'07 HOF semifinalists | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'07 HOF semifinalists

HurriPhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The Pro Football hall of Fame has released its semifinalists for 2007. I was wondering your thoughts on who the 3-6 finalists might be. Included on the list are some familiar names, especially for us Dolphin fans.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hall/story.jsp?story_id=2246

Dolphin G Bob Kuchenberg - most recently known for lighting a fire under this years team. Member of undefeated '72 Fins!

Buffalo RB Thurman Thomas - A Dolphin killer in his hay days (damn screen passes in the '92 AFC championship game). I refuse to believe he ever wore Aqua and Orange. :o

Buffalo WR Andre Reed - A thorn in our side as well, but kudos to a great player

Patriot LB Andre Tippet - NE's all time sack leader with 100. Good news for JT's future nomination.

Having seen most of these fellows in action here's my picks:
1. Charles Haley
2. Terrell Davis
3. Derrrick Thomas
4. Art Monk
5. Lester Hayes
6. Paul Tagliabue

It's just amazing how Joe Klecko gets snubbed year after year, he can't even make the semifinal list? What a joke.

My 6 would be(in no order):
1. Thurman Thomas
2. Art Monk
3. Dermontii Dawson
4. Richard Dent
5. Bruce Mathews
6. Bob Kuechenburg

It's hard for me to not pick Derrick Thomas or Randall Mcdaniel though.

I don't think Terrell Davis' 6 seasons will be enough to get in. Certainly not on first ballot at least.

This is a tough one.

1. Paul Tagliabue
2. Art Monk
3. Thurman Thomas
4. Bruce Matthews
5. Richard Dent

Ah the Hall of Fame. Just another year of dissapointment for Michael Irvin. I just don't see him getting in AGAIN this year.

Kooch should make it this year, not a lot of headliners there. Thurman Thomas and Reed need to make it, they deserve it. The Buffalo offense from the 90s was easily one of the best ever and these two are a huge part. Good God Thurman Thomas single handedly denied Marino a chance at a ring more than once.

Put Thurman Thomas in if for no other reason than single-handedly robbing Marino of more opportunities to win a Super bowl. He was a great back.

Stitches said:
I don't think Terrell Davis' 6 seasons will be enough to get in. Certainly not on first ballot at least.

He actually played 7 seasons, but I have to agree with you on Terrell Davis not getting in very soon, or possibly not at all. He was a beast, but only produced HOF #'s in 4 of his 7 seasons. Though, anyone who runs for 1,500 plus yds for 3 straight seasons including a 2,008 yd and 21 TD year is an NFL force to be reckoned with. But after this consideration I would switch out Terrell Davis with Richard Dent for this years finalist.

GoBills24 said:
Andre Reed has more catches than any WR currently IN the Hall of Fame.

I have no doubt that Andre Reed and his buddy Thurman Thomas will be in the HOF, I just don't think they'll make it on thier 1st selection.

HurriPhin said:
I have no doubt that Andre Reed and his buddy Thurman Thomas will be in the HOF, I just don't think they'll make it on thier 1st selection.

Maybe you're right.

But I do think Thurman is a lock this year, however. The crackhead will get in before Reed, unfortunately.

I'll be there when Reed, Thomas, and Bruce get in. :D

GoBills24 said:
Maybe you're right.

But I do think Thurman is a lock this year, however. The crackhead will get in before Reed, unfortunately.

I'll be there when Reed, Thomas, and Bruce get in. :D

I actually think Reed has a far better chance than Micheal Irvin. Irvin might be a more prominate figure in the booth (and a much bigger mouth) but that should have no effect on the HOF ballots.

Dear God, please forgive me for promoting Jillism, and demoting an honorary member of the Canes.

Back
Top Bottom