05' fin and nfl predictions? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

05' fin and nfl predictions?

Nev_FSU30 said:
surprise - roth,tebucky
dud - holiday
SB - minn vz jackville

I almost said Vikes and Jags, but didn't quite have the stones...maybe if they hadn't wasted their first on Matt Jones :shakeno:

First, stop ripping Matt Jones. He has the talent to be the best player in the entire draft, period. I watched him play at Arkansas every Saturday for the past four college football seasons. 6'7 and a 3.37 arent things that usually go together. And this guy in not a combine bust....he has wonderful hands and a 40 inch vertical. His only problem will be developing his route running skills and getting out of his breaks fast enough. Time will tell, but I think he will be a pro bowl player.

I have posted on another thread, miami wins 7 games.....possibly an optimistic 8 or 9 , but a vast improvement, and I think Ronnie will be the O Player of the year.

As for the superbowl, I picked the Ravens over Eagles last season. Now with Marc Clayton, who may not have the biggest upside...but who will be the most polished, best, rookie reciever entering game #1...and dyson...I like Baltimore again. I am saying Ravens over Eagles again.

Nice thread! I'll be a bit effusive in my responses...

Surprises -
Stockar McDougle becomes a road-grading RT and the line as a whole is adequate, leading to a very successful running game.
The defensive line, with a healthy Bowens and Chester, and the additions of Carter, Roth and Holliday, is dominant once again. Carter and Roth combine for 12-15 sacks.
The Phins finish 8-8 and threaten for a playoff spot until the closing weeks behind an old-school running and defense game plan.

Duds -
Junior Seau's Hall of Fame career ends with a whimper, not a bang.
AJ Feeley confirms that he's a good backup, but not starting material.

Super Bowl -
New England vs. Philadelphia. There's no reason to pick against these two teams until proven otherwise.

Surprise: Ronnie Brown being higher on the Rookie of the Year than "Mr. Me" Braylon Edwards.

Dud: Will Poole. He will go through a sophomore slump. (I think.)

Super Bowl: Eagles over Chiefs.

Surprise: Our Oline wont suck, wont be probowl caliber, but it wont suck. Booker will be much better than last year.

Duds: Chambers still wont reach his potential(he'll be an ok wr), and QB's will put up Fiedler like numbers(cept without all the wins).

Superbowl: Panthers over the Ravens

rickysux said:
ok what is your prediction, who will be the biggest suprise player on the team? and who will be the biggest dud on the team this year? also what is your early prediction for the superbowl?

1.suprise-eddie moore, if he can stay healthy he will be good
2.dud-seth mckinney, he sucked last year, he will suck this year!
3.superbowl-eagles vs. chiefs, if miami does not make it i hope surtain can get a ring!

1.suprise- AJ Feely
2.dud- New York Jets
3.superbowl-fins-eagles

Back
Top Bottom