1972 dolphins vs 1984 dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1972 dolphins vs 1984 dolphins

The 72 team would eat the clock, the 84 defense would simply could not stop the 72 offense, so Marino would be most of the game in the bench.

ok that site is crap...

1972 Miami Dolphins 16
2004 San Francisco 49ers 13

the greatest team ever could barely beat the worst team last year???

yeah ok...

The 1973 team was better than any team in franchise history. That season, everyone was gunning for us and we had a tougher schedule than in '72. We truly came into our own that season.

MarksBrothers85 said:
The 1973 team was better than any team in franchise history. That season, everyone was gunning for us and we had a tougher schedule than in '72. We truly came into our own that season.
I`ve heard alot of players on the `73 team say that in `73 they were better than the undefeated `72 team. So they lost 2 games, they rolled over the Vikings in SB VIII. I`d take either year over the `84 team.

'73 Better Team

MarksBrothers85 said:

The '73 Dolphins were indeed a better team primarily because the team had matured further and several players came into their own in that year. They mandhandled the Vikings in the SB.

oscar said:
you would give up the most amazing feat in sports by a team so one person could have something he couldn't earn on his own

One player does not EARN a championship on his own. If so, Marino would have had plenty. Marino never had a special enough team around him to win a Super Bowl. But Trent Dilfer earned his Super Bowl ring, didn't he? Please. If there was any justice in the world, guys like Dilfer & Rypien wouldn't have any rings and guys like Danny & Warren Moon would. The fact is that there are plenty of us Dolphins fans out there who are even BIGGER Marino fans. Don't get upset at merlin00069. I feel the same way, I'd give that ring to Marino too.

:allhail: All Hail Marino! The TD King!

Back
Top Bottom