15 yard penalties for use of "racial slurs"? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

15 yard penalties for use of "racial slurs"?

I think I is a great idea .
Lets make the NFL just like every other work place .
NO MORE RACIALSLURS .
And while we are at it .
Lets start the guys with degrees at 60 k a year .
The guys without degrees at 40 k .
Why are there no female players ?????
No more sexual discrimination hire some chicks .
And absolutely no more workplace violence .
We cant have people hitting each other at work .
Why are so many NFL players black ?
Are they discriminating against white people ?
I think we need some affirmative action to hire more white football players .
What about the employees getting punished with no chance to defend them selves ?????
From now on when a referee throws a flag say for offsides , stop the game , ask the player if he meant to jump offsides , what is his side of the story ?
Employee theft .
This one really pisses me off .
Our employee passed the ball to a coworker and an employee from a competing company stole it and took it all the way to the end zone .
This should be jail time .
And a score board ????
really ? A score board ?
Why should people have to feel that that their value as a human being can be counted on a score board ?????
I want them all removed .
Why does only one team get a trophy at the end of the year ?
That hurts peoples feelings .
From now on everyone gets the exact same trophy at the end of the year .

Lets make the NFL like the rest of the businesses in this country that have had to contort themselves to be politically correct .
CLOSED !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The NFL isn't going to break down because guys can't throw the N-word around anymore. I'm sure for most of us, when we were kids, we cursed when we were with our friends but limited our vocabulary when we were with our parents. And I'll bet a lot of NFL players did that too. If 13 year olds can do it, I'm pretty sure a bunch of grown men can do it. Some of you are acting as if this changes the game in some serious way. It changes the game no more than any rule change does. The vast majority of NFL players will adjust without a problem, for a few it will take getting called on it in preseason, and after that it will be a rare occurrence. Smart coaches will make require language in practices and language in the locker room reflect the new NFL standard and for those teams it will be that much easier.

So, the NFL makes a decision on how to run its business and a lot of the same people who are celebrating the Arizona law for allowing a business to operate as it pleases are in here blasting the NFL. Interesting.

As long as it's equally applied, I've got no issue with it. If a black player calls another black player the same word,
15 yards. Even on the same team. 15 yards.

Funny thing; There's probably no word that's going to be protected when referenceing white people.

Always makes me laugh how there's no racial slur for white people that has the remotest effect on me.

Typical PC tactic, you have avoided addressing the substance and just yell that's racist. The point is is that you made a big hullabaloo saying that banning racial slurs in the NFl is the same as any other work place. I responded, and as you don't dispute, that almost all of the time racial slurs in the NFL are used by one black player against another and no one has a problem with it, or at least the actual employees, the people you claim need to be protected. Hence it is not about creating a welcome work environment at all, so you are being dishonest about it.

If you want my personal views on racial slurs, everyone has the right to say and believe what they want regardless of whether it offends you. If you don't like it, you are free not to associate with those people. And you are being especially paternalistic and hypocritical when you seek to impose penalties on people for saying things you don't like when it objectively doesn't harm anyone else, such as on an NFL football field, which is the ultimate meritocracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then everyone has the right to call them out for being a sack of **** racist.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as it's equally applied, I've got no issue with it. If a black player calls another black player the same word,
15 yards. Even on the same team. 15 yards.

Funny thing; There's probably no word that's going to be protected when referenceing white people.

Always makes me laugh how there's no racial slur for white people that has the remotest effect on me.

Cracker ?

Cracker ?

They don't even try that one in prison. It makes me laugh.
"Snowflake".....mmmm........Damn..I struggle to come up with any more.

The white boys will refer to you as a "Cracker" if you are white and weak.

The opposite would be "Wood".

Honkey?

Reminds me of Chevy Chase and Richard Pryor

if players are too stupid not to use racial slurs knowing there is a penalty for it, they deserve the penalty

while i agree it's a good idea to clean things up, i think you'd be opening the door for more judgment calls. holding, pass interference etc. can be caught on camera, spoken words not so much. unless they come up with something to make communication accessible, you really won't know what's being said. i don't think miking up everyone is in the best interest of the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom