1st round draft pick???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st round draft pick????

If he's available, Michael Huff. If not, Marcus McNeil.

How bout this scenerio: Dolphins lose out on Brees and Culpepper. Breese signs with Saints, Raiders get back in mix and trade for Culpepper, Ramsey goes to the Jets. Now three teams drafting ahead of the Dolphins pass on qbs in the draft. Cutler falls to Dolphins pick. Just a thought????

However I will be surprised if the Dolphins come out of Sunday without Brees or Culpepper.

omar jacobs, or or the kid from texas state i want a qb who can run and throw

dominizzo said:
Chad GReenway

I think Chad Greenway would be a better choice then signing Lavar through free agency younger, cheaper and he has a ton of potential!

With our first pick, I think we definitely need to go defense, preferably CB. Here is what I think of the potential 1st round CBs:

1) Michael Huff - Texas - He's got excellent size and speed for a corner and is an outstanding leader. A true shut down corner. I'd love for Miami to draft him, but I think he'll be gone by the time we pick.

2) Antonio Cromartie - Florida State - A great athlete when healthy, but is coming off an ACL injury and missed all of last year. Some character questions. I think he's too big a gamble to pick at #16. If he's there in the 2nd round, I'd snatch him.

3) Kelly Jennings - Miami (Florida) - Although a little small, he has some serious wheels and can cover fast WRs. He's been called a finesse corner, somewhat similar to Sam Madison, although Madison was never as fast as Jennings. I think he'd be a good pick for Miami at #16.

4) Ashton Youboty - Ohio State - Another big, physical defensive back. Needs more coaching and some say he lost confidence as a junior. Gives up as many plays as he makes. I believe Coach Saban could coach Youboty into being a quality NFL starter. He wouldn't be my first pick, but I wouldn't be unhappy to see him as a Dolphin next season.

Any thoughts?

endorPHINS72 said:
With our first pick, I think we definitely need to go defense, preferably CB. Here is what I think of the potential 1st round CBs:

1) Michael Huff - Texas - He's got excellent size and speed for a corner and is an outstanding leader. A true shut down corner. I'd love for Miami to draft him, but I think he'll be gone by the time we pick.

2) Antonio Cromartie - Florida State - A great athlete when healthy, but is coming off an ACL injury and missed all of last year. Some character questions. I think he's too big a gamble to pick at #16. If he's there in the 2nd round, I'd snatch him.

3) Kelly Jennings - Miami (Florida) - Although a little small, he has some serious wheels and can cover fast WRs. He's been called a finesse corner, somewhat similar to Sam Madison, although Madison was never as fast as Jennings. I think he'd be a good pick for Miami at #16.

4) Ashton Youboty - Ohio State - Another big, physical defensive back. Needs more coaching and some say he lost confidence as a junior. Gives up as many plays as he makes. I believe Coach Saban could coach Youboty into being a quality NFL starter. He wouldn't be my first pick, but I wouldn't be unhappy to see him as a Dolphin next season.

Any thoughts?
very good analysis
except i go to THE ohio state university and i am a huge buckeye fan and i would hate to have ashton on this team

my ex-girlfriends roomate is Ashton's girlfriend and he is the biggest airhead i know
he also wants $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

besides i didnt think he played that well last year for us anyway = like you said he gave up a lot of plays

I gairentee the dolphins draft one of the following

Greenway, Justice, Huff (be lucky to get at 16), Santonio holmes.

One of those 4 is GAIRENTEED A PHIN NEXT YEAR

Back
Top Bottom