Zim’s Grades For The Game: Preseason Week 2 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Preseason Week 2

It's too bad a first rounder was used on Noah. Not only does it look like it won't return value, it hurts us by having to use roster space and developmental time on a player that may not improve as much as another developmental player.

How did Jaelan Phillips look? Was curious about first impressions from people here?

Several generous grades -- especially OL IMO. I'd go C- and hope for significant improvement to justify a B (i.e., very good) rating. Austin Jackon is becoming an enigma -- and definitely the single biggest negative surprise on the OL (seemingly regressing from Y1 to Y2). I think the kid looks a tad "doughy" and probably added too much weight (not entirely lean muscle mass) in an attempt to anchor... Problem is his balance and foot speed / recovery have been negatively impacted and he looks notably less athletic. He's better keeping the weight down and playing as an nimble athlete rather than a bulked up plodder.

Several generous grades -- especially OL IMO. I'd go C- and hope for significant improvement to justify a B (i.e., very good) rating. Austin Jackon is becoming an enigma -- and definitely the single biggest negative surprise on the OL (seemingly regressing from Y1 to Y2). I think the kid looks a tad "doughy" and probably added too much weight (not entirely lean muscle mass) in an attempt to anchor... Problem is his balance and foot speed / recovery have been negatively impacted and he looks notably less athletic. He's better keeping the weight down and playing as an nimble athlete rather than a bulked up plodder.
Exactly. Kid needs to lose some weight and refine his body. He gets beat to much by the bull rush and inside moves. When his kick out is working, he mirrors to the outside quite nicely. He tends to be a bit too grabby as well. He tugs on the jersey way too much, that is going to get called. Kid is a work in progress.

Nice writeup. Love the details.

Haven't watched the game yet, but would love your thoughts on Coleman at LT. With Jackson struggling, have to wonder if Miami might have something in Coleman?

Hopefully, Jackson will improve.
Haven't watched yet? You should be ashamed of yourself......

nice-south.gif

It's too bad a first rounder was used on Noah. Not only does it look like it won't return value, it hurts us by having to use roster space and developmental time on a player that may not improve as much as another developmental player.

How did Jaelan Phillips look? Was curious about first impressions from people here?
It seemed they were being careful with Phillips, and also trying to teach him to be a LB.

One could project they know he can rush the passer, but they want him to be the chess piece they drafted him for, it will remain to be seen if he becomes a medical liability.

I thought Austin Jackson played a pretty good game overall. I'm not sure he gave up more than one pressure on the qb. He won a vast majority of his run blocking battles, If he played 30+ snaps and got beat 2 or 3 times that's a win.

Back
Top Bottom