#2 vs. a Tradedown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#2 vs. a Tradedown

NCDolphan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
To bring a different twist to the draft scanario, check out the history of the #2 Pick.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/twos

Now check out these #7 Picks (From 1990 on)

1990 Andre Ware
1991 Charles McRae
1992 Troy Vincent:cooldude:
1993 Curtis Conway
1994 Bryant Young
1995 Mike Mamula
1996 Terry Glenn
1997 Ike Hilliard
1998 Kyle Turley
1999 Champ Bailey
2000 Thomas Jones
2001 Andre Carter
2002 Bryant McKinnie
2003 Byron Leftwich
2004 Roy williams

I think this proves that there is very little difference in talent available from #2 to #7. A team would be foolish not to trade down unless a position player is in dire need. I for one would love to trade with Minn, I do not see it happening unless Minn is just simply in love with Edwards, but you never know. I thought this was some cool info:cooldude:

NCDolphan said:
To bring a different twist to the draft scanario, check out the history of the #2 Pick.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/twos

Now check out these #7 Picks (From 1990 on)

1990 Andre Ware
1991 Charles McRae
1992 Troy Vincent:cooldude:
1993 Curtis Conway
1994 Bryant Young
1995 Mike Mamula
1996 Terry Glenn
1997 Ike Hilliard
1998 Kyle Turley
1999 Champ Bailey
2000 Thomas Jones
2001 Andre Carter
2002 Bryant McKinnie
2003 Byron Leftwich
2004 Roy williams

I think this proves that there is very little difference in talent available from #2 to #7. A team would be foolish not to trade down unless a position player is in dire need. I for one would love to trade with Minn, I do not see it happening unless Minn is just simply in love with Edwards, but you never know. I thought this was some cool info:cooldude:

Its a valid point.You hedge your bets when you trade down to the top ten spots but you will still draft a heck of a player and get more picks to bolster your roster.

Depending on the draft and your needs moving up may not be that bad a move. The only way I would move up if I could get the best player at a need position. Say I need a WR and there was no Mike Williams in this draft. With 2 1st round picks like Minn. I may want to move up to grab BPA Edwards at a need position. In the Phins situwation we need help in many places so trading out of #2 makes alot of sense with no sure fire players at the top.

Very cool to compare the #2 VS. the #7 talent. Not a whole load of difference. We WILL trade down if a good deal can be reached and that's fine with me because of our many needs to fill.

Deepends on who is there. Every pick is a risk, you just have to have the right people in place and talent level has to be there. Last year it IMO would be better to stay and draft at 2, vs this year with the draft thin at the marguee Peyton Manning, Gallery, peppers type players, but deep overall, trading down and accumulating picks while still drafting top ten is the better option.

I am worried Saban won't have many teams willing to trade with us for our #2 pick and we wil just have a #2 and then a 3rd. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom