1st pick could be a curse | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st pick could be a curse

finintheburgh

teammates
Reaction score
there is way to much value being given to this pick and not enough of the neg attention being given to it.

fact is if we draft dorsey he will get more than the 30 million signing bonus that russel got. now there is no way he could be worth that when you take in to account that The Lions made defensive tackle Cory Redding the highest paid dt in the league with a seven-year, $49 million contract with $16 million guaranteed. hes a proven, young monster and he gets 16 million and were going to give UNPROVEN dorsey over 30 million. hell sanders wins defensive MVP and he signs a new contract for five-years, $37.5 million deal with $20 million in guaranteed money. now thats 36 million in guarantes for 2 star players and were going to give that much to dorsey or long?

the only position worth a first over all is qb. and thats only if there is a true franchise qb. if were smart we will try our best to get out of the top 10 and get as many draft picks as we can.

there is way to much value being given to this pick and not enough of the neg attention being given to it.

fact is if we draft dorsey he will get more than the 30 million signing bonus that russel got. now there is no way he could be worth that when you take in to account that The Lions made defensive tackle Cory Redding the highest paid dt in the league with a seven-year, $49 million contract with $16 million guaranteed. hes a proven, young monster and he gets 16 million and were going to give UNPROVEN dorsey over 30 million. hell sanders wins defensive MVP and he signs a new contract for five-years, $37.5 million deal with $20 million in guaranteed money. now thats 36 million in guarantes for 2 star players and were going to give that much to dorsey or long?

the only position worth a first over all is qb. and thats only if there is a true franchise qb. if were smart we will try our best to get out of the top 10 and get as many draft picks as we can.

The fact that there is this much debate about who we need to take, given our lack of talent should tell you we will have a hard time trading down.

I think most people feel trading down would make the most sense, but it is hard to do this when there is no consensus # 1 guy out there. I think the Dallas Cowboys might be the only team we might be able to deal with,,,but you never know??

I think most people feel trading down would make the most sense, but it is hard to do this when there is no consensus # 1 guy out there. I think the Dallas Cowboys might be the only team we might be able to deal with,,,but you never know??

we need to trade down even if we dont get full value for the pick. we could gain by lowering the asking price and use the money else where. example like you said would be dallas. if we traded our pick for there 2 firsts and maybe there second then we could sign someone like briggs to fill another hole. that would come out to 4 total players for what would be about the same as you would give the first pick. that would do alot more for this team tanh one player.

Any player you draft is unproven. Dorsey isn't a sexy pick, but he is a real good pick. He will make an immediate impact who ever picks him!

i think we can Trade with Cincy, Tampa, or Dallas i think those are our Best Shots to get out of the #1 pick

Any player you draft is unproven. Dorsey isn't a sexy pick, but he is a real good pick. He will make an immediate impact who ever picks him!

it isnt about sexy its about real value. how can anybody justify giving him over 30 million in a bonus when one of the best in the game just signed and he only got 16 million in a bonus. im comparing an unknown with one of the best at the same position. hes not worth twice the money rodgers. if you draft him you hope he turns out to be as good as rodgers, so why pay him twice as much as rodgers?

we need to trade down even if we dont get full value for the pick.

Agreed. I'm willing to take less than what the trade value chart recommends because I believe it's in our best interest to do so. I don't want to get robbed, but if a team that wanted our pick got close, I bet you could find someone on their roster who could help you that they'd rather throw in than another draft pick.

I really wouldn't mind pulling what the Vikings did a few years back and letting our time expire so that the Rams pick in our spot....That is of course if we can't work out a trade.

I think that might be a good idea becuase right now Jake Long, Chris Long, Glenn Dorsey, and Darren McFadden are all toss ups to me as far as talent goes. I wouldn't mind getting either of the Long's or even Dorsey, but if we could get them at a later pick for a lot less money i say go for it.

I'm not sure he'll get more than Russell. QBs get a premium. It could be difficult for a dlineman to get that money. Obviously where you're picked matters, but the position you play isnt thrown out the window. He'll still get a boat load of money, no doubt, not sure he'll get Russell money though.

Back
Top Bottom