2 (54). Robert Alford CB Southeast Louisiana
3 (77). Cornelius Washington DE Georgia
3 (82). Josh Boyce WR Texas Christian
4 (108). Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt
5 (139). Duke Williams S Nevada
7 (201). Kiko Alonso OLB Oregon
7 (208). Hugh Thornton OG Illinois

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it. Tim Ryan and pat Kirin have been talking up the Washington kid from Georgia.

u got a shot at the first 4 rounds picks being there i guess...seriously doubt you got a shot in rounds 5 and 7 though

u got a shot at the first 4 rounds picks being there i guess...seriously doubt you got a shot in rounds 5 and 7 though

Yeah, with the 7th Round guys . . . I kind of had a little fun with it. Based on what I'm seeing around the interwebs, those guys could well be there . . . but I doubt it. It's pretty much a joke mocking those rounds. I can see Alonso falling because of off the field stuff, and I like Thornton a good deal, and we share a last name. Duke Williams is often projected in the 6th/7th. With the Safety depth, I can see him falling. I wouldn't mind going after him in the 4th and addressing RB or another position in the 5th. I think the first five rounds are completely realistic.

Washington really popped out at me during the senior bowl. Haven't had a chance to watch the combine yet cause I've been so busy at work and I'm dead tired when I get home but I did see a few highlights of Washington and the kid is very fluid for a guy his size. I've been impressed with him so far, need to find some Georgia games to watch.

When he stands up or they play him at DE in a four man front he's effective. Good first step, shows the speed he timed at. When they play him as a down lineman in the 3-4 front he's completely over matched. He's a work in progress, definitely needs to get stronger at the POA and he doesn't display a lot of pass rush moves but I think he's a guy that can start out as a situational pass rusher and you bring him along slowly. With those measurables and that size he's worth the investment.

When he stands up or they play him at DE in a four man front he's effective. Good first step, shows the speed he timed at. When they play him as a down lineman in the 3-4 front he's completely over matched. He's a work in progress, definitely needs to get stronger at the POA and he doesn't display a lot of pass rush moves but I think he's a guy that can start out as a situational pass rusher and you bring him along slowly. With those measurables and that size he's worth the investment.

Yeah, that's a pretty solid run-down. I think he does a pretty solid job at 3-4 DE considering he plays in the 260s.

1 (12). Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
2 (42). Tank Carradine DE Florida State
2 (54). Robert Alford CB Southeast Louisiana
3 (77). Cornelius Washington DE Georgia
3 (82). Josh Boyce WR Texas Christian
4 (108). Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt
5 (139). Duke Williams S Nevada
7 (201). Kiko Alonso OLB Oregon
7 (208). Hugh Thornton OG Illinois

Love this draft! :thumbup:

I know nothing of J. Boyce.. I'll look him up, but I'd most likely prefer a Swope or Bailey with that pick.

Excellent draft man. Im not quite as high on Boyce...but I can see where some like him. I love the Carradine and Washington picks. Im thinking Xavier Rhodes at 12 and Steadman Bailey at 2b would be the way I would go. But never-the-less a very solid draft.

Here's how Swope and Boyce compare on paper:

Swope:

Height : 6'0
Weight: 205
Arms: 31 3/8"
Hands: 8 1/2"

40: 4.34
Bench: 16 reps
Vertical: 37"
Broad: 125"
3-cone: 6.76
20-yard shuttle: 4.25

Boyce:

Height: 5'11
Weight: 206
Arms: 31 1/4
Hands: 9 1/4

40: 4.38
Bench: 22 reps
Vertical: 34"
Broad: 131"
3-cone: 6.68
20-yard shuttle: 4.10

In 2012, Swope had 72 receptions for 913 yards and 8 TD's; Boyce had 66 receptions for 891 yards and 7 TD's (8 TD's if you include a rushing TD).

I have Swope as more valuable for Miami, because of the situation with Sherman and Tannehill, but I don't think Swope is there at 3a - let alone 3b. I think there's a good chance I can get Boyce at 3b. I also think Boyce has a little more wiggle in his step. I like both a lot.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Excellent draft man. Im not quite as high on Boyce...but I can see where some like him. I love the Carradine and Washington picks. Im thinking Xavier Rhodes at 12 and Steadman Bailey at 2b would be the way I would go. But never-the-less a very solid draft.

My other scenario is with Rhodes and a WR at 2b. I think there's probably a better chance Patterson is there at 12 than Bailey is there at 54.

And thanks. Appreciate it.

I dont think there is any WR worth it at #12, especially on a guy who doesn't understand X and Os. Apparently Patterson is as dumb as a doornob.

They have very similar numbers, but is he as sure handed as Swope? :ponder:

Back
Top Bottom