09' Salary Cap? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

09' Salary Cap?

i believe we are 21.6 mill under and 6th best in the nfl.

i do expect miami to cut HOlliday and save another 4-5 mill in cap most likely.

I think we will be around 20 million under cap. Hopefully we will go after a DB and maybe a WR. And we can also use some of our draft picks for depth and WR and DB

According to Phinzilla we are 20 million under the cap and have 21.2 mill in dead cap that we should free up when the season is over.

That's roughly 41.2 million available for next year.

CAN THAT BE RIGHT? It seems ASTRONOMIMICAL

check this.........

[www.phinzmania.com]

Good stuff fellas, I knew we had a bunch of cap room. Should be an interesting offseason with a lot of money and an extra 2nd rounder. Of course, this season isn't over yet though.

what do you guys think about maybe trading for B. Edwards? Signing Osi (corner from Raiders) or maybe Suggs. Then build more in the draft, I think we could use another couple OL and possibly a new center. Pash rushing LB would be nice too to have opposite of Porter. Maybe also get some DE that can rush the QB or another DT cause Ferggie is getting up there in age.

what do you guys think about maybe trading for B. Edwards? Signing Osi (corner from Raiders) or maybe Suggs. Then build more in the draft, I think we could use another couple OL and possibly a new center. Pash rushing LB would be nice too to have opposite of Porter. Maybe also get some DE that can rush the QB or another DT cause Ferggie is getting up there in age.

The first thing on my wish list is a linebacker. You have Suggs, Dansby, Lewis, Barton, & Scott available.

We obviously have to address corner, but I don't want to give up what it will take to get Asomugha. I'd prefer a guy like Bartell or McFadden.

As far as Edwards goes, I don't know what the Browns would want for him.

The bottum line is that we are only going to get better through free agency and the draft and the dolphins are going to be a team your not gonna wanna play.

According to Phinzilla we are 20 million under the cap and have 21.2 mill in dead cap that we should free up when the season is over.

check this.........

[www.phinzmania.com]

That's a lot of money to lock up a lot of the players that need new contracts, and dole out some extensions as well. Plus, even more money to sign those draft picks! Which hopefully, we'll have lots of them!

Cleveland's asking price would probably be too high

I'd give Asomugha whatever he wants. The guy takes out the opponents #1 guy no matter who he is.

check this.........

[www.phinzmania.com]

Thats my cap sheet, and you bet its right! We have a ton of dead cap coming off the books. I have my prelim 2009 sheet started and we are 30+ million under the cap. Dont forget, as players stay under contract, their salary goes up so it wont be quite 40 million.
We have about 7 million in dead cap because of JT, McCown, Feely, Lehan, Peelle, and Hagan.

Remember, Crowder, Carey, Goodman, Hill, Bell are all free agents along with Crocker and Moses. All those contracts are gone.

Add it all up and its about 30 million. Figure Holliday and Wilford are potential cuts, and we are looking at 35 million under the cap. We can pretty much sign whoever we want, but I think we stay away from the extreme 10+ million a year high priced free agents.

wow thats a lot of money to mess with. i think most of us were in the woom the last time the fins had that much money to mess with

Back
Top Bottom