100 medals! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

100 medals!

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Congrats to the USA athletes who have done a great job at the Olympics. We have won 100 medals and lead in the gold medal count as well. We did disapoint in basketball, but some athletes such as Michael Phelps were excellent and once again, the USA will win the most medals.

:horsey:
iceblizzard69 said:
Congrats to the USA athletes who have done a great job at the Olympics. We have won 100 medals and lead in the gold medal count as well. We did disapoint in basketball, but some athletes such as Michael Phelps were excellent and once again, the USA will win the most medals.
:horsey:
Womens b-ball played well

Who wants to take bets that China will best us in the medal count in 2008? After all, they're the host nation, and you can bet they're going to go all out.

Kamikaze said:
Who wants to take bets that China will best us in the medal count in 2008? After all, they're the host nation, and you can bet they're going to go all out.

15+ medals isn't easy to make up. China does well in competitions like gymanastics and weightlifting but they won't catch up to us until they do well in swimming and track and I don't think that's going to happen. China simply isn't good enough at enough things to beat us in the medal count.

iceblizzard69 said:
15+ medals isn't easy to make up. China does well in competitions like gymanastics and weightlifting but they won't catch up to us until they do well in swimming and track and I don't think that's going to happen. China simply isn't good enough at enough things to beat us in the medal count.

The thing is, those two events are precisely what they're getting better at. We sure as hell aren't getting better than the Chinese in badminton or table tennis, that's for sure. As far as I can see, China has nowhere to go but up in the medal count. They'll be the host nation, so they will definitely improve in the pool and on the track, unless they want to look weak in front of their own. At the very least, I think they'll overtake Russia for second in the medal count.

Jwcolour said:
I don't think anyone ever will ever think of beating the ever powerful US of A ever.

It's possible. Russia only won 10 less medals than us. China won 40 less so I don't think they are going to challenge us anytime soon. However, it's stupid to think that other countries aren't capable of winning more medals than us. It's definitely possible although it's unlikely to happen at the next Olympics.

Back
Top Bottom