'07 draft class - the need for a qb | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'07 draft class - the need for a qb

kyle wright has a lot of work to do. sam keller has it all, but he may not even start next year, so that's a weird situation. zabrasnky?

sports24/7 said:
Yeah, you never know. I don't think we'll have a chance at Quinn or Stanton, but Keller might be in our range. Next year could actually turn out to be a very good QB draft if some Juniors come out. If you combine Quinn, Stanton, Keller, and Zabransky who all have the potential to be first rounders with the possibility of guys like Brian Brohm, Chad Henne, and Kyle Wright that could equal one hell of a class.

:lol: Not quite

If Brohm comes back from injury and plays well, I think he's the 2nd best Qb behind Quinn in next years draft if he declares.

Juan Cribbs said:
kyle wright has a lot of work to do. sam keller has it all, but he may not even start next year, so that's a weird situation. zabrasnky?
Wright does have alot to work on, but has everything you want from a QB and has the talent around him to have a big year. Big enough to leave? We'll have to see. Zabransky might be a little bit of a reach and I know alot of people aren't talking about him, but I think he is a very good QB and people will learn who he is as the year goes on.

Yeah Zabransky has been impressive definitely. I think that Miami will be taking a QB on Day 1 this year and that may preclude us from getting one in the 1st round next year.

I personally think that leak would be in postion for us and i think he will have an excellent year next year.he was brilliant in the bowl game and it will be his second year in that offense.i would love to get leak.

dorsaroll156 said:
I personally think that leak would be in postion for us and i think he will have an excellent year next year.he was brilliant in the bowl game and it will be his second year in that offense.i would love to get leak.

and plus if we make the playoffs as most of us has said we wont be in position to take most of those guys so i would like leak.

dorsaroll156 said:

From one Gator fan to another, come on now! :D Leak will not have an excellent year unless he sacs up and stops running scared. In fact if he starts to struggle i wouldn't be surprised to see Tebow get some playing time. I think he could be an average NFL QB, but not the answer that the Fins are looking for.

Ok I am not going to say he is the best by any means, But I think Chris Leak can be a good QB in the NFL. He is one of the best passers I have seen ( When I say that I mean it looks perfect when he throws it ). In his three years at Florida he has had three new offensive coordinators. He could have more velicoty on his throws ( YES ). I am not saying they are alike, But leak will at times be like Matt Lienart when he throws and not always put the velicoty that needs to be on it. Chris Leak has not had any wide receivers ( Yes I said WR's has more than one. The one being Chad Jackson ). Now I will Gurantee that Chris Leak has a great year this year becuase Urban Meyer second year is always better ( He knows what to expect from the SEC ) and WR will be alot better. How can they be better after losing Chad Jackson and Dallas Baker? Well Urban Meyer recruited alot of speed and Talent there ( Percy Harvin #1 in the counrty 6 ft 4.4 , Justin Williams 6ft 2 4.5, Jarred Fayson 6 ft 4.3, and Riley Cooper 6 ft 4 4.3). Sorry if this sounded more like a Gator chant other than a Dolphion one. I really think Chris Leak is a Great QB and his only 2 flaws are that he is short and does not run very well.

Skeet84 said:
Ok I am not going to say he is the best by any means, But I think Chris Leak can be a good QB in the NFL. He is one of the best passers I have seen ( When I say that I mean it looks perfect when he throws it ). In his three years at Florida he has had three new offensive coordinators. He could have more velicoty on his throws ( YES ). I am not saying they are alike, But leak will at times be like Matt Lienart when he throws and not always put the velicoty that needs to be on it. Chris Leak has not had any wide receivers ( Yes I said WR's has more than one. The one being Chad Jackson ). Now I will Gurantee that Chris Leak has a great year this year becuase Urban Meyer second year is always better ( He knows what to expect from the SEC ) and WR will be alot better. How can they be better after losing Chad Jackson and Dallas Baker? Well Urban Meyer recruited alot of speed and Talent there ( Percy Harvin #1 in the counrty 6 ft 4.4 , Justin Williams 6ft 2 4.5, Jarred Fayson 6 ft 4.3, and Riley Cooper 6 ft 4 4.3). Sorry if this sounded more like a Gator chant other than a Dolphion one. I really think Chris Leak is a Great QB and his only 2 flaws are that he is short and does not run very well.

I can't wait to see what you guys think of Tim Tebow then. Leak will definitely have his chance to break out this season. He has plenty of weapons, Caldwell coming back will be his main target. But he will also have 4 new starters on the Oline. I'm really looking forward to Tebow.

kpcane said:
Say no to Quinn. We don't need Trent Dilfer's estranged brother.

don't want to bash him for the comparison, everyone is entitled to their own opinion...I just would like for him to explain it...

SpeedRush99 said:
I can't wait to see what you guys think of Tim Tebow then. Leak will definitely have his chance to break out this season. He has plenty of weapons, Caldwell coming back will be his main target. But he will also have 4 new starters on the Oline. I'm really looking forward to Tebow.
I think Tebow is the perfect Qb for Urban Meyer's system. Next year is definately Leak's year to bring it all together, he's got the opportunity to have a great year, but it's on him. I have no idea who Florida's backup Qb is, but I think Tebow will be redshirted, and it maybe better for him in the long-run. I think it Urban Meyer wins a National Championship at Florida, it will be with Tim Tebow at Qb.

Quinn & Stanton headline the seniors with Troy Smith & Sam Keller having the potential to be 1st rounders. Other senior day one prospects to look at are Jordan Palmer, Tyler Palko, Lester Ricard, & my sleeper from the MAC this year is Akron's Luke Getsy. Juniors to keep an eye on are Brian Brohm, Chad Henne, Kyle Wright, JaMarcus Russell, & JD Booty (doubtful).

If you combine Quinn, Stanton, Keller, and Zabransky who all have the potential to be first rounders

Zabransky? He's horrible. He plays in such a pass friendly offense & he's the reason the team was bad. He has an average arm, his accuracy is absolutely horrendous, & his decision making needs a lot of work. He's not very consistent & his play took a step back this year. I imagine he'll be about the same this year with the loss of HC Hawkins to Colorado. He's a second day pick.

Yeah Zabransky has been impressive definitely.

I expect more from you CK :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom