1st round Mock draft 1/11/12 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st round Mock draft 1/11/12

I can see that Reiff pick happening, as horrible as it sounds.

A Right Tackle in the top 10. You know its coming :lol:

The Miami Dolphins have a top 10 pick and you select a RT? There is no RT that should ever be selected with a top 10 pick IMO. When you have a top 10 selection it needs to be a impact position. You can get a starting RT later in the draft or free agency. Looking at the talent in this years draft it seems that we could take a star CB like Claiborne or Kirkpatrick. Rankings are going to change so much after the combine too. Blackmon could run a poor 40 and drop...you just never know. It's fun to guess but I think its time we grab a star shut down corner if we can to match up with Davis. Other players will rise into the top 10 so its going to be a fun offseason of speculation.

I can't imagine a worse pick for the Fins in Rd 1 than this. Try again.

blackmon isnt getting by st louis
Contrary to popular belief I wouldn't be so sure about that. If Stl gets stuck into the 2nd spot I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them pass on Blackmon. I've from OK and I think Blackmon is the best WR coming out but 2nd is high for Blackmon. He s not going to run a great 40 and he s not that tall. His measurables aren't off the charts like you d typically see from a WR being picked top 3. Don't be surprised if he doesn't get picked 2nd. The combine will likely hurt him. 6'1-6'2 Wrs with 4.5/40 don't get picked that high. Fisher also doesn't strike me as a guy who s going to take a guy like Blackmon that high. A run first coach taking a WR 2nd overall? Doubtful.

The only way that I could tolerate an OL with a top 10 pick is if Peyton Manning fully recovers from his neck injury and we pick him up as a FA.

sorry. if were picking a tackle with the 8 or 9th pic, it would more likely be martin as jake longs injuries of late have to be a concern.

martin can play left tackle so you draft him either ending up a pro bowl rt or have the luxery of a good lt should jake break down.

we need to rebuild this line in the worst way but i am hoping we take care of the majority of it in f/a, starting with guys like carl nicks [should be our top priority in f/a] and/or ben grubbs.

i dont see reiff at all in that spot.

We take an RT at 8-9 it will tell you that nothing has changed and the FO doesn't get today's NFL. You move up to try for a QB or take the BPA at a skill position. If we are stuck and OL is only value, then every effort needs to be made to trade down.

The ONLY way I'm somewhat cool with RT at #9 is if we sign Peyton Manning. Then it makes sense. I'd still rather draft a pass rusher and draft a RT later or sign a free agent.

Back
Top Bottom