Zim’s Grades Week 11 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades Week 11 Edition

He’s under used for a reason. He gets bullied at the line and in contact in his routes.
He also gets coverage he shouldn't face if there were better options on the team. TE is the least of our worries, we need a stud RB and WR. One of those at least can be found in the 2nd round this year.

Y'all speak about the kid like he is slumming around and not producing.
No one likes his overall game.. however he has Top shelf abilities.
Hence being on pace for 650 yards and 5tds despite 4.6 targets a game..
15 a pop.
After Kelce and Kittle his numbers match anyone else
Waller gets 4 more targets a game for 9 more yards.

OL - F : This unit is regressing. Period. Flowers has played horribly the past 2 weeks. Hunt was not good. There were almost no holes to run through. The pass blocking is terrible. I’m actually concerned about this unit....Very concerned.
it's the same thing that has been plaguing our OL for the last 20 years. somebody ****s up royally on every snap. we can win on 4 of 5 assignments but never 5 of 5. whether it's an O'le or a missed assignment or just physically getting beat. every snap someone gets beat so bad it blows up the play.

The major issue with the offense is the offensive line. This group instead of improving as the season goes along is instead regressing. They provide very little time for the QB in the pocket and even though the Dolphins don’t have a true #1 RB, the OL is very inconsistent in the running game.

Early in the season I had high hopes for this unit developing cohesion as the season progressed and becoming a strength because they appeared to be much better than the lines the past few season. Instead they now appear to be a major weakness and I really haven’t seen any of the offensive linemen
improve since the beginning of the season.

Until they improve the offensive line so that it is at least an average OL., I just don’t see this offense improving as a whole. With WR’s which are not capable of getting much separation In the passing game, the OL needs to give the QB more time in the pocket. Against the Broncos and the Jets, the OL has been awful in pass protection.

I thought Hunt had a good game. Davis is not a good guard. He is better at tackle. Flowers has struggled recently. Jackson has been what he has all year. Gives up pressures but not terrible. Honestly, I think a big problem is not having a deep threats. Teams are blitzing more and more because wide outs don't scare anyone. That is putting more pressure on online. Now the online with running the ball just sucks and that is on them. But pass blocking , I think we need to start looking at how many blitzes are coming because our wide outs can get open. teams have no fear of sending the house.

I thought Hunt had a good game. Davis is not a good guard. He is better at tackle. Flowers has struggled recently. Jackson has been what he has all year. Gives up pressures but not terrible. Honestly, I think a big problem is not having a deep threats. Teams are blitzing more and more because wide outs don't scare anyone. That is putting more pressure on online. Now the online with running the ball just sucks and that is on them. But pass blocking , I think we need to start looking at how many blitzes are coming because our wide outs can get open. teams have no fear of sending the house.
It's a bit of a "chicken or egg" situation.

It's hard to beat the blitz over the top if the line doesn't at least slow the rush down, allowing time for the reciever to get deep.

good stuff. I would give a little better grade to the oline for the rushing effort in the 2nd half. We ran the ball fairly effectively...especially in the 4th. I thought a couple of the sacks were on Fitz too.

As for the regression of the oline, remember that we have 3 rooks getting starts (although usually only two of them at a time). The rookie wall hits around now...and there is now more tape out on what is effective against them.

I'm still pleased that we have a unit that I think will be good for the next several years...key for a sustained contender. Very interested to see what develops at C in the offseason.

Hunt didn't really win the RT job... not for long anyway. Then both Jackson and Kindley got hurt and Davis was bounced all over the formation while Hunt was placed back in the lineup. There is a reason for our regression... health. If, by the start of the playoffs, Kindley and Jackson are back to 100% and Hunt is back on the bench, I think we'll be better off.

It's a bit of a "chicken or egg" situation.

It's hard to beat the blitz over the top if the line doesn't at least slow the rush down, allowing time for the reciever to get deep.
That’s true. Both units could help each other out for sure

Back
Top Bottom