Zim’s Thoughts On The Game: Preseason Game 2 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Thoughts On The Game: Preseason Game 2

He does but him saying in a vacuum Grier sucks because of Iggy is just a ridiculous take.
He was having a bit of fun:
  • Easy E has made the team. For Sure. Give the kid the locker and the jersey. He’s good to go. Nice draft pick Mr. Grier. Well Done.
  • Noah Iggy needs to be traded. Not tomorrow, Not after breakfast. Now! Awful draft pick Mr. Grier. You Suck.
That's us fans, if he makes a good pick he's great, he makes a bad pick he sucks.

• Easy E has made the team. For Sure. Give the kid the locker and the jersey. He’s good to go. Nice draft pick Mr. Grier. Well Done.
  • Noah Iggy needs to be traded. Not tomorrow, Not after breakfast. Now! Awful draft pick Mr. Grier. You Suck.
That's us fans, if he makes a good pick he's great, he makes a bad pick he sucks.

I think its the fact that we had that pick there and he treated it like a luxury/experiment by picking iggy.

Knowing we could have had Taylor just makes it sour knowing our RB’s were what they were. Its deeper than just hating on a single pick… that pick could have helped this franchise tremendously. Hindsight 20/20 but still hurts and is upsetting knowing what iggy turned out to be.

Last edited:
Good takes.

On the line, I think it's important to be patient. New system, new players, and game action isn't the same as a controlled practice. Technique and assignments take time to get used to.

If it's bad by week 5-6 of the regular season and hasn't been improving I'll be worried.
Having Armstead in there should at least solidify things a bit.. but we are getting a frightening glimpse of what it could be like when he inevitibly misses games

Has Greg little played? Cant recall, but curious on him as the backup swing T. Diesch is probably still too raw, but who knows

Boom!! Finally, someone gets it.

You can disagree all you want. Bring something to the table to say why or prove it or your opinion doesn’t mean anything
He’s neither very good nor very bad. He’s average.

He’s pretty great with finding talent in the lower rounds and also pretty good at DL and *generally* CB/S I would say is his biggest strength.

With that said, we have not picked a single OL player outside of the 1st round that has looked good (prior to Hunt) in the 15+ drafts he’s been apart of. I find that alarmingly.

He’s not excellent or horrible by any stretch… he is mediocre at drafting… no surprise we have been a 7-9/8-8/9-7 team for the better part of two decades.

You can disagree all you want. Bring something to the table to say why or prove it or your opinion doesn’t mean anything
I don't share the opinion that Chris Grier deserves praise for what he's done as a General Manager. If you look at it from the outside, no names and all and you just look at the body of work since 2016 when he became General Manager:
- No first round pick from the 2016, 2017 and 2018 is still on the roster
- traded away a QB for a 4th round pick who has since led the league in passer rating
- had 3 first round picks in 2020, all of them had underwhelming rookie seasons

Even before he became General Manager he was Director of College Scouting for nine years. How many outstanding players did we draft since 2007? The best Dolphins player in this timeframe was a DE, who was a free agent signing. 2nd best is a first-round QB who, as mentioned above, he traded away for basically nothing.

Chris Grier was assistant director of college scouting for the Miami Dolphins from 2003 to 2007.
Got promoted to director of college scouting and held that position until 2015.
Became general manager starting with the 2016 season.

How many difference makers where drafted between 2003 and today? I understand he wasn’t in the driver seat until recently but you would think he’s had a few good recommendations for his bosses in all these years. The best player we’ve had in that timeframe was Cameron Wake, a free agent signing. Xavien Howard, Ryan Tannehill. Who else?

Dolphins playoff wins since Grier is with the team in a higher capacity: 0. So yeah, I’m trying to find the good moves but they are few and far between.

The average is that low because there are A LOT of bottom roster guys that are being signed and released for single games. So I’d take this number with a grain of salt.

And that's essentially the problem I have with Chris Grier. He's been in an executive position in this organization since 2007 (Director of College Scouting and GM) and we have drafted so poorly, it's not even funny. The next best player we drafted during that span after Xavien Howard is Ryan Tannehill.

I couldn't care less who makes the final decisions. Grier was the director of college scouting for nine years so he was the one who made recommendations based on the scouts' reports. Our drafts sucked. Then he becomes GM, he is now responsible for all football operations. Our drafts still suck. So do the free agents. The Miami Dolphins have been terribly mediocre since Grier came on board. And that's what he is too: terribly mediocre.

Back
Top Bottom