18 game season looks possible | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

18 game season looks possible

finzfan6484

Member Of A Buffalo Bills Free America
Reaction score
how do you guys feel about this article on fannation
LINK: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl

The NFL adopted the 16-game regular season in 1978, but a combination of factors is likely to lead to a change - and it could be coming quicker than many are anticipating. "The bottom line," said Patriots owner Robert Kraft, "is that I think you'll see us going to 17 or 18 regular-season games in the future." The drumbeat on the issue has been growing louder. In May, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell first floated the idea of extending the regular season. Earlier this month, he mentioned it again to reporters in Cincinnati, this time laying out a reason for his thinking: He believes preseason football is a poor reflection on the NFL product. That's probably music to the ears of fans who don't enjoy seeing second- and third-string players toil in the preseason, while paying regular-season ticket and parking prices to do so. Yet it's not just the poor quality of the preseason that has Goodell and NFL owners discussing an expansion of the regular season. The uncertain labor forecast with players is also driving the discussion. In short, owners feel that too much of their profits go to players. The players don't agree. Expanding the regular season, which would be the fastest way for owners to generate more revenue, is one possibility to help the sides resolve the tug-of-war.

WOOOO! More regular season games would be great! Plus, it would give the dophins more chances to win!

I wonder, if they did that, what they would need to do to balance th strain on the athletes of 2 more games? Maybe expand the roster size? It would certainly mean team depth would be that much more important.

i would hope that with 2 more games they would maybe expand to a 58 man roster that would mean more talent to develop on board

About time. Preseason is way too long and is a borderline scam by the owners just to steal season ticket holders' money. Increasing the schedule would require a roster increase, but hopefully the profits generated by the additional games would keep the owners from crying too loudly.

Back
Top Bottom