Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
*Griese looked below average
*Damn penalties are still getting to us
*Our starting WRs have done squat
*Alot of injuries

icant wait to see sage out there in the second half

Griese is below average. 6/8 is below average. Not only is this ridicoulous. It is a god damn pre-season game with us trying out some new stuff. If Griese were to play the pre-season he would look very good by the first game if need be.

sage will turn it around, he was there last season w/norv's system and has kicked a$$ in camp, i look for him to turn this game around

Griese looks goof for the limited time in the O that he has had.
We seem to have a problem holding on to the ball.

I dunno really. I don't even like judging **** in pre-season because it means nothing ;(.

Is it just me or does Seau look slow out there?

I know I know, its preseason... but I was disappointed to say the least in our 1st string D. Obviously they were exposing the mismatches.. but it seemed they were picking apart the zone with ease. I really liked the way Tolver looked on the passes from Sage. Stemke was very impressive as well....

I think we'll win this game but that doesn't mean much except to give us confidence in Sage and Tolver.

Anyway, I'm just curious whether or not you guys have actually seen the game or are listening on the radio. Cuz, I think the radio broadcast isn't giving a clear picture.

Griese definitely looked below average. If you WATCHED the game, you can't deny it. His passes, even the completed ones, were off-target. He was responsible for Randy Mac's fumble. He threw that screen pass so high that R-Mac had to do a full on vertical jump to catch it. By the time Randy came down, turned up-field, the defender was already there. I mean it was a play that even thrown accurately probably would have been a 2-3 yard gainer. But with it thrown so high the defender was there before Mac was ready to run with the ball protected. And on the sacks for the most part either Griese failed to make the correct read on a blitz, or he just sat there and sat there and sat there until he got sacked. He never tucked the ball and ran, which is what Jay would have done if everyone was covered like that (if indeed, everyone was covered which is a question mark honestly). He should have at the very least gotten rid of the damn ball. He took two sacks that put us at like 3rd and 20 or 3rd and 19...no chance to take the drive any further. Then on the good drive we got toward the endzone, Griese on a rollout throws it low and behind an open Chambers in the flat who could have easily caught the ball and run in.

Sorry Griese, you get about a D+ for this game.

Griese is not reacting yet. He took sacks. He didn't get rid of the ball. He had time to throw. He's just not comfortable yet. And he looked tentative on several throws. There were easy throws he should have gunned in there. Instead, he just tossed them. Definitely better hope Jay is healthy the first 7 weeks or so. Hell, all three Tampa QBs looked better than our guys. Especially Chris Simms.

Lack of focus on a lot of plays. Minor with a straight fumble. Randy with a fumble. Few drops.

Seau looked slow. Not impressive.

Sammy Knight layed the wood. Forced a fumble.

Offensive line looked really good IMO.

Not worried about the D because Gruden gameplanned for this game. :rolleyes: And most of their yardage came on QB scrambles, draws, and junk plays. We'll be fine.

O-line looked good?...only when Sage was in...griese might have been doing his best Rob jonhnson impression but he hardly had anytimne to do a Montana....:D

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Griese definitely looked below average. If you WATCHED the game, you can't deny it. His passes, even the completed ones, were off-target. He was responsible for Randy Mac's fumble. He threw that screen pass so high that R-Mac had to do a full on vertical jump to catch it. By the time Randy came down, turned up-field, the defender was already there. I mean it was a play that even thrown accurately probably would have been a 2-3 yard gainer. But with it thrown so high the defender was there before Mac was ready to run with the ball protected. And on the sacks for the most part either Griese failed to make the correct read on a blitz, or he just sat there and sat there and sat there until he got sacked. He never tucked the ball and ran, which is what Jay would have done if everyone was covered like that (if indeed, everyone was covered which is a question mark honestly). He should have at the very least gotten rid of the damn ball. He took two sacks that put us at like 3rd and 20 or 3rd and 19...no chance to take the drive any further. Then on the good drive we got toward the endzone, Griese on a rollout throws it low and behind an open Chambers in the flat who could have easily caught the ball and run in.

Sorry Griese, you get about a D+ for this game.

I know it is preseason and his first "game" in uniform for the Fins, but that description summed up the exact same things Brian Griese did in Denver for the four seasons he started there.

Muck you on something as of late. Simms was scared as hell. Look at his percentages compared to Rosenfels and Greasie.

The OL was fine. Griese had time to throw. He just didn't get rid of the ball. And he can't run. Sorry, but Fiedler wouldn't have taken those sacks. And the offense most likely would have had much better success.

Simms looked scared?? Are you sh*tting me?? He looked great. I don't have to look at percentages. I watched the game. The numbers are deceiving. He threw a nice ball. He was in control. He avoided mistakes for the most part. Not bad for a rookie.

Face it. He's more talented than Sage. And he'll likely be a better player than Sage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom