18-20 Record | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

18-20 Record

Honeybadger08

Active Roster
Reaction score
I believe that was UCLA’s record from 2015-17 When Rosen was under center there, with one bowl appearance in 2015. I think everyone need to temper their exuberance over our new quarterback.

It takes more than one player to make a winning club. UCLA is not a college powerhouse.

I am no great Rosen defender, in fact I am skeptical while being hopefully optimistic; however:
You can't just throw out UCLA's record with the implication that they were 18-20 because of Rosen.
Who was the coach at the time, what was his overall record? Are Rosen's years there consistent with Mora's overall record. In fact, might they be better? Is that record over that span consistent with UCLA's record over a long stretch of seasons? Some schools just tend to wallow in the same dung hole(Indiana, Illinois, etc)
What were the defensive rankings during that time? What was the offense scoring per game vs what the defense allowed? If Rosen's O was scoring 30 but the defense allowed on average 34, that explains some things.
Not everything can be viewed through a narrow window. I try to avoid criticizing too much on this site because there is so much of it, but to throw out a 38 game span and blame Rosen for it (which I believe is what the narrative is on this post: UCLA's record while Rosen was there was under .500, hence it's Rosen's fault- without any further clarification or expressed thesis, leaving it up to us to assume what your point is) is lazy and presumptuous, and half assed.

Like i said in another thread, go back and watch his OL play from that time. They were worse than anything you could imagine from us.

Also their defense couldn’t stop a group of 11 of us going out. They made Matt Burke look like a genius.

I hope one day we can have a QB who can overcome line play - call the right plays and get the ball out faster.

I miss the execution of the play we got spoiled under #13 because he expected near perfection

I don’t expect that kind of surgical precision from the QBs today - I just want execution of the play

And Please God no more shotgun 4th and 1

I hope one day we can have a QB who can overcome line play - call the right plays and get the ball out faster.

I miss the execution of the play we got spoiled under #13 because he expected near perfection

I don’t expect that kind of surgical precision from the QBs today - I just want execution of the play

And Please God no more shotgun 4th and 1

He expected near perfection and he only went to one SB. Nobody must've respected him enough then.

Again, throwing out statistics without any context...

UCLA is pretty devoid of talent...7 guys including Rosen went in the first two days (rounds 1, 2, and 3) of the NFL draft over 4 years (I mentioned this year's draft as Rosen played with them the season before). During that same time...Alabama had 12....1st rounders! Now I understand that Alabama is the greatest football machine in modern college football, but you get the point that some teams are more talented than others.

Back
Top Bottom