13 Reasons Dolphins Will Be Better | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

13 Reasons Dolphins Will Be Better

A lot of positive there. But simply put we added talent or potential at key (almost every one) positions without F-ing up our cap future and flexibility.

We are still very thin across the board. A couple of injuries and we could be back to last years talent levels. Next off season will address our depth and ts quality. .

Thanks for posting

I like this part

A competitive schedule: I know this seems backward because the Dolphins have a difficult schedule to get through in 2020 (getting paired with the NFC West will do that to you), but hear me out… The goal for Stephen Ross when he hit the reset button in 2019 was never to win big THIS season — it was to win big in several seasons. Now, winning in 2020 would absolutely be a good thing, but imagine how prepped this team will be for 2021 assuming the core group stays together and the Dolphins are competitive this year. That team, that 2021 squad ideally with a healthy and ready-to-rumble Tua Tagovailoa under center, could be the first Dolphins team in a while fully prepared to make noise into the offseason. Winning in 2020 would be great, but as long as the team continues to grow and improve and shake off all the rookie mistakes that come with youth, a difficult schedule could be just the primer Flores and his players need going into year three.

Glaringly obvious based on the second year of this program and addt’l talent, they are a better team. This may not resort to more wins. And that is ok. At some point Miami has to take its lumps on starting a rookie qb. And that is ok. Miami should be more competitive and will be in a lot of games close.

A lot of positive there. But simply put we added talent or potential at key (almost every one) positions without F-ing up our cap future and flexibility.

We are still very thin across the board. A couple of injuries and we could be back to last years talent levels. Next off season will address our depth and ts quality. .
We were thin across the board last year. If what happens again that happened last year I won’t panic or throw in the towel on this regime. I don’t care about wins and losses this year, I wanna see growth. It’s quite possible that we could have the same amount of wins this year as we had last year but actually look and play better. Last season was about cutting bait, this year is about growth and figuring things out

We were thin across the board last year. If what happens again that happened last year I won’t panic or throw in the towel on this regime. I don’t care about wins and losses this year, I wanna see growth. It’s quite possible that we could have the same amount of wins this year as we had last year but actually look and play better. Last season was about cutting bait, this year is about growth and figuring things out

Exactly my thinking. We definitely added talent and potential but we are still far from a proven playoff team. We are going in the right direction for sure.

team is going be better in 2020 but that 2020 schedule is no joke either.. I got see dolphins play couple games first...
I believe the Dolphins will be a better team in 2020 than they were in 2019 but that doesn’t mean they will win more games. The 2020 schedule on paper is much tougher than the 2019 schedule.
I have been saying all along that the Dolphins need to develop the young players in 2020 and add more top talent in the 2021 draft and in free agency before they will be ready to contend for a playoff spot.

Five or possibly six wins is my expectation for this season but I expect the Dolphins to be much better in 2021.

I believe the Dolphins will be a better team in 2020 than they were in 2019 but that doesn’t mean they will win more games. The 2020 schedule on paper is much tougher than the 2019 schedule.
I have been saying all along that the Dolphins need to develop the young players in 2020 and add more top talent in the 2021 draft and in free agency before they will be ready to contend for a playoff spot.

Five or possibly six wins is my expectation for this season but I expect the Dolphins to be much better in 2021.
you set yourself up for the kill here. But I have your back. We cannot be short-sighted here. Player development and those picks next year are key to sustained growth. No one is discussing this, but 2021 with its two picks in round one, could help us get two picks in 2022. Why sell out for 10 wins and a first round elim in 2020? Miami needs to play Tua at some point, and take his lumps. 2021 is the jump year. They will play better in 2020, be more competitive, but in a division where all three qb's are better than Tua TODAY, it is hard to talk 11 wins if you are going to be 1-5 or 2-4 in the div.

I expect the team to be significantly better but I don't think the record will show it.

The schedule is brutal and i am having a hard time finding more than 6-7 wins.

Truly an optimistic read. Getting Preston back is like having two #1's.

Offensive line is iffy.

I expect a better team, but as a number have said, a lot of that is "potential." Not just the rooks. Guys like DVP. PW, Gesicki, Needham need to build on last year. Guys like Karras, Flowers, and Ogbah need to prove they are capable NFL starters. And I'm not going to enter the TT discussion. I can easily name 16-18 starters or heavy rotation guys who's '20 play is undetermined. Those, the 1st 4-6 games, and a tougher schedule make any prediction an exercise is assumptions.

That sounds pessimistic, but I don't mean it that way. I expect most of those guys to show they belong and are legitimate NFL starters. I won't be surprised if a few play well enough for Pro Bowl mention. And, remember, the title isn't 'win more,' or 'gain national attention.' It's play "better." I may say it too often, but I'll judge on the last 6-8 games.

I'm hopeful Miami can show some kind of improvement across the board. They brought in a bunch of F/A that know the system, which should lead to an easy transition, once the season starts. The rookies and 2nd year players are the key to how this team performs. If the 2nd year players show improvement over 2019, Miami may surprise and win more than expected.

All the rookies have some sort of question mark, which could hurt the overall performance if they don't come in and play like a seasoned vet. It's a mixed bag of questions too. They key here is, how quickly Flores gets them playing solid, fundamentally sound football. I'm not expecting much more than 5-6 wins, but I wouldn't be surprised if they play much better than expectations. If those final 4 games of 2019 are an indication about what Flores can do. It says he can coach and develop players. Let's hope Coach can will this team to beyond the losers notion.

I always felt it was a 3 year rebuild. And not thinking any differently. 2021 will be the year of The Dolphin!!!

Usually the first two games of the season are a toss up due to offenses not being in synch. This year could be even worse. I expect sloppy play through 4 games. Problem is our defense needs more time, also.

It's looking like another win/win scenario this season. If we win, great. If we lose, great. Either way...It's hip to be bad

Getting Preston back is like having two #1's.

I'm as big of a fan of Williams as anyone, but let's tap the breaks a bit. He averaged 53.5 yards receiving per game and only scored in 2 games. Those aren't close to #1 numbers.

He's got a world of potential if he can come completely back from his injury, but to call him a #1 is extremely premature.

TFK

I think Dolphins will be 2nd place in the AFC East with Bills winning the division which would be a huge improvement over last year

Back
Top Bottom