1999 all over again? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1999 all over again?

Originally posted by Miamian
The Bills are not a true test.

Honestly bro, being a handicapped matchup considering the Injurys, they might be a test....but if everyone was healthy they wouldnt even be a PRE-TEST!:lol:

Originally posted by DolFan31
Remember the 1999 season when the Dolphins started 7-1 then lost Marino and went 2-6 the rest of the way? hmm...:cry:

This isn't a Gary Stevens offense. This is a NORV TURNER offense, so relax. You think the Fins are gonna roll over and play dead because of a temporary set back. We haven't even played a game yet and you're ready to a corner and curl up in the fetal position and start sucking your thumb while tuggin' on your ear. Watch, they win this game and go into the bye week with a 6-1 record. Then we will have a healthy Chambers back and Ray Lucas will hold down the fort until Fiedler gets back. :D RELAX!

Originally posted by dolphinron
Or how about 1993 when we started 9-2 and ended up 9-7.
I know Marino was lost for the year that season with a torn ACL. I don't remember what week of the season that was. I think Steve Deberg and Scott Mitchell where the replacements, plus we had Keith Byars as our running back. He only ended up with a little over 600 yards that season.

First off, I'd take Lucas over Scott Mitchell or Steve "Oldie" DeBerg. If Kieth Byars had 600 yards that wasn't too bad cause I know he received for at least 300, and he is only the FB. This is a totally different team, we will win, and we'll be fine.

speaking of the 93 season.. i remember one game when DeBerg was in there.. one of the announcers talking about his lack of scrambling abilty said that Deberg made Marino look like Fran Tarkenton... I was dying... that was funny.. about the best thing that happend that year after dan went down.

Originally posted by Mike32282
Exactly, as LONG as Ricky Williams is NOT injured, you should do fine. :)

Don't be so smug Jackass, at least we have someone who can step up if Ricky goes down by the name of Robert Edwadrs, you have NOBODY to replace Bledsoe if he goes down.

Such hostility 13tool81. Mike was simply pointing out that if your best player stays upright your team will be fine. That being said do you truely believe Edwards can step in and be as good as RW has been. If you really believe that you really have the teal-colored glasses on.

Originally posted by zsonka
you guys are overly optimistic. enjoy a good season but with these losses and changes at QB this is not the same team...

the injury bug strikes again........... a gadsden loss is HUGE!!!!!

Give me a damn break! You sound like someone who has just started learning about football.

How much has Gadsden contributed to this offense?
The key players for Miami are Ricky Williams, Norv Turner, Jay Fiedler and the defense. Everyone else is just gravy. Our offensive line isn't a great one...we can interchange players and won't lose too much.

The WRs are not that important. Sure we need those few intermediate and short routes, but Ward can fill this role easily.

The unknown is at QB and so far everyone is flipping coins on this. Who the hell knows? NOBODY until Lucas's first game.

Miami will be fine as long as Lucas listens and performs well. He doesn't have to out-do Jay.

BTW, Lucas is a good football player!

Quote: Originally posted by Miamian
The Bills are not a true test.

Every team is a test, as JT states you take a week off and that team can cream you..The Bills have a good O..like the old fins, which makes them a threat each time they step on the field,,Actually this is a great test for a revamp O in personnel..The Bills will stick it to us if we're not up for them or ready for their O..I think the D knows how important this game is and knows that it's on their backs until Ray the guys on O get comfortable..after Ray'em get comfortable, then I think we go back to a balance team..but it's on the D and ST right now to step up..and give the O a chance to adjust..Ray hadn't played a full game all year, nor preseason..we won't know what he's like until the 4th qtr...I believe in him, but that's only from a limited role in preseason, now I get to judge a whole game at game speed..

Back
Top Bottom