14 or 15 players to be cut Saturday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

14 or 15 players to be cut Saturday

Eesti

Rookie
Club Member
Reaction score
Not sure if some of these guys are still here but these guys are likely top candidates...

Marshall Koehn
Ryan DiSalvo
Gabe Hughes
Cedric Reed
Al Louis-Jean
Jordan Williams
Zac Dysert
Ruben Carter
Branden Shippen
Rashawn Scott
Akil Blount
James Burgess
AJ Cruz

Others on the bubble....

Daniel Thomas
Dominique Jones
Cleyon Laing
Tyler Gray
DeAndre Coleman
Rashaan Melvin
Jordan Lucas
Lafayette Pitts
Brandon Harris
Thomas Duarte
Jamil Douglas
Kraig Urbik
Vinston Painter
Sam Young
Griff Whalen
Matt Hazel

Not sure if some of these guys are still here but these guys are likely top candidates... Marshall Koehn Ryan DiSalvo Gabe Hughes Cedric Reed Al Louis-Jean Jordan Williams Zac Dysert Ruben Carter Branden Shippen Rashawn Scott Akil Blount James Burgess AJ Cruz Others on the bubble.... Daniel Thomas Dominique Jones Cleyon Laing Tyler Gray DeAndre Coleman Rashaan Melvin Jordan Lucas Lafayette Pitts Brandon Harris Thomas Duarte Jamil Douglas Kraig Urbik Vinston Painter Sam Young Griff Whalen Matt Hazel
Regardless of who's cut, none will be missed. Camp bodies.

i wouldn't cut any of the udfa lbs yet...cause that 2 deep as it stands is horrid

some of those guys need good preseason game 4 looks

Rashawn Scott has been making plays in practice. He won't get cut in the first round. My guess is they'll try to stash him on the PS this year.

Hard to say because sometimes there can be a little bit of game theory involved in who you cut and when.

If it's just about who is at the very bottom, I'd say...

RB Daniel Thomas
TE Gabe Hughes
WR Branden Shippen
WR A.J. Cruz
OL Ruben Carter
OL Vinston Painter
DE Jordan Williams
DE Cedric Reed
CB Al Louis-Jean
FS Shamiel Gary
PK Marshall Koehn

I believe that gets them from 86 to 75 players. But I would look out for a bit of a shocker in that they could cut John Denney in favor of Ryan DiSalvo.

Hard to say because sometimes there can be a little bit of game theory involved in who you cut and when.

RB Daniel Thomas
TE Gabe Hughes
WR Branden Shippen
WR A.J. Cruz
OL Ruben Carter
OL Vinston Painter
DE Jordan Williams
DE Cedric Reed
CB Al Louis-Jean
FS Shamiel Gary
PK Marshall Koehn

I believe that gets them from 86 to 75 players. But I would look out for a bit of a shocker in that they could cut John Denney in favor of Ryan DiSalvo.
Ryan DiSalvo was brought in to compete, in the same way that Matt Darr and Andrew Franks were brought in by Coach Rizzi to compete last year and both beat out the incumbents. The question is whether they have sufficient confidence in DiSalvo to make it as an NFL Long Snapper? This one hasn't attracted any real speculation but Denney is getting older and this could be an easy cost saving. I also noted that Mike Tannenbaum specifically mentioned DiSalvo by name in one of the interviews as a player competing to make the roster. Most Dolphin fans wouldn't have realized who he is. In most other training camps, Denney has not had to compete against a serious rival for the position. Rizzi had no difficulty in recommending/approving the changes a year ago, although saying farewell to such a reliable player like John Denney may be hard.

RB Daniel Thomas
TE Gabe Hughes
WR Branden Shippen
WR A.J. Cruz
OL Ruben Carter
OL Vinston Painter
DE Jordan Williams
DE Cedric Reed
CB Al Louis-Jean
FS Shamiel Gary
PK Marshall Koehn

tumblr_mzdunpdIhl1ru72puo1_400.gif

Bite your tongue! John Denney is a god amongst men.

I'd rather make junc a mod, than cut John. :oldman:

:chuckle:

i was really hoping to see more out of akil blount. maybe he makes some noise thursday night.

I think Shamiel Gary will be a tough cut. He's done pretty well in preseason, but Thomas and Aikens probably have those spots nailed. I'm not a huge Thomas fan, but I can see why you keep him.

Dysert will get cut but not this week. He'll probably get 4th qtr snaps. Agreed on Scott as a potential PS guy. Hard to imagine no John Denney on the roster but he's getting older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably cut even more to pick up another team's cast off

I think Shamiel Gary will be a tough cut. He's done pretty well in preseason, but Thomas and Aikens probably have those spots nailed. I'm not a huge Thomas fan, but I can see why you keep him.

I'd take hendy over thomas myself. I think we witnessed the highlight of his life with that pick off brady in the endzone to seal the game. It bought him a longer stay of execution than most. He hasn't delivered since and has been beaten like a drum in the meantime. Next up.

Back
Top Bottom