"1st and 10" to discuss Dolphins QB situation NEXT! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"1st and 10" to discuss Dolphins QB situation NEXT!

McPhin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sorry it's "First Take" with Michael Smith.......

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt see it, but I dont need to. They will bag on Henne and rewind countless 2nd round swings and misses. Im sure someone will say we need Ponder since he is the "hot"guy right now and the segment will end with no real opinions, just spewing of national opinion

Jon Ritchie ultimately said the Dolphins should trade down to re-coup their 2nd rounder and pick up a variety of QB/RB combos like Ponder/Leshoure, Mallett/Williams etc. He also gave them a "B-" grade for last years draft. Just another opinion, but I tend to agree with his thoughts......

trade a 3rd round pick when/if the lockout ends for carson palmer! and draft ponder as well!

trade a 3rd round pick when/if the lockout ends for carson palmer! and draft ponder as well!

The Bengals say they won't trade him and he says he will retire rather than play for the Bengals. Its a Mexican standoff at this point, and I don't see the Bengals blinking first, certainly not for a third rounder. Palmer will cost you much more than that.

Trade down and recoup our 2nd, then draft Mallet/Ponder depending on availability and then Williams in the 2nd.

Jon Ritchie ultimately said the Dolphins should trade down to re-coup their 2nd rounder and pick up a variety of QB/RB combos like Ponder/Leshoure, Mallett/Williams etc. He also gave them a "B-" grade for last years draft. Just another opinion, but I tend to agree with his thoughts......
Out of those, I would like the combo of Mallett/Williams.

Mallett and Williams would be niiice!

I can see it now:

Bengals promise to trade Palmer to the Dolphins.

Dolphins draft as if this is set in stone.

Bengals pull the trade after the draft, Dolphins are stuck with their thumbs up their rears.

Back
Top Bottom