2 tidbits to pass along. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 tidbits to pass along.

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
The first thing is Ricky is going to start this season at 228 lbs down from the 240 he played the second half of the season last year. He says he played closer to 225 in college and would seemed to have a little bit more of a burst with the less weight. He said he gained the extra weight due to Haslett putting pressure on him to be a banger and be bigger. Let's hope the lighter weight allows him to still be a banger w/o getting hurt and also has a little more big play ability.

Second is Phins officials have been watching Andre Wadsworth to see if he can still add something to a team as a pass rusher. He is said to be asking for alot of money for a player coming off multiple knee injuries.If healthy he could really add a kick to our pass rush.I don't know if we need him or not though.

A guy I'd like us to keep an eye on would DE Paul Toviessi. He's a good pass rush guy who wrecked his knee and will require surgery. Bronc's released him to save enough room to sign Sinclair and he won't play this year but we could stash him on our IR and let him heal ala Adewale Ogunlye of a few years back. He's still under his rookie deal and would only make min and has talent but Bronc's weren't willing to wait.

Originally posted by Phinstd
The first thing is Ricky is going to start this season at 228 lbs down from the 240 he played the second half of the season last year. He says he played closer to 225 in college and would seemed to have a little bit more of a burst with the less weight. He said he gained the extra weight due to Haslett putting pressure on him to be a banger and be bigger. Let's hope the lighter weight allows him to still be a banger w/o getting hurt and also has a little more big play ability.

Second is Phins officials have been watching Andre Wadsworth to see if he can still add something to a team as a pass rusher. He is said to be asking for alot of money for a player coming off multiple knee injuries.If healthy he could really add a kick to our pass rush.I don't know if we need him or not though.

A guy I'd like us to keep an eye on would DE Paul Toviessi. He's a good pass rush guy who wrecked his knee and will require surgery. Bronc's released him to save enough room to sign Sinclair and he won't play this year but we could stash him on our IR and let him heal ala Adewale Ogunlye of a few years back. He's still under his rookie deal and would only make min and has talent but Bronc's weren't willing to wait.

Kinda funny that Haslett wanted Ricky to add more weight to be more of a pounder, then turned around and b*tched about him not running for a TD over 25+ yards. What an idiot!!

I was never real high on Toviessi, and was really suprised when he was taken in the 2nd round. I think there is a reason they gave up on him so early, they realized that he wasn't any good....but you never know, he could turn it around.

Wadsworth wont get the money he is looking for. Nobody is gonna pay him a lot of money, why would they. What has he ever proven or accomplished in the NFL, other than being the #3 overall pick? Throw in the fact that his leg was wrecked, you never know how good he will get back. Worth a gamble, but probobly not a big one, I certainly wouldn't throw money at him.

Yeah that's what I was thinking on Wadsworth too. Toviessi was just an idea on a cheap young pass rush threat.

You're probably right about there being a reason they released him.

i would take a chance on wadsworth if he was healthy and for the right price...i dont think he would get big money with the injury...

Re: Re: 2 tidbits to pass along.

Originally posted by chambers84

Kinda funny that Haslett wanted Ricky to add more weight to be more of a pounder, then turned around and b*tched about him not running for a TD over 25+ yards. What an idiot!!

Hasslet reminds me of the kid that asks a girl on a date then when she declines he sais i didnt like you anyway. If he wanted a back that could be a game breaker so bad then why did he only let McCallister carry the ball 12 times last season? He was pissed that RW wanted off his sinking ship, so he had to show how little class he had and take public shots at him. RW still hasn't taken a shot at him, but yet RW is the one that is bad with the media.

strange, but we have 5 DEs with playing experience on the roster, so unless we get some injuries, we s/b set at DE :confused:

RW at 225 is still a load :jumper:

Funny thing is even though Ricky was hurt for 2 out of the 3 years there. He opts to go with Deuce McCallister who has never finished a season healthy in college, and he thinks he can make it a full 16 games in the nfl. What a joke!! I'm not saying Deuce isn't bad. He'll probably be great when he's healthy, just like Fred Taylor!!

A stremlined Ricky Williams...that just makes me grin. :D

Also, according to Pro Football Talk, Toviessi will retire due to his injuries. I guess the idea of signing hiim and putting him on ice- so to speak- is out the window. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Toviessi is Toast to quote PFT. I know I dont want him

Any team that signs Andre Wadsworth for more than the veterans minimum has to be crazy unless its a contract with a small initial signing bonus and a nice size roster bonus in the 2nd or 3rd year of the contract with a piss poor base salary in the first and possibly 2nd year. Kinda like the Sam Cowart contract only CHEAPER. As long as the contract is structured so that his cap figure in the first year is on par with the Vet's minimum, and cutting him after year 1 has little or no repercussions, then I'm ok with a multi-year contract. I've yet to see a player successfully come back from micro-fracture surgery. The guy's done.

Wads had motivational questions before he got hurt so i would say no way .....another first round bust in the yatil green mode ...no thanks ...Im way more into getting good players that are unknown and work hell of alot harder IMHO.

Give Yatil a break...he was playing well in camp before injuries and looked like a player. After wrecking his knee twice he was no longer a 1st rd talent.

Put it this way...if knee injuries came before draft he'd been a low rd pick or not picked at all. Poor play has killed many a 1st rd guy but injuries are what killed Yatil.

Back
Top Bottom