2 first rounders? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 first rounders?

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
If we have 2 first round picks and a good o-linemen is not available I think we should take Woods and D.J. Williams. Williams could start for Greenwood so we could trade Greenwood or just cut him so we would save some money. And Williams is a great linebacker

I do to but he's a middle linebacker and we have Zach Thomas

If we're gonna take a defence player I'd rather us take Wilfork.

Ozzy rules!!

why pick up another linebacker when we still havent seen what Eddie moore can do

linebacker is the last position that help is needed. the two potential #1's need to be offense

Originally posted by Danny
If we're gonna take a defence player I'd rather us take Wilfork.

Ozzy rules!!

Wilfork is a high first round pick we could never get him

i agree, we need depth elsewhere on D before LB, if we are in fact forced to go D... DT/CB/S are more important positions to get younger at right now since we have greenwood and eddie moore.
besides the best LB decided not to come out (Derrick Johnson, Texas).

preferencs is of course WR/OL, but if the OL are gone and we are unable to trade down to pick up more picks then i would look at either Wilfork if he is there or one of the late round CB's...if only we could get the word out that sean taylor and mike williams are drug dealers who aren't worthy of a top pick since hell be suspended all year... then we snag them with our 2 picks and everything would be perfect.

i think we would be better suited to go O line. That aside, I would go with rivers before LB. If possible, and its not, I would love the safety from miami.

Why? Why? Why, would we draft on defense in round 1?

DJ Williams is the only defensive guy that we should look at, he is awesome and IMO will be great one day.

But reaching for Vernon Carey would be better for us at #23 than drafting DJ who should be off the board.

If we take a defenisve player I will **** myself.

Originally posted by nick19991
If we have 2 first round picks and a good o-linemen is not available I think we should take Woods and D.J. Williams. Williams could start for Greenwood so we could trade Greenwood or just cut him so we would save some money. And Williams is a great linebacker

I'm wary of DJ Wiliams.
I go to all the UM games and while this kid has all the talent and tools to be great I question his football intelligence.
He does not read plays well and bites way to easy on play fakes and misdirection plays. I don't know how many times during the year he gave up his outside contain because of basic fakes.
He got burned many times and many times he was able to recover just because the talent of that Defense was so fast.
In the NFL, you don't get the chance to recover from a bad decision.
DJ reminds me of another LB we drafted that was supposed to be awesome and didn't have the head for the NFL game. You might remember him. Jackie Shipp out of Oklahoma?

If they were to take a defensive player with one of the firsts, ,I would like to see DeAngelo Hall. They keep talking about Madison restructuring but his agent keeps saying that's not gonna happen. So Hall could compete for the starting job AND return punts/kicks.
I also wouldn't mind them trading one of the firsts and picking up an extra second or third.
I have a sneaky feeling that if O-Gun leaves and we do pick up the extra 1st and 3rd...there's gonna be a lot of wheeling and dealing.

Back
Top Bottom