12/20/16 practice updates | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

12/20/16 practice updates

So will I be able to stream the game with the Sunday Ticket app? Last week was technically Thursday night football but these are all local stations

yes you should be fine...the game is being shown on channel 705...unless of course the game is locally televised on your local CBS channel

FS is a huge need imo, at least a true middle fielder problem is there isn't one in the draft if look to and say "he's the next stud" May have to stick with Isa for one more year and bolster the lb corps. Which isn't a bad thing. Isa is a fine player. ---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ---------- Gase is very ceribrial and understands the game of football at a high level that I'm inclined to agree with this 100%. Walsh to me is the best football mind ever, at least on the offensive side of the ball, Gase isn't that cerbrial yet but man can he get close.
First, I'm a Gase fan and think he'll be a very good HC. But, I'm probably a minority of one on his gameplanning. Yes, I understand trying various plays the 1st couple of series to see how the D reacts. My problem is, over 14 games, I would expect quite a few of those initial drives to be successful, i.e., points. With all the preparation for games, I would expect Miami would correctly anticipate the D and have plays in the book that would take advantage of scheme/talent. That success has been rare. Seems strange Gase is a smart guy with a talented O but is a bottom-dweller in points/1Q. I don't think there are 30 OCs smarter than he is, . . . and a number of those OCs have less talent than Miami. For those here who know more about gameplanning than I do, what is the problem with the O in 1Q?

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 17m17 minutes ago
Ryan Tannehill just entered the locker room. Still with a massive cast on his injured left leg.

As always, thanks for all the updates. You guys make the days between games much more tolerable.

As always, thanks for all the updates. You guys make the days between games much more tolerable.

Does this seem like a looong week already or is just me?? I'm not sure if its because we played on Saturday or if I just want this Bills game to get here and over so I can see the results and where we stand.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 3m3 minutes ago
Miami Dolphins DE Mario Williams says he doesn't want to know all his physical ailments but doesn't want to shut it down for season

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 2m2 minutes ago
Mario Williams has been dealing with a lower leg injury for weeks. Says it's seriously impacted his performance. More to come.

First, I'm a Gase fan and think he'll be a very good HC. But, I'm probably a minority of one on his gameplanning. Yes, I understand trying various plays the 1st couple of series to see how the D reacts. My problem is, over 14 games, I would expect quite a few of those initial drives to be successful, i.e., points. With all the preparation for games, I would expect Miami would correctly anticipate the D and have plays in the book that would take advantage of scheme/talent. That success has been rare. Seems strange Gase is a smart guy with a talented O but is a bottom-dweller in points/1Q. I don't think there are 30 OCs smarter than he is, . . . and a number of those OCs have less talent than Miami. For those here who know more about gameplanning than I do, what is the problem with the O in 1Q?
I think the o-line has affected a lot of what he'd like to do with the offense. Lets face it. The o-line played good for just a few games but other than that it's been pretty bad and it's not just Pouncey not being there. The other 4 starters are playing and we can't gain a yard when we need to. Ajayi is not the problem. He runs hard and breaks tackles but he's having to do that just to get back to the LOS right now.

Ozzy rules!!

So in all in one Saturday...we can get to double digit wins, secure a playoff spot, officially eliminate the Bills, take a major part in Rex's canning, AND knock off the defending champ's playoff hopes? Wow, if that isn't motivation enough for this team to win in Buffalo then I don't know what is!

Does this seem like a looong week already or is just me?? I'm not sure if its because we played on Saturday or if I just want this Bills game to get here and over so I can see the results and where we stand.

Not just you. The wait is killing me.

Sure they have the speed. After all, hoping Taylor only has a few seconds to get his passes off.

As far a FS. Isa is not bad and would even better much better with Jones next to him. We need LBers, not just 1, but 2 minimum.

Howard might, but still don't think he is a burner.. he's looked more quick and fast then we expected. But lippett (and Howard) are most certainly out matched speed wise- with Goodwin at least. But it's not ALL about speed

He won't be missed...like his tackles.

Only issue is we have no one that is better to take his place. You forget how bad our LB's are? Outside of Alonso who is playing with only 1 hand.

yes you should be fine...the game is being shown on channel 705...unless of course the game is locally televised on your local CBS channel

Oh no, here in Indiana I'm sure we will see the colts late game

I think the o-line has affected a lot of what he'd like to do with the offense. Lets face it. The o-line played good for just a few games but other than that it's been pretty bad and it's not just Pouncey not being there. The other 4 starters are playing and we can't gain a yard when we need to. Ajayi is not the problem. He runs hard and breaks tackles but he's having to do that just to get back to the LOS right now.

Ozzy rules!!

I agree %100. How many times did we attempt to gain only 1 yard against the jets and lost yards instead. At least 4 times we couldnt punch it in from the 1 yard line.

I think the o-line has affected a lot of what he'd like to do with the offense. Lets face it. The o-line played good for just a few games but other than that it's been pretty bad and it's not just Pouncey not being there. The other 4 starters are playing and we can't gain a yard when we need to. Ajayi is not the problem. He runs hard and breaks tackles but he's having to do that just to get back to the LOS right now. Ozzy rules!!
Agreed, but isn't knowing the strengths/weaknesses of his O part of gameplanning. Look, I'm not anti-Gase, but a consistently bad 1Q doesn't sound like a top mind. Personally, I don't think he's learned to be aggressive. He still thinks his bread and butter is the run game. He's a rookie. He'll learn. But this week, Miami needs a fast start.

Back
Top Bottom