1 round mock with a fins trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 round mock with a fins trade

Finsfan79

Practice Squad
Reaction score
2 trades in the mock draft:

Raiders give up a third rounder to hop over Green Bay, the jets will be desperate to move back and get their future QB to replace the Cut Chad Pennington (assumes he is cut).

Miami trades upwards with SF giving up a 2nd round next year and a 5th round next year. I can’t really see Saban trading up but with a talen like D’Brickshaw upon the board I can see an exception happening perhaps. He is one of two players I could see Miami trading up for actually (Matt Leinart the other).

Your thoughts all? Just a quick mock off of the top of my head.

1 Houston: Reggie Bush RB USC
2 New Orleans: Matt Leinart QB USC
3 Tennessee: Vince Young QB Texas
4 New York Jets (traded Oakland): Mario Williams DE NCS
5 Green Bay: AJ Hawk LB Ohio State
6 Oakland (traded Jets): Jay Cutler QB Vandy
7 San Francicso (traded Miami): D’Brickshaw Ferguson LT Virgina
8 Buffalo: Haloti Ngata DT Oregon
9 Detriot: Tamba Hali DE Penn State
10 Arizona: Brodrick Bunkley DT FSU
11 St. Louis: Michael Huff CB Texas
12 Cleveland: Manny Lawson OLB NCS
13 Baltimore: Lendale White RB USC
14 Philadelphia Chad Greenway LB Iowa
15 Atlanta: Jimmy Williams CB/S VT
16 Miami (traded S.F.): DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis
17 Minnesota: Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota
18 Dallas: Winston Justice OT USC
19 San Diego: Ko Simpson S SC
20 Kansas City: Gabe Watson DT Michigan
21 New England: Darnell Bing S USC
22 Denver (Washington): Mathias Kiwanuka DE BC
23 Tampa Bay: Jon Scott OT Texas
24 Cincinnati: Vernon Davis TE Maryland
25 NY Giants: Demeco Ryans LB Alabama
26 Chicago: Mercedes Lewis TE UCLA
27 Carolina: Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State
28 Jacksonville: Tye Hill CB Clemson
29 Denver: Chad Jackson WR UF
30 Indianapolis: Ernie Sims LB FSU
31 Seattle: Thomas Howard LB UTEP
32 Pittsburgh: Sinorice Moss WR UM

Trades are unlikely, but I see Tennessee taking Cutler and Young slipping. ALso see Oakland taking Hawk before Mario.

SpeedRush99 said:
Trades are unlikely, but I see Tennessee taking Cutler and Young slipping. ALso see Oakland taking Hawk before Mario.

really? everything out of oakland is how much they are in love with mario as a player and he fits their system the best. Why do you feel they would go for hawk? <~~ curious :)

I agree they are unlikely specially for miami tradining up. I just figured I would do something a little bit different. On another forum the jets fans kept bugging me for a trade back so I gave them one. If miami traded up it is for leinart or D'brickshaw I think.

I think if Cutler has a good combine this week yes he will flip young eventually too :) But then the jets would trade back and pick up young.

dominizzo said:
I also see Miami getting Chad Greenway:wink:

hmmm we are trading up into the top 10 to pick chad greenway? A OLB in the 4-3 system that has stated himself that he couldnt handle playing in the 3-4 OLB spot?

I like D’Brickshaw Ferguson, but I doubt we could get him, it would kill us to trade up that high

Finsfan79 said:
really? everything out of oakland is how much they are in love with mario as a player and he fits their system the best. Why do you feel they would go for hawk? <~~ curious :)

I agree they are unlikely specially for miami tradining up. I just figured I would do something a little bit different. On another forum the jets fans kept bugging me for a trade back so I gave them one. If miami traded up it is for leinart or D'brickshaw I think.

I think if Cutler has a good combine this week yes he will flip young eventually too :) But then the jets would trade back and pick up young.

I see them needing a playmaker LB more than a speed rusher, which they already have in Burgess. Most teams don't have that type of DE on both ends. Either pick would be good, but IMO Hawk would be the better pick.

I would love to have Brick, but as I said earlier a trade up of that magnitude seems unlikely.

I'm not so sure the Jets take Young, I wish they would though, but I see them addressing a QB in FA because they need some leadership and don't really have the cap room for a top caliber rookie Qb, not to mention I'm not sure if he's Mangini's type. I personally don't see the top 3 QBs as interchangeable. Young is the wildcard.

SpeedRush99 said:

I would normally agree with you but over the past month, Steve McNair has been tutoring Young so I think it's possible Tennessee drafts him before Cutler.

SpeedRush99 said:
I see them needing a playmaker LB more than a speed rusher, which they already have in Burgess. Most teams don't have that type of DE on both ends. Either pick would be good, but IMO Hawk would be the better pick.

Why wouldn't they take Mario especially if he could develops into (what some scouts say could be) the next Julius Peppers.

Geforce said:
I would normally agree with you but over the past month, Steve McNair has been tutoring Young so I think it's possible Tennessee drafts him before Cutler.

:confused: Where did you get this info from???? McNair might not even be a Titan next season.

Geforce said:
Why wouldn't they take Mario especially if he could develops into (what some scouts say could be) the next Julius Peppers.

I just think Hawk would be the better pick for them. Just my opinion.

SpeedRush99 said:
:confused: Where did you get this info from???? McNair might not even be a Titan next season.

Vince Young said this in an interview during the College Challenge a few weeks back.

Back
Top Bottom