2 New D Plays | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 New D Plays

M-REAL

"Another Battle, for the AFC East Title"
Reaction score
First I'll clarify what I mean to say. I know the these plays have been before but with different players and different results. The first one I saw was in the 1st Qtr. Greenwood and Seau blitz from the corners and disrupt the play. Bates might have threw that in there for fun and to see how it would fare against the 1st team offense. The second look I saw for the Fins 1st string D was Taylor/Zack/Seau breaking thru the line to get the QB. Seau makes contact first, then JT and Zack assist- to get the QB down. Now that was a nice play! I see them using this look(s) alot, come reg. season and the opposing O-lines will have a very hard time stopping all of em' at once or not at all.

I believe you're right. I can see and will be looking forward to a number of different blitz packages utilized this year. We do have the personnel to make the blitz a very effective weapon.

Originally posted by M-REAL
First I'll clarify what I mean to say. I know the these plays have been before but with different players and different results. The first one I saw was in the 1st Qtr. Greenwood and Seau blitz from the corners and disrupt the play. Bates might have threw that in there for fun and to see how it would fare against the 1st team offense. The second look I saw for the Fins 1st string D was Taylor/Zack/Seau breaking thru the line to get the QB. Seau makes contact first, then JT and Zack assist- to get the QB down. Now that was a nice play! I see them using this look(s) alot, come reg. season and the opposing O-lines will have a very hard time stopping all of em' at once or not at all.

Not to mention this is still preseason ;). Hopefully we've got some things really up our sleeves, so Taylor says.

Re: Re: 2 New D Plays

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

Not to mention this is still preseason ;). Hopefully we've got some things really up our sleeves, so Taylor says.

yeah man!! wouldn't that be sweet? That's the kind of stuff that would catch the whole NFL off guard... everyone assumes we'll be the same vanilla D we've always been with Bates..some imagination and aggressiveness on D is the last thing anyone expects! :evil:

Did any of the three blitzers on that play even get touched?

I hope the Fins look as good as you guys are sayin', I CAN'T WAIT TIL THIS SEASON!

Thank god Wanny is spending more time with the D this year, perhaps Bates is learning a thing or 2.

Sounds great so far! :)

Originally posted by M-REAL

Well they aren't new plays, we pull these plays before in the season and every defense does but miami hardly blitzes their sam and weak linebacker. If you notice, miami's corners went "man" down the field. For the second, Taylor just had good timing and speed against the tackle and our weak linebacker blitzed(seau) and zack thomas was covering the middle of the field but since everyone else was man to man, he came off his dutie to help them stop the troublesome qb.

Bates hasn't really incorporated anything different outside miami's press coverage scheme but we been seeing a lot of zone. More zone than before but miami always ends up giving big passing plays when they play zone. Not a good defense if their offense uses their fullbackand halfback as elegible receivers.

Back
Top Bottom