2 things I'm worried about.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 things I'm worried about..

I'm not worried about Brees height. For cb, I would like Miami to get Richard Marshall from Fresno State in the 2nd or 3rd round, he could be steal for whatever team picks him.

mtlfinfan said:
If we do end up signing Brees, I think his height is a definate problem. However he is a fantastic QB and a great competitor but that height factor bothers the hell out of me.

Another point is that we really do need a no.1 CB.

Thoughts Please!
Dont worry about his height.I remember the Steelers passing on Marino cuz his hands where to small.Look how that turned out.Brees has shown he can play.I just hope his shoulder is ok if we do sign him.

Specialk0832 said:
his height hasnt been a factor the last two great seasons by him...... why would it matter now??? you have seen that he can be impressive and do good even being shorter then the "typical" qb....
and a #1 cb would be clutch.... there are a lot of good cb's in the draft.... and ty law is a FA people.... saban will work somethin out

There are some things you can do offensively to hide the height issue. One thing that does matter is that the Chargers OL improved greatly during the 2 years that he's played well (he play pretty poorly prior to that), and gave him throwing lanes. If our OL doesn't improve, he'll struggle here due to his height...The shoulder injury bothers me more than his height...Will he recover fully, (as the doctors seem to feel) or will he be another Chad...(Chad was supposed to heal fully as well two years ago ???)

i´m more worried about his noodle arm after injury to his throwing shoulder

Scrap said:
I think Poole and Daniels will be fine as the two starters. We just need a nickel and dime after that.
dream on dream weaver neither is ready for those positions:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Height is overrated. Height and arm strength.

Seriously. The secret to be a good GM in any sport is to find players that are undervalued by other teams.

And the first place to look for undervalued quarterbacks is guys that are a little too short and/or don't have a cannon.

Brees should never have fallen to the second round in the first place. Because people are too hung up on height.

I mean, clearly someone 3'7" is gonna not work... but if you're around 6'0"? You're fine. Really.

mtlfinfan said:
If we do end up signing Brees, I think his height is a definate problem. However he is a fantastic QB and a great competitor but that height factor bothers the hell out of me.

Thoughts Please!
Then weight would be a concern too, just 209 lbs. Height and weight are concerns for unproven players, not proven ones.

mtlfinfan said:

Thoughts Please!

It's a non issue now. He has shown to be a very productive QB.

Back
Top Bottom