1st and 2nd round picks

FinsAreLife

F-A-L
Joined
Apr 3, 2005
Messages
4,761
Reaction score
0
I dont know what you guys think but f the kansas city-surtain trade works out and we get a 2nd round pick i think we should go with a running back in the first and a QB in the second so i say ronnie brown then adrian mcpherson it seems to make sense to me tell me what you think.
 

FinsAreLife

F-A-L
Joined
Apr 3, 2005
Messages
4,761
Reaction score
0
and another question................do you think this is actually what will happen?
 

phinfan13/34

2nd base going on 3rd
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
618
Reaction score
1
Age
43
Location
Far Far away
I think we need a QB, you can find a RB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. You dont find potential franchise QB's very often specially being the Dolphins, this might be the last time we could get a good/great QB in the draft.

Enough with the "Brady" talk about how a later round QB could rise to startdom, thats a fluke hasn't happend since and probably wont happen again for a while. If Feeley turns out, then great we'll have 2 potential franchise QB's one for trade bate like the Chargers. Also look at what Denver has done with their RB's each ones a 2nd rounder or later and they've all managed to do over 1k yards each in the past few years. Its about the system not just the back.
 

phinfan13/34

2nd base going on 3rd
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
618
Reaction score
1
Age
43
Location
Far Far away
Oh, and I'm sure we'll get the trade with Surtian by or on draft day. If we dont, then hey we still have a great CB for at least one more year.
 

HysterikiLL

Super Duper Club
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
12,688
Reaction score
0
I think we'll get a RB-QB 2-punch combo with whatever our first two picks are.
 

THOMAS_54

VICTORY IS MINE!!!
Hammered
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
2,274
Reaction score
0
Age
28
Location
CANADA
phinfan13/34 said:
Also look at what Denver has done with their RB's each ones a 2nd rounder or later and they've all managed to do over 1k yards each in the past few years. Its about the system not just the back.
Only if we had a Top 5 Offensive Line.
 

Jnaledu3

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Nov 12, 2003
Messages
2,639
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Fort Lauderdale
phinfan13/34 said:
I think we need a QB, you can find a RB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. You dont find potential franchise QB's very often specially being the Dolphins, this might be the last time we could get a good/great QB in the draft.

Enough with the "Brady" talk about how a later round QB could rise to startdom, thats a fluke hasn't happend since and probably wont happen again for a while. If Feeley turns out, then great we'll have 2 potential franchise QB's one for trade bate like the Chargers. Also look at what Denver has done with their RB's each ones a 2nd rounder or later and they've all managed to do over 1k yards each in the past few years. Its about the system not just the back.
Exactly. Looks like most people want instant gratification by drafting Brown or Edwards, but this chance hasnt come in 30 years.. time to cash in and get a franchise QB.

Saban expects his new system and coaching staff to improve next season, therefore he knows that he wont be picking this high again. RBs can be picked up in the later rounds. If we still have a problem at RB next year, then they can use a higher pick next draft.
 

tay0365

Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Joined
May 18, 2004
Messages
13,441
Reaction score
2,891
Location
NJ
FinsAreLife said:
I dont know what you guys think but f the kansas city-surtain trade works out and we get a 2nd round pick i think we should go with a running back in the first and a QB in the second so i say ronnie brown then adrian mcpherson it seems to make sense to me tell me what you think.
Mcpherson would not be good value in the 2nd, maybe in the 3rd or 4th (Depending how fast the QBs were to be going off the board at the time).
 

Ryan1973

Pro Bowler
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
2,964
Reaction score
606
Jnaledu3 said:
Exactly. Looks like most people want instant gratification by drafting Brown or Edwards, but this chance hasnt come in 30 years.. time to cash in and get a franchise QB.

Saban expects his new system and coaching staff to improve next season, therefore he knows that he wont be picking this high again. RBs can be picked up in the later rounds. If we still have a problem at RB next year, then they can use a higher pick next draft.
Here is the problem with your theory. How do you know that Rodgers or Smith are franchise QB's? Just because they might get drafted high, doesn't make them franchise QB's. Remember Akili Smith? He was drafted high and was a total bust. Saban needs to take the safer route on this one. Guys like MacPherson might be the better bet later in the draft.
 

FinsAreLife

F-A-L
Joined
Apr 3, 2005
Messages
4,761
Reaction score
0
I think mcpherson is worth a 2nd pick and would be a great pick but i also have a feeling he wont go in the 2nd
 

Kenny_Stang

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Dec 1, 2003
Messages
1,664
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Fort Worth
Ryan1973 said:
Here is the problem with your theory. How do you know that Rodgers or Smith are franchise QB's? Just because they might get drafted high, doesn't make them franchise QB's. Remember Akili Smith? He was drafted high and was a total bust. Saban needs to take the safer route on this one. Guys like MacPherson might be the better bet later in the draft.
If the probability of drafting a Franchise QB in the 1st round is 30%, what do you think the probability of drafting one in the 2nd round is (probably 10% or less)? I value Saban as a talent evaluator, and if he thinks Smith is franchise QB material, then that's the route we should go.
 
Top Bottom