1 Win In 2007 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 Win In 2007

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
C'mon guys, lets not fire the coaching staff and cut the entire defense quite yet. I'm very dissapointed the fins lost today. They kept fighting and until they came mentally unglued in the 4th quarter I always felt they had a chance. After last year it was a treat for me to just be in a meaningful game in week 12. Last year we were 0-11 right about now, think about it. Our secondary was lousy today, but we went man up all game. Don't think that was the best plan. Also, too much Wildcat, folks were talking here like we were just going to wildcat the Pats to death for a 2nd time. How could posters be so naive? We needed more conventional running plays and more passing. NE really couldn't stop our passing game either.

Keep it in perspective, there will be personnel improvements and young player improvement next year. The team is on the right track. The Jets pretty much had the same problems wit NE's spread, only difference is they saw it for 2 to 2 1/2 quarters where we saw it for the whole freakin game. The Pats staff must have seen something on us because they chose to grind there way to victory vs Denver and Buffalo and were content to try that vs the Jets and Indy as well. With us they went right to spread.

The team may miss the playoffs this year, so what I didn't expect to be talking about them right now.

C'mon guys, lets not fire the coaching staff and cut the entire defense quite yet. I'm very dissapointed the fins lost today. They kept fighting and until they came mentally unglued in the 4th quarter I always felt they had a chance. After last year it was a treat for me to just be in a meaningful game in week 12. Last year we were 0-11 right about now, think about it. Our secondary was lousy today, but we went man up all game. Don't think that was the best plan. Also, too much Wildcat, folks were talking here like we were just going to wildcat the Pats to death for a 2nd time. How could posters be so naive? We needed more conventional running plays and more passing. NE really couldn't stop our passing game either.

Keep it in perspective, there will be personnel improvements and young player improvement next year. The team is on the right track. The Jets pretty much had the same problems wit NE's spread, only difference is they saw it for 2 to 2 1/2 quarters where we saw it for the whole freakin game. The Pats staff must have seen something on us because they chose to grind there way to victory vs Denver and Buffalo and were content to try that vs the Jets and Indy as well. With us they went right to spread.

The team may miss the playoffs this year, so what I didn't expect to be talking about them right now.
And surprisingly the 4th quarter has been a strength this season. I think when you really look at this game you'll see that a YOUNG and INEXPERIENCED team stayed with the experienced 3 time Super Bowl champs, hung in until the 4th quarter when the lack of experience in big games showed. Remember, they are still learning to win in different situations. I am sure the next huge game they play in they'll be steeled down and playing well.

Miami hung in there all game long. They offense played well, but the defense just could not get the pats off the field all game. Next season will be a different story with the pats

Back
Top Bottom