18-0 Patriots vs. 18-0 Panthers in SB. Who do you root for? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

18-0 Patriots vs. 18-0 Panthers in SB. Who do you root for?

WinterIsComing

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
This might be one of the few situations I would actually root for the Patriots. If our record is guaranteed to be broken, I would rather it be by all time greats as opposed to Cam Newton.

Lets hope they both lose a game soon. As it stands, it looks entirely possible that both could get to the Super Bowl being undefeated, guaranteeing that someone goes 19-0.

There just are not any good teams standing in their way this season. The Pats have to play the Broncos on Sunday, but without Peyton Manning. I do not see anyone on their schedule the rest of the way that I would consider a strong underdog. I do not think the Panthers play a team with more than 5 wins the rest of the way, with the exception of Atlanta, who is not a great team.

Simple choice... You go with Panthers for sake of a Shula name will still be attached to undefeated

This might be one of the few situations I would actually root for the Patriots. If our record is guaranteed to be broken, I would rather it be by all time greats as opposed to Cam Newton.

Lets hope they both lose a game soon. As it stands, it looks entirely possible that both could get to the Super Bowl being undefeated, guaranteeing that someone goes 19-0.

There just are not any good teams standing in their way this season. The Pats have to play the Broncos on Sunday, but without Peyton Manning. I do not see anyone on their schedule the rest of the way that I would consider a strong underdog. I do not think the Panthers play a team with more than 5 wins the rest of the way, with the exception of Atlanta, who is not a great team.

Is your choice of rooting more a reason than the Newton > Tannehill discussion or the 'alltime great' issue? I think it is the former. I would never root for an AFC East rival to accomplish that feat. Especially not the Pats who made a living of cheating.

If it comes to that scenario: Panthers

Panthers... I wouldn't root for the ****in Patriots against ISIS.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's like asking if someone offered you a million dollars would you take it.

Back
Top Bottom