1st round draft pick???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st round draft pick????

stoody24 said:
very good analysis
except i go to THE ohio state university and i am a huge buckeye fan and i would hate to have ashton on this team

my ex-girlfriends roomate is Ashton's girlfriend and he is the biggest airhead i know
he also wants $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

besides i didnt think he played that well last year for us anyway = like you said he gave up a lot of plays

Thanks for your feedback!

Thanks for the interesting inside info on Youboty as well. I wasn't that enamored with the reports I've read on him. This just makes him a little less appealing.

endorPHINS72 said:
Thanks for your feedback!

Thanks for the interesting inside info on Youboty as well. I wasn't that enamored with the reports I've read on him. This just makes him a little less appealing.
no problemo
i just think of him as the type of person that would hold out

Huff top ten 4.3 40 does that, anyway the Falcons ,who pick ahead of Dolphins, wouldn't pass on Huff since they have the worst S(x2) in the league!

Add beef OL

I say we draft Huff if he is available, but if he's not, Jimmy Williams is a must. He is exactly like D'Angelo Hall, and we need some F****** corners.

jbdadolphinlova said:
I say we draft Huff if he is available, but if he's not, Jimmy Williams is a must. He is exactly like D'Angelo Hall, and we need some F****** corners.

He doesn't play anything like Hall. He's four inches and 15lbs heavier. He's a CB/S. Doesn't have the lightning speed that Hall does and is far better against the run. I have no idea how in the world they play alike...

DParks said:
omar jacobs, or or the kid from texas state i want a qb who can run and throw
Then you don't want Omar Jacobs. Jacobs is athletic and can move around the pocket a la Big Ben, but is definitely not a scrambler.

afiorentino said:
How bout this scenerio: Dolphins lose out on Brees and Culpepper. Breese signs with Saints, Raiders get back in mix and trade for Culpepper, Ramsey goes to the Jets. Now three teams drafting ahead of the Dolphins pass on qbs in the draft. Cutler falls to Dolphins pick. Just a thought????

However I will be surprised if the Dolphins come out of Sunday without Brees or Culpepper.

If they lose out on Brees and DC then they have more money to bolster the secondary, LB and O-line via FA.
In the scenario you pose, I think one of the top 3 QB's falls to 16. Hopefully Cutler.
Leinart I don't see lasting too long. Vince Young is a question mark to me because you have to have a certain offense for him. He's not a typical drop back, read the defense QB. He tends to trust his feet more than his arm and that scares me.
When all is said and done a QB's PRIMARY responsibility is to pass the ball, not run. This nonsense about "re-defining" the QB position is just that. That is why Vick is a relative bust. (relative to his draft standing). Vick was all hype coming out of college because of his athleticism, but the concerns back then (as they are now) were that he was not polished as a passer. He never should have been a no.1 overall pick. He should have been a 2nd-4th rounder and should have been considered an intriguing prospect.
Having said that, I believe Young is considerably better than Vick and he may be more coachable. However, that tendency to leave the pocket prematurely is what bothers me.
I want a ****y young QB who has confidence in his arm.

thejetssuck said:
See kids, THIS is why you shouldn't smoke crack cocaine.:wink:

Well, if we don't land a QB in FA, then Omar Jacobs would be a great pick in the 2nd round.

As for first rounders, no way Michael Huff is going to be there at 16 after his combine performance. I think our realistic options at 16 would be Winston Justice, Jon Scott, Chad Greenway, Jimmy Williams, Antonio Cromartie, and Ko Simpson.

I would love to pick Huff, but if he's not there by the time we pick then Cromartie, Justice or Greenway could be nice

endorPHINS72 said:
With our first pick, I think we definitely need to go defense, preferably CB. Here is what I think of the potential 1st round CBs:

1) Michael Huff - Texas - He's got excellent size and speed for a corner and is an outstanding leader. A true shut down corner. I'd love for Miami to draft him, but I think he'll be gone by the time we pick.

2) Antonio Cromartie - Florida State - A great athlete when healthy, but is coming off an ACL injury and missed all of last year. Some character questions. I think he's too big a gamble to pick at #16. If he's there in the 2nd round, I'd snatch him.

3) Kelly Jennings - Miami (Florida) - Although a little small, he has some serious wheels and can cover fast WRs. He's been called a finesse corner, somewhat similar to Sam Madison, although Madison was never as fast as Jennings. I think he'd be a good pick for Miami at #16.

4) Ashton Youboty - Ohio State - Another big, physical defensive back. Needs more coaching and some say he lost confidence as a junior. Gives up as many plays as he makes. I believe Coach Saban could coach Youboty into being a quality NFL starter. He wouldn't be my first pick, but I wouldn't be unhappy to see him as a Dolphin next season.

Any thoughts?

I wouldnt mind taking any one of those guys, Jennings and Cromartie seem the most likely choices.

Back
Top Bottom