10/10/02 Brief Camp Report | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10/10/02 Brief Camp Report

Disgustipate

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Never done this before, so I guess I'll give it an attempt.

Chris Chambers looked good. He caught several passes, including a nice one handed one 15-20 yards deep.

Donald Lee also looked very good. He had 4-5 good yardage.

Travis Minor and Robert Edwards both impressed. Minor lined up as a wideout a few times and looked good. Robert Edwards speed impressed me, I think he is completely back from his knee injury.

Ricky scared me. Twice after a play in 7 on 7 passing, he started limping as he got up. No trainers looked at him, and no one really seemed to pay any mind to it. He didnt get stretched or anything afterwards. He was running fine full speed at the end.

Jason Taylor was giving Wade Smith fits again. Dixon seemingly didnt practice again, which is bad. He flat out bullrushed Smith on one play.

Seau really impressed me with his ability to get into the backfield. They did WR-less drills for a few minutes, and he did a good job. Once he got Ricky in the backfield, and another time he would have probabaly hit him pretty good but he got away. Ricky had one or two decent runs.

Jay was back in practice. I dont remember him throwing any incomplete plays. He did however throw an interception, but it was more of a good play by the Defensive backs. Buckley got a hand in there and slapped it up in the air, and Fletcher picked it off.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Never done this before, so I guess I'll give it an attempt.

Chris Chambers looked good. He caught several passes, including a nice one handed one 15-20 yards deep.

Donald Lee also looked very good. He had 4-5 good yardage.

Travis Minor and Robert Edwards both impressed. Minor lined up as a wideout a few times and looked good. Robert Edwards speed impressed me, I think he is completely back from his knee injury.

Ricky scared me. Twice after a play in 7 on 7 passing, he started limping as he got up. No trainers looked at him, and no one really seemed to pay any mind to it. He didnt get stretched or anything afterwards. He was running fine full speed at the end.

Jason Taylor was giving Wade Smith fits again. Dixon seemingly didnt practice again, which is bad. He flat out bullrushed Smith on one play.

Seau really impressed me with his ability to get into the backfield. They did WR-less drills for a few minutes, and he did a good job. Once he got Ricky in the backfield, and another time he would have probabaly hit him pretty good but he got away. Ricky had one or two decent runs.

Jay was back in practice. I dont remember him throwing any incomplete plays. He did however throw an interception, but it was more of a good play by the Defensive backs. Buckley got a hand in there and slapped it up in the air, and Fletcher picked it off.

Good report, thx!

Oliver...

Good stuff Disgustipate :up:

And the drill w/ no WR's you mentioned was the Middle Drill. All running plays. And man, I'm with you on that Seau can get in the backfield in a hurry. That one play he got the RW would have been a 5+ yard loss.

Jay threw an INT?!?!?! He needs to get his *** canned and put Baby Bob in there immediately!

;)

Good analysis. Very nice to see Jay out there playing well.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Jay threw an INT?!?!?! He needs to get his *** canned and put Baby Bob in there immediately!

;)

Good analysis. Very nice to see Jay out there playing well.

Yeah, but the good news is Fletcher got a pick. ;)

Oliver...

Nice to see Fletcher catchin the ball in tip drills. He could be poised to pick off a few this year.

Fletcher in college was known as being a monster in the open field.

I'd like to see him take 1-2 to the house... poor guy has been picked on more times than a Jets fan in at fat camp. It would be nice to have his confidence back, because for a CB, confidence is king.

It's 10-10-02? Crap, and I thought I quit rockin the herb. Trippy man. The camp review was good though!

One thing is and we don't know, how's Seau cover skills, he seems to retain his blitzing skills, but what about his cover skills, will team expoit that. I'm not comfortable in that area, I haven't seen or read anything that has put that ? to bed yet.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
One thing is and we don't know, how's Seau cover skills, he seems to retain his blitzing skills, but what about his cover skills, will team expoit that. I'm not comfortable in that area, I haven't seen or read anything that has put that ? to bed yet.

The truth is that Seau was never a great cover guy, or so says Jason Cole. At his age, I doubt putting him one on one with a fast running back is a smart move.

very true..he's very suspect in coverage...as witnessed in against the Bucs first team offense....Pittman isnt even that great...hell, antowain smith has better #'s then him...Seau will be put to the test with running backs such as Henry, Martin,..and whoever the Pats use(screen happy team).

Back
Top Bottom