1st String Teams in 2nd Pre-Season Game Makes Gradual Improvements... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st String Teams in 2nd Pre-Season Game Makes Gradual Improvements...

Disnardo

Premium Member
Reaction score
except for the Special Teams...

I won't call up players that did well nor those that did not, those that saw the game can make that judgment...

OK, IMHO, both the 1st Defense and 1st Offense made gradual improvements from their 1st game against Chicago. And what made it seem remarkable to me, was that there were only 2 days of practice to go over last Monday's mistakes.

Our No. 1 Offense did a very good job against Jax's the No. 11 Overall Defense. After our initial drive (3 and out), we netted a total of 94 yds, our coaches adjusted and the team responded very well. As the game went along, we had our 1st FD, then 2, 40 yds drive (1 netted a FG). On that last drive, we took two shots at the End Zone...

The OL ran-blocked and pass-blocked well, after our initial drive, against what was at Top 10 Defense last year. As we all know Jax has one of the best DL in the league. We ran extremely well, compared to last year...

Now on to the D...

Our No. 1 Defense did an excellent job against Jax's No. 1 Offense. How many of us would not mind having Leftwich as our starter? All 4 drives that Jax had with their 1st teamers, netted a total of 2 FDs, and totaled 30 yds. I don't recall Leftwich with time to throw on any pass attempt. He was sacked once in each drive and was pressure or hit on just about every pass attempt. That was a remarkeble improvement from our 1st game!

We had Jax's OL on their heels, and it was fun to watch, WOW... Nick sure as hell was right when he said he wanted an ATTACKING DEFENSE!

Last night he showed the NFL that Miami's Vanilla Style D is actually making the change! How many times was Zack, Crowder, Spragan involved in a Blitz? How many times did they actually pressure the QB?

The future is bright, as a team we still have improvements to make and players have to step up. Nick has shown us just glimpses of our future, and I can't wait for the 4th game of the Pre-Season, to see what we some game-planning will do for this team...

In conclusion expect our Defense to score some points from Turn-Overs, and I also expect our Offense to score more on BIG pass plays...

Here is to the "2005 Miami Dolphins."

yeah our first team defense was great, and think that once everyone comes around and learns the defense (shulters, tebucky since hes been injured) that will help out our secondary... our backups might need some work but if we can stay healthy i think we'll be ok

Back
Top Bottom