2 CB's in this draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 CB's in this draft

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
It definitely looks to me like were about to do a repeat of the 09 draft. Taking 2 CB's and expecting them to start day one.

Who I think they'll be?

Rd 1 - Xavier Rhodes, FSU
Rhodes is huge, and physical. Will play the big WR's. Hes arguably the best talent after Milliner.

Rd 2B - Jamar Taylor, BSU
Taylor is going to be a great Cover 2 corner. Hes excellent at zone coverage. Exactly what we need. He can be had in the late 2nd round.

Say hello to your new corners. I'm from Tallahassee FL, and I lived in Boise, ID for 10 years. I may have a little bias here...but it seems like the stars are aligning for me to root for 2 hometown boys and one of them - Taylor- has my last name! :) The last time we selected a "JT" or "Taylor" was in 97....when we just so happened to have just undergone a logo change.....weird.....I hope that means this JT will also be a hall of famer!! :crazy::crazy:

From what I've read around the web, Banks is also a good zone CB, supposedly with great instinct. I've also heard Hawthorne, the kid from Illinois is a sleeper. Jammar Taylor would be a coup at #42, he's got great instincts.

Last edited by a moderator:
James Taylor sings a mean song or two.

The miami pipeline continues. the miami kid goes to us with our 5th rd. comp pick.

From what I've read around the web, Banks is also a good zone CB, supposedly with great instinct. I've also heard Hawthorne, the kid from Illinois is a sleeper. James Taylor would be a coup at #42, he's got great instincts.

Jamar Jamar JAMAR

James Taylor sings a mean song or two.

The miami pipeline continues. the miami kid goes to us with our 5th rd. comp pick.

Heh

Seriously, I think it's a poor move to draft a corner at 12 when this is a deep cornerback class. You'll have good ones that can play available in the 3rd and even 4th round this year.

Smart teams go to another position in the 1st when a class is deep at the same position. Taking advantage of the depth, and of course taking advantage at a draft position like #12 on positions that are not as deep... it's just common sense and smart maneuvering , hence why smart and successful teams have gone this way over the years

Jamar Jamar JAMAR

Heh

Seriously, I think it's a poor move to draft a corner at 12 when this is a deep cornerback class. You'll have good ones that can play available in the 3rd and even 4th round this year.

Smart teams go to another position in the 1st when a class is deep at the same position. Taking advantage of the depth, and of course taking advantage at a draft position like #12 on positions that are not as deep... it's just common sense and smart maneuvering , hence why smart and successful teams have gone this way over the years

A Men. Couldn't have said it better myself.

The guy that I feel really strongly about is D.J. Hayden of Houston. He's explosive in the extreme and very physical. He makes plays on the football and is very good in coverage. If not for the tragic accident he had in practice during the year we would be talking about the guy as a 2nd round pick, perhaps even sneaking into the 1st round.

He severed his inferior vena cava during a practice collision. The mortality rate when that happens outside of a hospital is usually about 95% so he's lucky to be alive. They repaired the vein, and I'm told by medical people that because of the way veins heal there's less chance of tearing the vein in the same spot than there was before the injury (scar tissue prevents it). On the other hand, in order to repair it they had to crack open his sternum and that is what heals a little more slowly and prevents him from being ready for football right now, for example.

He had to take his rehab very slow. It wasn't long ago (just before the Combine) that he was finally allowed to even work out to the point of breaking a sweat. Yet, already, he just participated in his team's Pro Day and busted out some low 4.4's. Watch him on film and I think you know that he's capable of even better than that if he's fully in shape.

There are not very many corners in this draft I would take over a healthy D.J. Hayden.

The other guy I like that I've been talking about probably since around October is Darius Slay. Slay's stock is high enough that you might be lucky if he makes it to pick #42 now.

And a guy I've had a crush on for years would be Nickell Robey. As long as you know his limitations, you should still get an excellent football player.

If the Dolphins were to pair up Darius Slay/D.J. Hayden with Nickell Robey then I think they're covering both the inside and outside at the position very well.

Guys I also like to a degree include B.W. Webb, Robert Alford, Leon McFadden, Terry Hawthorne, Sanders Commings and Kayvon Webster.

The guy that I feel really strongly about is D.J. Hayden of Houston. He's explosive in the extreme and very physical. He makes plays on the football and is very good in coverage. If not for the tragic accident he had in practice during the year we would be talking about the guy as a 2nd round pick, perhaps even sneaking into the 1st round.

He severed his inferior vena cava during a practice collision. The mortality rate when that happens outside of a hospital is usually about 95% so he's lucky to be alive. They repaired the vein, and I'm told by medical people that because of the way veins heal there's less chance of tearing the vein in the same spot than there was before the injury (scar tissue prevents it). On the other hand, in order to repair it they had to crack open his sternum and that is what heals a little more slowly and prevents him from being ready for football right now, for example.

He had to take his rehab very slow. It wasn't long ago (just before the Combine) that he was finally allowed to even work out to the point of breaking a sweat. Yet, already, he just participated in his team's Pro Day and busted out some low 4.4's. Watch him on film and I think you know that he's capable of even better than that if he's fully in shape.

There are not very many corners in this draft I would take over a healthy D.J. Hayden.

I agree with all this. Hell if I was running it I'd just about turn the last 6 picks over to you and go play golf...

And what about this guy from UCONN Wreh-Wilson? I saw him play 1 game in Syracuse and tried to focus on him. Seems like a good prospect to me...

And what about this guy from UCONN Wreh-Wilson? I saw him play 1 game in Syracuse and tried to focus on him. Seems like a good prospect to me...

I really like him. His stock started rising, supposedly, after he ran an unofficial 4.4 (iirc) at the combine. Mocks have him late 1 or early 2. But yea, his size and break on the ball would make him a nice fit for this scheme, imo.

1. Werner or Jarvis Jones

2. ELAM or Cyprein or Reid

2B. Best CB available B.W.W or Emerson from NC ST or whats left

3rd Best WR

3B another CB

4th RB

Really a good prospect who's one of the better size/speed combinations at CB in this class that also times well in agility/explosion tests. Smart player that typically plays with good technique. Made a great INT against Bridgewater and Louisville in the endzone that was one of the more intelligent interceptions I saw all season that took sure points off the board for the Cardinals.

Matter of fact, between Gratz and Wreh-Wilson, UCONN probably had one of the better pairs of corners as a duo in the country in 2012.

Back
Top Bottom