Zim’s Grades For The Game: Game 15 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Game 15 Edition

Raiders' and Pats' OLs are both top 10 in the league
Sure, but they aren’t even running the blitz packages anymore. it’s one thing if you’re bringing them and they aren’t getting home. Tip your cap . They’re not even running them anymore

A major reason for the success defensively this year has been bringing constant pressure from multiple areas and playing tight man on the back end. I’ve seen more rush 3 zone the last 2 weeks than the entire month prior combined

Sure, but they aren’t even running the blitz packages anymore. it’s one thing if you’re bringing them and they aren’t getting home. Tip your cap . They’re not even running them anymore

A major reason for the success defensively this year has been bringing constant pressure from multiple areas and playing tight man on the back end. I’ve seen more rush 3 zone the last 2 weeks than the entire month prior combined
THIS. 100%

Carr had a groin injury. Heat him up for Christ’s Sake. The 1st and 20 where we rushed 3 was just terrible. I don’t blame Jones for that. No one can cover a guy for 8 seconds. I put that TD on coaching

first sack of the game was an OLB blitz from the weak side by AVG and a nickel CB blitz by Needham :shrug:

How did they "NOT" deserve to win this game? There wasn't a no-call OPI on their long TD? There wasn't a phantom DPI call that put them in position to move ahead with a FG?

Or was it that Fitz brought them back and made the real, not helped by the refs, immaculate reception?

Should have played Brieda over Ahmed he was running into his own players. Tuas sacks were as much on him as the OL.
As far as the play calling to much of our failures are being shifted to Gaily, our OLine and recievers. Same excuses we had with RT. When Fitz can push the ball down the field with the same cast then that shows it's an excuse.

first sack of the game was an OLB blitz from the weak side by AVG and a nickel CB blitz by Needham :shrug:
A) AVG rushes 85% of the time. When he rushes, that’s not a blitz. He’s an edge player. Those guys rush in this defense.

B) yes, Needham blitzed there. But that was a one off. The blitz packages that became our bread and butter early in the year didn’t have DB’s coming. Just go look at the Rams and Cardinals games

Should have played Brieda over Ahmed he was running into his own players. Tuas sacks were as much on him as the OL.
As far as the play calling to much of our failures are being shifted to Gaily, our OLine and recievers. Same excuses we had with RT. When Fitz can push the ball down the field with the same cast then that shows it's an excuse.
Agree to an extent. I think Gailey fails by trying to run the same offense with Tua as he did with Fitz. Tua is a rookie....He needs to run a hurry up. Keep defenses vanilla.

Let me be clear. The Miami Dolphins did NOT deserve to win this game. That is a fact and it is indisputable. The saying is “Good teams find a way to win”. Well....We found a way. Absolutely amazing win. On to the grades:

QB’s - C + : I really should be splitting this grade. Tua gets a D. He just doesn’t seem comfortable in a traditional huddle offense yet. I don’t understand why the play calling is so conservative with Tua. He should be in a hurry up 90% of the time. He is way more comfortable in a fast paced offense. Fitz gets the A. What a comeback. The completion to Hollins while having his facemask violated by Arden Key was a moment in time. OK.....Let’s talk about the QB situation. I know this isn’t going to be a popular opinion.....But Tua isn’t a starter in this league right now. 91 Yards in 3 + quarters in a game that we have to have doesn’t cut it. That’s just reality.

RB’s - B : Gaskin is a really good back. He ran hard, caught the ball and had 2 TD’s. The OL didn’t help him too much on a lot of those runs. The TD catch was great. He deserves the B. Ahmed was decent as well tonight.

WR’s - C : For 3 + quarters we could get separation to save our lives. I’m pretty sure our receivers could have been covered by Stephen Hawking in the first half. Just terrible. The 4th Quarter with Fitz was a different story. We really miss Parker. The question is.... Is it Tua or do we have a legitimate lack of talent ? I’m gonna say an equal amount of both.

TE’s - C : Again, where were they for 3 quarters? Shaheen with a horrible attempt at a block at the 3 cost us. Then the 4th Quarter hits and Fitz finds Gesicki all over the place. Not bad.... But not really good with our season on the line.

OL - D - : AWFUL GAME. Do Jackson and Flowers know each other? I mean, have they met yet? Obviously they hate each other, because they’re not talking out there. They missed hand offs on stunts at least 5 times. The run blocking was mostly ****. I’m not impressed. Even on Fitz’s throw to Hollins at the end, Key was in the backfield in a split second. This unit did not have a good game.

DL - B - : No pressure tonight by this unit. They made some good stops and held on 3rd down all game. They did OK stopping the run. The 4th down stop by Sieler was awesome. I’ll give the B - because they did enough to win.

LB’s - B - : Van Ginkel with 2 sacks and a pass defensed. Nice job there. Van Noy was average tonight in general. Baker with a sack. Not bad over all.

DB’s - C + : Well....Jones definitely didn’t earn his check tonight. I thought Rowe was abused by Waller all night so that sucked. X got this unit the grade here. And by the way..... The PI call on Jones was pure BULLSHIT.

ST’s - B - : The punt coverage was not good tonight. Haack was decent. Sanders with a few FG’s including the clutch Game Winner. Not bad, but we have to cover better on punts.

Coaching and Front Office - D - : Are you kidding me with this coaching performance tonight? I thought it was awful. We won, so they don’t get the F, but they should have if Fitz doesn’t pull off the miracle. For some reason Gailey insists on squeezing Tua into a square hole. PUT HIM IN THE NO HUDDLE!!! How hard is that to see? He doesn’t play well when we huddle up and the defense can bring crazy blitzes and coverages. I’m just not impressed with Gailey right now. On defense, we got conservative again. Especially on the 1st and 20. Why rush only 3? We keep doing that. Our defense was dominating when we we’re bringing pressure on every other play. We need to go back to that. As for the miracle ending...... Flores should send Gruden a fruit basket after this game. Not because Gruden is obviously eating way too many cheeseburgers, but because he didn’t put the ball in the end zone at the end. How stupid was that? You always make a team go the entire field if you can. STUPID. Thank You John Gruden for being a complete moron.
Man, great grades, I agree with everything you said. Lack of a pass rush and the OL were the biggest problems tonight.

You mean saying Adam Gase was limiting Tannehill? And that DVP couldn’t stay healthy and Rishard Matthews wasn’t an NFL WR? Sure you want to die on that hill in 2020?

The PI was definitely bullshit. No Doubt. Like I said, good teams find a way to win. If Gruden puts that ball, in the end zone like he should have, we lose this game. You have to admit we got lucky.
I said this in another thread, but running the clock down was the right call 95% of the time. Sure, the kneel was too passive for my tastes, but there is no guarantee they score there. Heck, they could have fumbled it or thrown an INT. With :19 left in the game what were the chances of a blown coverage and a facemask on the same play? I’m gonna go with even lower than a team blitzing 8 guys and leaving the fastest player on your team in 1v1 coverage.

The first sentence is very debatable. On the road against the REFS and STARTERS falling off left and right the PHINS displayed what it meant to be a TEAM. Any lesser TEAM would have lost.

The won the game. What does deserve to win or not win means? This is the NFL and team prepare to play and the outcome is the score board.

I said this in another thread, but running the clock down was the right call 95% of the time. Sure, the kneel was too passive for my tastes, but there is no guarantee they score there. Heck, they could have fumbled it or thrown an INT. With :19 left in the game what were the chances of a blown coverage and a facemask on the same play? I’m gonna go with even lower than a team blitzing 8 guys and leaving the fastest player on your team in 1v1 coverage.
Wait. That's eerily close to what happened in the raiders/jets game. Man, that's really close. It's pretty ironic. What are the chances? Hmm.

You mean saying Adam Gase was limiting Tannehill? And that DVP couldn’t stay healthy and Rishard Matthews wasn’t an NFL WR? Sure you want to die on that hill in 2020?
Gase is failing at the Jets and RT had multiple head coaches not just Gase meaning that RT was not capable of carrying the Dolphins offense.
I like RT for many reasons personally but the excuses for our failures were generally on the other players not RT.
With Tua it's the same time. Yes it's his rookie season but he is not moving the ball at times and it's been up to our defense, special teams and even our running game last week to carry the team more than Tua.

While we have to have more weapons for Tua to succeed you have to ask how would those same players would help Fitz.

Wait. That's eerily close to what happened in the raiders/jets game. Man, that's really close. It's pretty ironic. What are the chances? Hmm.
Apparently we set out to get vengeance for Greg Williams. A late Christmas gift for handing us two freebie wins.

Back
Top Bottom