#1 VS #2--- Post predictions | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#1 VS #2--- Post predictions

Originally posted by LetsGoBuffalo
Sorry to bring those stats up, I didn't think that anyone would actually think I was saying the Buffalo has a better defense than Miami. Miami has a top 10 defense while Buffalo has a bottom 10 defense.
However, saying that, if you want to compare how the Bills #2 offense with the Dolphins defense, then I'm all for it, because in my opinion, the Bills have a better offense than Miami has defense. So far every team Buffalo has played has all said that they'd be the one to shut the Bills down, from Denver, to Chicago, to Oakland. However, after the games they all realized you can't totally shut down this lethal offense, you can only hope to contain it.

Ok I see you lost the whole pass defense argument and want to move on, ok :up:

No one is saying that the Fins will shut down the Bills offense, but they will keep them out of the end zone when it counts and make the Bills kick a few FGs.

Originally posted by Ferretsquig
The dolphins havnt been able to shut down any decent offense they have faced this year. But they have done a good job at containing them w/the exception of KC. They should giv eup 20+ points to Bledso and co. with the onus of Lucas to put up more for the Phins.

Shouldn't be a problem putting up points against the Bills cream puff defense.

Funny how things flip flop. We tried for years to win with just offense no defense and it didn't get us anywhere, and Buffalo had a solid offense and defense and went to SBs, but somehow Bills fans think that not having a defense will work for them.

The Bills are not trying to win without defense. You have to remember it was just last season when the Bills were 3-13, and have just begun rebuilding. However, they are ahead of schedule and have already built a powerhouse offense. Give them one more offseason to get some more talent and experience on the defense and I guarantee the Bills win the AFC East next season and are super bowl contenders.

Folks the reality is our defense has been horrible about half the time and adequate the other half. The second half against the Texans is the best half of football the defense has played. But we can't seem to get any payoffs from the high risk D we are playing. That is going to stop this week and we are going to get three INT's and a fumble recovery, two defensive TD's, one ST TD and four offensive TD's. Put in two field goals and the final score will be 55-3 (you get a lucky field goal).

Originally posted by Typ0
Folks the reality is our defense has been horrible about half the time and adequate the other half. The second half against the Texans is the best half of football the defense has played. But we can't seem to get any payoffs from the high risk D we are playing. That is going to stop this week and we are going to get three INT's and a fumble recovery, two defensive TD's, one ST TD and four offensive TD's. Put in two field goals and the final score will be 55-3 (you get a lucky field goal).

Keep that sense of humor you'll need it Sunday.:lol:

You really think your defense will be overhauled that much in one offseason? Enough for you to win the East AND the Super Bowl? You should pass some of that Vodka down this way, you may have had a little too much......

With an offense as good as the Bills, in the offseason we only need to upgrade to a slightly above average defense to win. We don't need a dominant defense, just one that can hold a opposing offense to around 20 points, cause our offense is good for at least 21 every game.

Tell me this, how confident are you that your offense will stay intact? Centers is getting old. I found this interesting. When is Peerless Price scheduled to become a free agent? Thats right, this offseason. Do you think they will give him the big money with Eric Moulds already making a pretty penny? Think about it......

whoops, just noticed somebody else allready posted theese stats (LOL)

*note to self... read the entire thread before replying to a rediculous statement*

Barbarian, you have the QB ratings switched, but its all good. I'm sure he has gotten the point by now......

With an offense as good as the Bills, in the offseason we only need to upgrade to a slightly above average defense to win. We don't need a dominant defense, just one that can hold a opposing offense to around 20 points, cause our offense is good for at least 21 every game.

Yeah? hmmm really? Go on, go on, tell us more :eat:

Dude we lived that senario for years, and please don't use the Rams as an example, because for some reason people think they had a bad defense the year they won the SB, when their defense was actually very good.

When it comes to playoff time and IF the Bills squeak into the wildcard round you'll find out that you better bring your defense.

:billsbite

Originally posted by Hellion
Dude we lived that senario for years, and please don't use the Rams as an example, because for some reason people think they had a bad defense the year they won the SB, when their defense was actually very good.

Not only were they very good, they were the #4 Ranked defense in points against... then the year they dropped below the top 10 they got eliminated from the playoffs in the second round... No matter how good your Offense is you can't win without a good D.

St Louis 2001
St Louis 2000
Vikings 1999
Vikings 1998

and the list goes on... teams with undeniably great Offenses that didn't get it done defensively... and 0 rings.

It's like the old saying goes... defense wins championships.

And further proof, here are the last 10 years SB winners and their ranking in Points allowed.

2001 Patriots 5th
2000 Ravens 1st
1999 Rams 4th
1998 Broncos 8th
1997 Broncos 5th
1996 Packers 1st
1995 Cowboys 3rd
1994 Niners 5th
1993 Cowboys 2nd
1992 Cowboys 5th

None are below the top 8 in the league. And right now Buffalo is DEAD LAST in the NFL in points against per game. I would say they're chances for a ring this year are pretty slim.

Originally posted by BMarion31
Adphinistrator brought up a good point I didn't think about. Denver really left us hurting. They wanted that win....bad. I say hold Chambers out this week as a precaution. We will need him against better teams down the stretch. Luckily we are at home......

i dont think we are as banged up as you might think. chambers obviously, but lucas coming in is not a bad thing AT all. we will game plan for lucas bigtime. our oline is solid. and JT will still be relentless. JT has been on fire for two weeks now while injured. i dont think denver left him with a low tank at all. If we had lost that game then the hurts would hurt even more, but rivcky will get 150 yards against this defense no problem. they cant stack the line cus lucas will be on the run! i think ward and mcnight will shine. they will be ready to roll.

Originally posted by Hellion

Shouldn't be a problem putting up points against the Bills cream puff defense.

Funny how things flip flop. We tried for years to win with just offense no defense and it didn't get us anywhere, and Buffalo had a solid offense and defense and went to SBs, but somehow Bills fans think that not having a defense will work for them.

the reason why the bills will have a chance this year is cus they still have cincinatti and detroit on there schedule. next year will be more like the patriots. having to play tougher games week in and week out.

Sorry for not being a Fin fan, but who is "the prince"?

No problem. The Prince is Adewale Ogunleye, third year defensive end. He actually doesn't like to be called the prince but I can't help myself. His family is some sort of royalty in the Ondo Province in Nigeria.

:billsbite:

Back
Top Bottom