2 first rounders? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 first rounders?

i actually mentioned DJ Williams as a pseudo joke for our pick at 20 earlier this offseason and everyone flipped...it was fun.

mentioned him because hed be a great value pick there at a position we dont really need, i could see us doing it though if we have 2 1sts.

It really wouldn't suprise me

He is very athletic, he's an athlete

He's the kinda guy that if Dave was incharge I no we would have on the roster. I wouldn't mind with two firsts, but Carey/Rivers is the way to go.

We needs some Canes on the rosters!!

Originally posted by Danny
If we're gonna take a defence player I'd rather us take Wilfork.

Ozzy rules!!

IF we do...................... Vince is a huge hunk of beef. Wow, he would take alot of pressure of TimBo and be ready to really do it to it when TimBo does leave. I'd like it!!

BUT we gotta go O tho !! ;) :lol:

Originally posted by finsnchips
It really wouldn't suprise me

He is very athletic, he's an athlete

He's the kinda guy that if Dave was incharge I no we would have on the roster. I wouldn't mind with two firsts, but Carey/Rivers is the way to go.

We needs some Canes on the rosters!!

Woods/Rivers makes more sense to me. The WRs at the top of the draft alll would make an impact day one and may be tops any other year. The O line draft is very ifey with a good FA O Line opportunity. Rivers is a pipe dream but what the heck. Its insurance at the most imporatnt position on the field.

Originally posted by nick19991

Wilfork is a high first round pick we could never get him

Most of what I've seen is the 10-15. May be different now, but depends on what the other #1 is tho.

I think that Vernon Carey has a lot to offer this team because of his versatility along the line.

I do not think that WR is enough of an issue to spend a first on. I agree we need a new starter, but with our management, Thompson is going to start next year. Plus i think we can seriously look at Jackson or Bruce in FA

No one has mentioned this yet...

Originally posted by nick19991
If we have 2 first round picks and a good o-linemen is not available I think we should take Woods and D.J. Williams. Williams could start for Greenwood so we could trade Greenwood or just cut him so we would save some money. And Williams is a great linebacker
I think the big question is, if we sign to good guards in FA, should we go WR and OL with the 2 picks, or use those two picks and trade up to grab one of the higher rated studs at WR?

ETA: By the way, why are you down on Morlon? He had a good season. We don't need another starting linebacker. The only way I see us picking a LB is maybe somewhere around the 4th round...a MLB to give Zach a breather now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike or Roy Williams!!

I would be in favour of that!!

Especially Roy.

any preferences? mike or roy?

This is probably more likely to happen, than for us to draft Rivers.

They could both be gone along with Fitz by 10. In which case there isn;t another WR i would trade up for.

Originally posted by finsnchips
Mike or Roy Williams!!

I would be in favour of that!!

Especially Roy.

any preferences? mike or roy?

This is probably more likely to happen, than for us to draft Rivers.

They could both be gone along with Fitz by 10. In which case there isn;t another WR i would trade up for.
Whoever Rick feels is the better WR is fine with me. I don't know anything about college players.

Someone will try and move out of one of the top spots due to need and positioning($$$$) We being in that mid to late range, would be in prime position to take the higher spot and give up one of the third round spots, leaving us with a top ten 1st, a late first and still a third. Anyway, I said all that to say...........................Sean Taylor and Rivers/Losman! Far fetched?? I say not!

i'd like mike because hes close to as talented and younger, plus his stock is more likely to fall than roys since his late entry if he enters, no combine, and age.

I'm probably one of the few who think picking defense is not necessarily bad. Especially w/ two first rounders. When you have a strong unit, you want to keep it that way and have rookies learn from the vets. Most of the star vets are pushing 30 already, so replacing some of them will be happening in the next two years whether we like it or not.

Yeah... I agree with integrating, but it's to do that without a 2nd round pick for this year and next. It would be great to pick up someone like Teddy Lehman in the second this year. But wait we got Wade Smith instead. I aint moaning about Wade, but i will about Taylor Whitley

Back
Top Bottom