1st Post Senior Bowl Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st Post Senior Bowl Mock Draft

MARLINSFAN305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Has us drafting Rivers at #20. Also, Losman here is projected to go to the Steelers at #11.

Click here for your enjoyment!

Site has other useful information which is why it was posted in this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have my entire First Round Mock draft and will post it up later this week hopefully. It will be different than most of the ones out their, but that's ok, nobody is ever right on the money.

Has other useful information besides the Draft...thats why i posted it here

I am inclined not to take this mock draft seriously, even though it has us taking my preferred quarterback. It lists as alternate selections a linebacker and a defensive tackle. Was this guy out of the country when they had the press conference taking away Wannstedt's personnel authority? :splat:

I was looking at the UFA's listed on the site from every team and saw that Tai Streets of SF is a UFA. This would be a good pickup by the Fins for a third receiver. He is a tall speedy receiver the type Spielman likes.

What a wacked list. It has our alternate choices as DT and a LB.

It also has Roy WIlliams going after the top ten. Very unlikely.

I do hope we get Rivers though.

I don't know fin-atic, maybe their using the Wannstedt rule of logic having two alternates as defensive players. Who would have ever guessed Eddie Moore last year

Supposedly Losman looked good all week in practice at the Senior Bowl though. He didn't really look bad in the game either he was clearly the second best performer of the Senior Bowl at QB.

Don't forget that the combine is coming up soon. He's going to dazzle people with his arm at the combine, say all the right things in interview, and probably creep up the boards.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him pull a Kyle Boller and get down on his knees at the 50 yard line and chuck the ball through the uprights. He's probably capable of doing it.

If he's smart he'll use the opportunity to work out the WRs like Josh McCown and Akili Smith did. Notoriously the top QBs always skip out on helping out for those drills and one guy who was projected a little lower usually steps up and tosses the ball for the WRs, and usually you see him creep up the draft boards. I remember Akili Smith did it and scouts marveled how he threw like 80 balls and seemed like his arm was just warming up rather than getting tired.

Remember Kyle Boller raised himself from a 2nd round pick to like a top 15 pick last year basically at the combine.

That is crazy to take someone like that not just him, any player because they have a 70 yard bomb. I feel accuracy and good decisions is better than the long bombs long bombs are overrated. Look at Jeff Blake he was impressive on how far he can throw which he can throw far an accurate at times. He only had two good seasons you can't base your skills on just throwing the ball deep. I know Losman is a tremedous talent he can run around fast throw far but he has been known for poor decisions. Rivers performance was'nt great at the senior bowl but he made good decisions he threw the ball out of bounds when no one was open. Losman fumbled the ball knowing someone was coming after him. That is decisions. I'm not saying this because I like Rivers I am saying this because I like smart QB's that get there yards by not making mistakes. Rivers had 213 yard 12 of 19 in only a quarter and a half. I do like Losmans long ball I wish Rivers has that with his good decision making he would be awesome.

I've read on more than one occasion how Losman was a better player all week long, so maybe he feels that way as well.

DT and LB ARE huge needs for this team. Bowens will be gone after this year, Zgonina as well. Name the most important position on our D and I might say DT. They are very important in our scheme by keepin gour LB's clean. We need one badly.

LB we have nothing for depth adn now a guy coming off of injury. Seau is old, Greenwood a FA, Thomas getting very old, Hendricks and Jenkins are nothing more than ST players.

We need DT and LB badly. I have a hard time seeing how that's so shocking to some.

I know he was good at the end of the week at practice but what really matters what he does during the game an he done decent lost a fumble what matters is the decisions you make during the game who care what you do when just throwing the ball around. We all seen who could run the offense better. You got to know the arm strength and the qb smarts in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom