12/20/16 practice updates | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

12/20/16 practice updates

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 5m5 minutes ago
Washington has claimed LB Zach Vigil off waivers from the Dolphins, per agent Ryan Downey. Dolphins had wanted to re-sign Vigil to p-squad.

That Redskin defense is putrid bad..

Agreed, but isn't knowing the strengths/weaknesses of his O part of gameplanning. Look, I'm not anti-Gase, but a consistently bad 1Q doesn't sound like a top mind. Personally, I don't think he's learned to be aggressive. He still thinks his bread and butter is the run game. He's a rookie. He'll learn. But this week, Miami needs a fast start.

Well, actually Gase is the type that would love to pass way more and also wants fast pace but he's just having to adjust to the players he has. Yes I agree we need to do something different to start out better. Remember that he wanted the fast no huddle but had to can it because it was putting our defense out on the field faster and they were getting tired. We don't know every fact as to why they do certain things. I believe he's going to play it close to the vest early on this coming sunday and see how it goes before he does something different.

Ozzy rules!!

Ailing Mario Williams not thinking retirement: ‘I don't want it to end like this’

On Tuesday, he had an explanation for why he’s underperformed: He hasn’t been right physically all year.

Williams suffered a lower leg/ankle injury at the start of the season, and then made it worse when he rolled it in San Diego.

Williams told the Miami Herald Tuesday that he plans to have surgery in the offseason if the injury doesn’t improve, but he never thought about going on season-ending injured reserve.

“No matter what, right now, I don't want to bail out on that,” Williams said. “I'm not going to do that."

He wants to finish what he started with a Dolphins team that could clinch a playoff berth this weekend if they beat his former team.

And he wants to finish out his contract with the Dolphins, which seems unlikely, given the $8.5 million he’s due in base salary next year.

“I hope I'm still here, but you never know,” Williams said.

But if anything thinks he’s eyeing retirement after a mostly great 10-year career, think again.

“No, No,” Williams said. “I don't want it to end like this.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article122053259.html#storylink=cpy

I completely disagree. 8 in the box makes you more susceptible to the long TD. We need to continue to bend and not break and make a few plays on third down and get turnovers. We can't give up huge plays for TDs. Let McCoy get his yards, like Bilal Powell did. This defense isn't can't afford to get burnt multiple times with 8 guys in the box. Get them to third down as much as possible and try to get after the QB

i agree, biggest key of the game imo is if we can get pressure on taylor with just the front 4 and and drop 7 into coverage. gotta make them sustain long drives and go the length of the field against us, i dont think he can do it without making a couple of costly mistakes. dont want to see to much cover 0 with all the dbs and their backs turned to the QB on third downs.

I agree %100. How many times did we attempt to gain only 1 yard against the jets and lost yards instead. At least 4 times we couldnt punch it in from the 1 yard line.

Ummm, you are not DolphinDevil28. I saw my avatar and was like, "wait, I didn't post in this thread."

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 3m3 minutes ago
Byron Maxwell said his ankle is feeling better. Doesn't yet know about Saturday. Said it's a matter of inflammation and pain management.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 2m2 minutes ago
"Whoever is in front of me is gonna have to get it," Dolphins rookie cornerback Xavien Howard said.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 3m3 minutes ago
"Next man up. I got my name called," Xavien Howard said. "When your name gets called you have to be ready. I competed out there."

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 2m2 minutes ago
"Having played just four games I was anxious to get out there," Xavien Howard said.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 59s60 seconds ago
Xavien Howard said the biggest benefit he's had was the Dolphins beginning him back slowly, "allowed me to gain confidence in my knee."

For all those wondering how Miami has been able to turn it around, check Howard's bold comment, the razor thin consequences of making the right decision rather then making a wrong decision.

I have used this quote a lot, because I believe it with all my heart....

"Winning is contagious, unfortunately so is losing. "
-Vince Lombardi

I believe the same thing about coaches making the right decisions. With every decision you make that ends up being the right one, the more things worked in their favor...

1. Leaving your star RB at home to start the season when he acted up, then allowing him to earn his starting position back.

2. Even when looking like the season might fall apart, not panicking and allowing injured players to play.

3. Benching #1 corner, when he was not performing, then allowing him to prove himself back to being a starter.

4. Getting rid starting linemen that were not getting it done.

5. While Secondary, O-line, and TE positions were struggling, did not allow injured FAs or draft picks back, until proven to be healthy and worthy of playing again.

6. Believing in your starting QB all the way through (Good or bad), then having no problem believing in your backup, and changing very little, even though it has been years since he started a game.

Gase has gotten the players respect from being one of the guys when able, their teacher when needed, and their commander and strategist when in games. His players trust him, respect him and are aware what what is expected of them, knowing that he will do what has to be done for the better of the team.

***Can anyone tell I'm a tad excited the way this team is looking right now.*** :lol:

Back
Top Bottom