted to repost this to make sure no one missed this brilliance.

Back
Top Bottom