1st and 2nd round picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st and 2nd round picks

FinsAreLife

F-A-L
Reaction score
I dont know what you guys think but f the kansas city-surtain trade works out and we get a 2nd round pick i think we should go with a running back in the first and a QB in the second so i say ronnie brown then adrian mcpherson it seems to make sense to me tell me what you think.

and another question................do you think this is actually what will happen?

I think we need a QB, you can find a RB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. You dont find potential franchise QB's very often specially being the Dolphins, this might be the last time we could get a good/great QB in the draft.

Enough with the "Brady" talk about how a later round QB could rise to startdom, thats a fluke hasn't happend since and probably wont happen again for a while. If Feeley turns out, then great we'll have 2 potential franchise QB's one for trade bate like the Chargers. Also look at what Denver has done with their RB's each ones a 2nd rounder or later and they've all managed to do over 1k yards each in the past few years. Its about the system not just the back.

Oh, and I'm sure we'll get the trade with Surtian by or on draft day. If we dont, then hey we still have a great CB for at least one more year.

I think we'll get a RB-QB 2-punch combo with whatever our first two picks are.

phinfan13/34 said:
Also look at what Denver has done with their RB's each ones a 2nd rounder or later and they've all managed to do over 1k yards each in the past few years. Its about the system not just the back.
Only if we had a Top 5 Offensive Line.

phinfan13/34 said:
I think we need a QB, you can find a RB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. You dont find potential franchise QB's very often specially being the Dolphins, this might be the last time we could get a good/great QB in the draft.

Enough with the "Brady" talk about how a later round QB could rise to startdom, thats a fluke hasn't happend since and probably wont happen again for a while. If Feeley turns out, then great we'll have 2 potential franchise QB's one for trade bate like the Chargers. Also look at what Denver has done with their RB's each ones a 2nd rounder or later and they've all managed to do over 1k yards each in the past few years. Its about the system not just the back.

Exactly. Looks like most people want instant gratification by drafting Brown or Edwards, but this chance hasnt come in 30 years.. time to cash in and get a franchise QB.

Saban expects his new system and coaching staff to improve next season, therefore he knows that he wont be picking this high again. RBs can be picked up in the later rounds. If we still have a problem at RB next year, then they can use a higher pick next draft.

FinsAreLife said:
I dont know what you guys think but f the kansas city-surtain trade works out and we get a 2nd round pick i think we should go with a running back in the first and a QB in the second so i say ronnie brown then adrian mcpherson it seems to make sense to me tell me what you think.

Mcpherson would not be good value in the 2nd, maybe in the 3rd or 4th (Depending how fast the QBs were to be going off the board at the time).

Jnaledu3 said:
Exactly. Looks like most people want instant gratification by drafting Brown or Edwards, but this chance hasnt come in 30 years.. time to cash in and get a franchise QB.

Saban expects his new system and coaching staff to improve next season, therefore he knows that he wont be picking this high again. RBs can be picked up in the later rounds. If we still have a problem at RB next year, then they can use a higher pick next draft.

Here is the problem with your theory. How do you know that Rodgers or Smith are franchise QB's? Just because they might get drafted high, doesn't make them franchise QB's. Remember Akili Smith? He was drafted high and was a total bust. Saban needs to take the safer route on this one. Guys like MacPherson might be the better bet later in the draft.

I think mcpherson is worth a 2nd pick and would be a great pick but i also have a feeling he wont go in the 2nd

Ryan1973 said:
Here is the problem with your theory. How do you know that Rodgers or Smith are franchise QB's? Just because they might get drafted high, doesn't make them franchise QB's. Remember Akili Smith? He was drafted high and was a total bust. Saban needs to take the safer route on this one. Guys like MacPherson might be the better bet later in the draft.

If the probability of drafting a Franchise QB in the 1st round is 30%, what do you think the probability of drafting one in the 2nd round is (probably 10% or less)? I value Saban as a talent evaluator, and if he thinks Smith is franchise QB material, then that's the route we should go.

Back
Top Bottom