1st 2013 Miami Mock | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st 2013 Miami Mock

I dont think there is any WR worth it at #12, especially on a guy who doesn't understand X and Os. Apparently Patterson is as dumb as a doornob.

I respectfully disagree with the first statement, and I haven't seen anything in relation to Patterson's intelligence that would worry me. To clarify, I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe he's a slow learner or unable to pick up the nuances of an offense.

I haven't either. And him starting for/picking up the Volunteers offense within one year is pretty good evidence that he does know a thing or 2 about football.

I respectfully disagree with the first statement, and I haven't seen anything in relation to Patterson's intelligence that would worry me. To clarify, I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe he's a slow learner or unable to pick up the nuances of an offense.

Here you go:
Per Rotoworld ( http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8327/cordarrelle-patterson ):
It's lying Season in the NFL, but this isn't the first time we've heard this worry about Patterson. "He’s explosive. He’s dynamic. He runs consistent 4.4s," the scout conceded. "I’m just not sure how smart he is. You’re going to have to keep it simple for him. But the kid is really dynamic." There were similar concerns about Dez Bryant and even A.J. Green coming out of college. Green scored a 10 on the Wonderlic and was drafted fourth overall.

You obviously don't have free agent predictions here, so I'll ask (and also assume) ... are your plans to address another CB and a TE in free agency?

Well, for starters, if the concern is that he'll be dumb enough to be as good as Green or Bryant, I'll take my chances.

Also, these seem to be a bunch of unsubstantiated murmurings. I haven't seen any meat attached to any of these. Am I keeping an ear out? Yes. But I haven't, yet, read or heard any report that would move me off of Patterson - due to a lack of intelligence.

You obviously don't have free agent predictions here, so I'll ask (and also assume) ... are your plans to address another CB and a TE in free agency?

Yeah, I'm taking it as a given that Miami will sign a CB, and I think we'll sign a TE. Could be serviceable, could be more. I've seen a few posters do a good job of addressing the TE in mocks (Slimm and CK come to mind), but I think that's one way to do it. I don't think this team needs a TE dramatically better than Fasano. If we don't massively upgrade the WR position, then we do need a dynamic TE.

What makes his sparkling performance even more noteworthy: Boyce did it despite a broken foot.NFLDraftScout.com has learned that Boyce has a fracture in the fifth metatarsal of his right foot, an injury often characterized as a "Jones fracture." Put simply, Boyce has a broken pinkie toe.

The injury may have taken place at the combine or during preparation for the workout. Boyce suffered soreness following Indianapolis and the injury was discovered during X-rays next.

Not sure how this will effect his draft stock.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...nfl-draft-tcu-wr-josh-boyce-has-a-broken-foot

Back
Top Bottom