0% Chance Miami Drafts Carlos Hyde or Jeremy Hill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

0% Chance Miami Drafts Carlos Hyde or Jeremy Hill

futurescout

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know this isn't the draft forum but I just think people need to understand absolutely no way these 2 are drafted by Miami. On the field, yes they are what they need. But off the field they have two arrests dealing with women. Most teams pull guys off their board for stuff like that. 100% chance Miami pulls them off the board.

I think Sims or Sankey are the backs if we take one. Sims would likely be the Lazor pick because he is very good catching out of the backfield. Sankey seems more like what Hickey might like. We as fans want to replace our concussion suffering power back Daniel Thomas, but I also see that as unlikely unless we get some stud guards that excel at run blocking.

If I were to guess, 3 of the top 4 picks would be OL, 1 CB, 1 DT, 1 WR and the other could be anything. This draft is deep at WR, CB, OT and DT. We could really use each of those positions, so that's what I'm expecting us to draft.

If they are looking for a back like those 2 they will bring in Blount. But no chance Miami draft's either Hyde or Hill

I think Sims or Sankey are the backs if we take one. Sims would likely be the Lazor pick because he is very good catching out of the backfield. Sankey seems more like what Hickey might like. We as fans want to replace our concussion suffering power back Daniel Thomas, but I also see that as unlikely unless we get some stud guards that excel at run blocking.

If I were to guess, 3 of the top 4 picks would be OL, 1 CB, 1 DT, 1 WR and the other could be anything. This draft is deep at WR, CB, OT and DT. We could really use each of those positions, so that's what I'm expecting us to draft.

Sims is a stud. IMO he's the best one in the draft. Kind of like a Matt Forte 2.0. He's vastly underrated. I think Miami takes Zack Martin at #19 or Xavier Su'a-Filo in the 2nd. Both project as guards but have 4 position versatility.

We are definitely not bringing in Lagarroute Blount. This is the dude who punched someone on the field and is well known to be a bad character and problem child off the field ... first round talent went undrafted. True, Hickey took a chance on him, but he let him go once ... I doubt he takes a second bite at the apple using Ross' dime.

We are definitely not bringing in Lagarroute Blount. This is the dude who punched someone on the field and is well known to be a bad character and problem child off the field ... first round talent went undrafted. True, Hickey took a chance on him, but he let him go once ... I doubt he takes a second bite at the apple under Ross' watch.

I don't think so either. But out of Blount, Hyde, and Hill, Blount has the best chance to get picked up by Miami. Still a longshot at best though.

Sims is a stud. IMO he's the best one in the draft. Kind of like a Matt Forte 2.0. He's vastly underrated. I think Miami takes Zack Martin at #19 or Xavier Su'a-Filo in the 2nd. Both project as guards but have 4 position versatility.

I think that would be ideal from our perspective ... but I see us going LG in round 1 and BPA in round 2 ... because one of those very talented CB's may drop to us, and it would be hard to take XSF if that happened.

For me, Sims is a space runner, and we haven't shown any ability to create space. Fortunately, that's one thing that Lazor is very good at doing, using screens to the RB, stretching the field vertically and then checking down to the RB, and running draw plays effectively. So, Sims would probably get some chances in space, but we're rebuilding our OL with almost entirely new players and a new OL coach and a new OC. It's going to be a throw first offense, but with some semblance of balance. I'm not sure how many clean run lanes we can expect in year 1 of the Lazor/Benton offense.

Sims seems like another version of Lamar Miller only he catches the ball out of the backfield a little better. Sankey is definitely someone I would look at, although he needs to learn how to pick up the blitz.

Don't like Sankey. Nice role player at the next level. Not a quality starting HB - doesn't break enough tackles. Seastrunk is really interesting. I also like Carey - who you would likely also cross off the list. I don't know if he can add 7 or 8 lbs and maintain his quickness, but for sustainable success - given his position and style - I'd try to get him over 210.

If the Dolphins are smart, they'll take a long look at both players, especially Hyde who is exactly the type of power back they need. Not only that, the guy isn't a liability in pass protection or catching the ball out of the backfield. He does both quite well.

I don't recall Hill's off the field situation, but Hyde only has the one red flag and even that was proven to much ado about nothing. If the Dolphins take him off their draft board for one incident that didn't end up being anything, they're not being smart.

I know this isn't the draft forum but I just think people need to understand absolutely no way these 2 are drafted by Miami. On the field, yes they are what they need. But off the field they have two arrests dealing with women. Most teams pull guys off their board for stuff like that. 100% chance Miami pulls them off the board.

I don't think there's a single team that will take Hyde off the board, much less "most teams". Are you telling me that if Hyde was still available late in the draft most teams wouldn't take him because he's "off their board"? you might put an * or two next to his name and might not want to use a first or second round pick, but to say no way no how will we ever take this guy would be a mistake.

And for the record while I like Hyde I really like Seastruck, I think he's going to be special. My Sleeper back, who many people have a late round grade on, is Rajion Neal. Neal has decent size, feet and speed. If Miami signs Ben Tate, I would love to go with Tate, Miller, Neal and Thomas as my backs. I might also use another late pick on James Wilder and let him battle with Thomas for the fouirth running back spot.

If the Dolphins are smart, they'll take a long look at both players, especially Hyde who is exactly the type of power back they need. Not only that, the guy isn't a liability in pass protection or catching the ball out of the backfield. He does both quite well.

I don't recall Hill's off the field situation, but Hyde only has the one red flag and even that was proven to much ado about nothing. If the Dolphins take him off their draft board for one incident that didn't end up being anything, they're not being smart.

Hill's off the field issues.
Hill missed one game and one quarter in 2013 because of suspensions. He missed the 2011 season after being arrested on sexual assault charges and was arrested in April 2013 after allegedly punching a man outside a bar in Baton Rouge, La. He is on probation until July 12, 2015.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...nds-letter-to-all-32-teams-to-explain-arrests

I like Antonio Andrews late...horrific combine aside gets to top speed quick, some of the best vision in this class and a classic one cut runner.

I disagree with the OP's opinion. I think we take Hyde in round 2.

if jeremy hill is there at #50, i am seriously thinking about it

Back
Top Bottom